1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some company did a Mace Windu a year or two ago. They got lawyers after them. The figure still got released somehow but it's probably stressful for whoever that was doing it.
But it still doesn't make sense that they seem to get away with doing Marvel figs, both are owned by the Mouse. And WB are always happy to send their lawyers on people.

I'm not interested in Cobb Vanth tbh. Not sure why he is so sought after.

Yeah I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would want a fun character that's played by a great actor and is also wearing some Mandalorian armour... Makes no sense at all...

Olyphant’s unquestionable awesomeness aside, I think that episode alone is better than 75% of the movies. The same goes for Chapters 13 & 14. No wonder they’ve gone figure heavy on those episodes. I hand on heart believe we’ll see a Cobb Vanth pre-order in the next few months.

That episode was better than the entire sequel trilogy and most modern movies.

Cobb Vanth is wanted because:

-Great likeable actor playing him
-Cool costume
-Played by an actor from western style shows like Deadwood and Justified
-Will probably pop up again
-Great rapport with Mando

-Cool costume
Just to pick up on your 4th point there. He'll pop up again for sure, but he'll never ever pop up again in the Boba Fett armour. That's why if they're doing him then they need to get that version out before Book of Boba, just in case he has a cameo in that.

I can't wait to see the version of Vader from the incoming Kenobi series.

Another Vader version to be added into our collection once HT make him, there is no such thing as too many HT Vaders right? :D

So someone pointed out on FB that the Toyfair exclusives were revealed July 2 of last year. That would put that at this coming Friday. Looks like SDCC is July 23-25 which is the same weekend as ACGHK. Last year the special editions were announced on July 23. Both would be announced a day earlier this year, so hopefully some good stuff for this Thursday.

Would imagine Mando Luke & R2D2 will pop up at one of the conventions this month. Now that they did the last version of Mando we'll see until season 3, Luke/R2 is really the last Domino that needs to fall from the show.

I wouldn't mind Cobb Vanth, The Armorer and Koska Reeves, but Cobb is the only one I might buy. I'm tired of seeing Mando stuff at this point. I know it's the cash cow right now, but it's boring from my personal view as a collector. I don't have the space to dive deep into this line, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't want much more than the main heroes.

Really would like to see some Star Wars variety again. As has been discussed at length in this thread, there's plenty of OT, ST and TCW characters to get to.

I hear ya on space.

Because of the space issue and my OCD to not perceive displays as clutter, I’ve limited myself to only three pivotal figures of characters from each season. To start it off each season, one of these characters would always be the Mandalorian. Grogu, who I also include in both season displays, doesn’t add to the count due to his size. For The first season I chose OG Mando/w Child (bought loose from the beskar set), IG Nurse Droid, and Kuiil. Season 2 it’s Mando/w Grogu, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka Tano. Some can argue that Moff Gideon should be there in place of others, as well as Bo-Katan Kryze, and especially the eventual Luke Skywalker, but I had to go with the ones that just resonated with me more, and at the end of the day both seasons were really about Din and Grogu’s journey so all the other characters don’t necessarily feel as mandatory— lets me off the hook for leaving some out!

But it still doesn't make sense that they seem to get away with doing Marvel figs, both are owned by the Mouse. And WB are always happy to send their lawyers on people.

I can only guess that LF are more protective of their license than Marvel Studios. Maybe the subsidiaries have their own legal department to deal with this sort of thing.

Good call, Green Goblin.

I've got the Transport Trooper already on pre-order would probably just pick up a loose Din head sculpt and call it a day. I don't need a second one.

So someone pointed out on FB that the Toyfair exclusives were revealed July 2 of last year. That would put that at this coming Friday. Looks like SDCC is July 23-25 which is the same weekend as ACGHK. Last year the special editions were announced on July 23. Both would be announced a day earlier this year, so hopefully some good stuff for this Thursday.
How do you go about getting some of these exclusives? Do they open some orders to online retailers?

-Cool costume

To me, it's all about the actor and his gunslinger roles previously and the first time seeing that Fett armor again since ROTJ. Heck, I bought Season 2 Mando and Grogu mainly for that extra Fett helmet. (Yes, I need help and no, I realize this is not the forum to seek that assistance)

Rumor from Reddit is that the Armorer is a con exclusive this year.
Justin's Collection with Jedha is on now. Both say this is not 100%. Justin did have someone tell him that Endgame Thor was next to release, but it was the 501st Trooper. Both got the same list that it is Armorer, MK1 diecast (he mentioned he was told this last year too), Neon Mk50, VG Batman Arkham (unclear on character from game) and Cyborg. ACGHK Preorder is MK1, Cyborg, VG Batman is then AT the convention is Neon Mk50, VG Spidey, Armorer.

Justin's Collection with Jedha is on now. Both say this is not 100%. Justin did have someone tell him that Endgame Thor was next to release, but it was the 501st Trooper. Both got the same list that it is Armorer, MK1 diecast (he mentioned he was told this last year too), Neon Mk50, VG Batman Arkham (unclear on character from game) and Cyborg. ACGHK Preorder is MK1, Cyborg, VG Batman is then AT the convention is Neon Mk50, VG Spidey, Armorer.

I'll take Armorer and diecast Mark 1. Neither one seems to fall into the exclusive type category though.

Back