1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that releases like this is how the company makes a quick profit. But to release a million mandalorian figures in a row is boring. All most of us ask for is a little variety. Maybe 6 mandalorian releases then an ot or pt release. Then sprinkle in iron man, spider man, and venomized cosbabies. The sheer amount of mandalorian figures exceeds esb, rotj, and every pt movie combined.
Also, that may be fake news, but it?s not far off.

Unlike the OT & PT, The Mandalorian is a current hot property, so it makes sense that HT would prioritize it over the older movies. It's the tried and true strike while the iron is hot approach. They probably know the OT & PT figures will sell whenever they get around to it, but maybe they aren't quite so sure about Mando's long-term appeal, especially in today's entertainment world where the next Grogu may be only days away. Still, they should realize that most customers find figures of actual characters more desirable than countless derivatives of faceless troopers. :slap

Well seeing numerous people with huge collections, they will buy this and HT still wins. The vocal crowd here though wants a wow factor. We did get a Luke Pilot and Lando ESB PO this year. Think that was it for iconic OT characters. The Lando was a surprise, but a lot of people have different wants.

There has to be some issue with Harrison Ford. Hard to imagine a Han going this long without a release is crazy in the SW toy world. Han/Chewie is going for over 1k. People are rightfully mad that an ESB Han was a bait to get you to buy an ESB Leia. There is no other way to look at it. Hope Kuiil doesn't get the same treatment.

A Chewie with 3PO would be a jaw dropper that's for sure. Imagine seeing that in your collection.

Just for a bit of perspective...

There were 3 Mando releases in 2019, 9 in 2020 and there have been 9 this year already.

There were 2 OT figures in 2019, 2 in 2020 and none this year so far.

There were 2 PT figures in 2019, 1 in 2020 and none this year so far.

There have been more Mando figures in the last 5 months than 2.5 years worth of OT/PT combined. HT are starting to take the p***.

And still no Armorer.

It's been a minute since I watched the show, but I bet you this latest Stormtrooper was on screen for less than five minutes before he was killed.

And still no Armorer.

It's been a minute since I watched the show, but I bet you this latest Stormtrooper was on screen for less than five minutes before he was killed.

About 5 seconds total actually, including the couple of frames where they are visible for a split second.

The Artillery Trooper fires a couple of rounds at Fennec and does not appear again. Unless I missed it, they do not get a death scene either.

Unlike the OT & PT, The Mandalorian is a current hot property, so it makes sense that HT would prioritize it over the older movies. It's the tried and true strike while the iron is hot approach. They probably know the OT & HT figures will sell whenever they get around to it,

The "striking while the iron is hot" just seems more like an excuse
at this point imho. There's simply no balance whatsoever. Keep in mind
this is only one television show's character roster we're discussing and with the current
slate of SW shows Disney has on the horizon the further that characters from the OT/PT
becomes lesser priorities.

Just for a bit of perspective...

There were 3 Mando releases in 2019, 9 in 2020 and there have been 9 this year already.

There were 2 OT figures in 2019, 2 in 2020 and none this year so far.

There were 2 PT figures in 2019, 1 in 2020 and none this year so far.

There have been more Mando figures in the last 5 months than 2.5 years worth of OT/PT combined. HT are starting to take the p***.

:exactly: This should tell you all you need to know with regarding HT's current obsession with the Mandalorian. A show that's been out for less than 2 years
already has a disproportionate release of figures in contrast to 2 notable
trilogies that its piggybacked off of.

Last edited:
About 5 seconds total actually, including the couple of frames where they are visible for a split second.

The Artillery Trooper fires a couple of rounds at Fennec and does not appear again. Unless I missed it, they do not get a death scene either.

I counted 5 seconds as well.

He fired three times: 2 + 2 + 1 second.

Then he just disappears, presumably crushed by the boulder.

mandalorian-ch7-10.png

:rip

:lol

For some reason I thought yesterday was Thursday when I made my drop-or-die prediction... so being that Thursday night/Friday morning is HT's favorite time to drop their weekly masterpiece I must amend my final prediction for Kuill to tonight. Tonight is do-or-die for Kuill.

Yeah, HT are gonna make me burned out for Mando season 3 before it's even released.

For some reason I thought yesterday was Thursday when I made my drop-or-die prediction... so being that Thursday night/Friday morning is HT's favorite time to drop their weekly masterpiece I must amend my final prediction for Kuill to tonight. Tonight is do-or-die for Kuill.

So you?re saying there?s still hope!

That's Howard Chan walking away.

main-qimg-7e864cc4bd1e776768b51c92fc9b7ca8

Unlike the OT & PT, The Mandalorian is a current hot property, so it makes sense that HT would prioritize it over the older movies. It's the tried and true strike while the iron is hot approach. They probably know the OT & PT figures will sell whenever they get around to it

Yep. I’ve been saying this for years when it comes to what HT chooses to produce. Plus the fact that now that Disney is beginning to crank out SW shows like crazy the amount of material for HT to choose from for SW figures is really broad so I expect less and less attention on the OT and more on what?s current. HT can only do so much.

Mando, Book of Fett, Bad Batch and so on are what we will be seeing figures from more often than anything else for a while. Sit back and get used to it.
Personally I’m enjoying what I have, enjoying what?s being offered ( including the Mustard trooper) and looking forward to what they’ll do next.

The thing is, are HT releasing these now because they don't think there's longevity in Mando like there is in the OT and PT, so they have to get all of them out now before people get bored and move on to the next fix?

The thing is, are HT releasing these now because they don't think there's longevity in Mando like there is in the OT and PT, so they have to get all of them out now before people get bored and move on to the next fix?

I don’t think it has to necessarily do with longevity concerning interest in the show. I suspect those that like Mando now will like it years from now. I’m assuming it has to do with the sheer volume of newly interested ones in the SW universe due to the show on top of all those that have been interested in SW for decades. That means HT gets to sell to us old folk who just enjoy the SW universe and have been for years as well as those just coming on the scene. Simply put, a larger, immediate customer base.

It’s just hot right now. Would Mando fans buy a Mustard Trooper if it were debuted 5 years from now instead? Probably. But from a business standpoint it’s much safer, maybe saying it’s much smarter is better, to produce as much product while a property is hot than risk the chance of it cooling off on down the road.

I honestly feel like part of the contract between them is "produce X number of troopers" or "at least one trooper per season" or something like that. I mean we all knew this trooper was coming, it's out of the way now.

. Simply put, a larger, immediate customer base.

It?s just hot right now. Would Mando fans buy a Mustard Trooper if it were debuted 5 years from now instead? Probably. But from a business standpoint it?s much safer, maybe saying it?s much smarter is better, to produce as much product while a property is hot than risk the chance of it cooling off on down the road.

So you're essentially referring to the bandwagon sort of customer base then?
As oppose to the fanbase that has predated the actual show. I'm not even sure
that from a business standpoint that this type of output by such a particular recent albeit hot piece of the SW universe wouldn't risk a premature burnout. Sure, the show itself can cool down in the future
but its intrinsically tied to the SW brand so technically it wouldn't really matter as its something they could easily
revisit in the future.

Last edited:
Back