1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin's Collection with Jedha is on now. Both say this is not 100%. Justin did have someone tell him that Endgame Thor was next to release, but it was the 501st Trooper. Both got the same list that it is Armorer, MK1 diecast (he mentioned he was told this last year too), Neon Mk50, VG Batman Arkham (unclear on character from game) and Cyborg. ACGHK Preorder is MK1, Cyborg, VG Batman is then AT the convention is Neon Mk50, VG Spidey, Armorer.

Chinese retailers have EG Thor listed as June / July release, so it's not too far off.

Rumor from Reddit is that the Armorer is a con exclusive this year.
Rapidly searches for feinting meme.

Is the source of those rumours Justin? His source miraculously managed to get all four wrong last year. Endor Luke with Speeder rings a bell. Still, all will be forgiven if correct about this one.

Rapidly searches for feinting meme.

Is the source of those rumours Justin? His source miraculously managed to get all four wrong last year. Endor Luke with Speeder rings a bell. Still, all will be forgiven if correct about this one.
Justin and Jedha are both reporting the same. I wont get my hopes up until I see an order page though.

Justin and Jedha are both reporting the same. I wont get my hopes up until I see an order page though.
Just found the point in the stream where they said it. The fact that Jedha claimed the same thing definitely adds more credibility to it. I’d trust this more than that Man of Hot Collectibles/EZ Company Padmé leak from last week. Not that I’m accusing them of being wrong, I feel it’s just a case of crossed wires. Back to the Armorer, did they mean she’ll be available to buy on the day from the convention, no wait on a pre-order? That’s one figure I’d definitely be prepared to pay a little extra for to get in-hand early. If we get both Padmé and the Armorer, my two most wanted figures, in the next couple of months then Hot Toys can release all the re-paints, re-releases, and Venonmized figures they want for all I care :) Add a Cobb Vanth and there’s no telling what I’d do.

Regarding the convention exclusives..

I feel like the Iron Man Mark I wouldn’t be a convention exclusive personally. Usually those tend to be variants and not main armors that will sell a lot.

I could sort of see the Armorer from The Mandalorian as an exclusive because she’s popular, but is more of a side character.

Cyborg seems like a pipe dream. Could make sense as an exclusive because it probably would be a short run figure, but does Hot Toys care enough to actually make it?

Last edited:
I also feel like it is rather "on the nose" that most, if not all of those was a possibility going in. Looking at past releases, what might be incoming, all of us had an idea that it could be something like this. We'll just have to see.

They can do Mark 1 and Armorer as normal releases announcement for the con and include exclusive accessories for the con exclusive version, kind of like that Mk 85 shield.
Yeah, that would make sense. Didn’t they do something similar with the Sith Trooper 2 years ago? A deluxe at the convention and then trimmed-down later release.

The guy didn't say it word for word, just said a big company beginning with an H. He also said the said company can still launch products in their stores for the event if they want, which leads me to think it's HT and not Hasbro.

Source is ToysTV. You need to know cantonese but the guy has a booth there and ToysTV also is one of the media group covering the ACG. Again, he didn't say it flat out that HT is not attending.

Which means all the prototypes will be on display at the online Sideshow con instead. It makes perfect sense as others have said Star Wars doesn’t really have a big following in Asia.

Yeah, that would make sense. Didn’t they do something similar with the Sith Trooper 2 years ago? A deluxe at the convention and then trimmed-down later release.
It was just an early release. The only difference was the shipper box said SDCC.

Maybe HT has way too much stuff on preorder... maybe they decided not to show anything new at SDCC?
They'll 100% be at SDCC/Sideshow Con whatever it is.

Back