1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to strike when the iron is hot. Old SW fans are still hanging on, so they won't be losing them. Time frame for the current content is limited, or at least business wise you assume it is, so time to cash in with the hype train in motion. How many people regret buying the ST figures?

I do! Thankfully I only bought 2: Original Kylo and Jakkutrooper.

Yep I got the OG Kylo. While looking decently cool, I just can't get over the damage from the story. Thankfully, was able to recently sell him to someone on a FB HT group.

I was fooled by HT's limited edition nonsense about Jakkutrooper... only to find out that HT's limited edition meant limited to the entire world.

I would sell mine, but a sick little part of me wants to place them on the shelf so the other Star Wars figures can laugh and deride them when I'm not looking.

I was fooled by HT's limited edition nonsense about Jakkutrooper... only to find out that HT's limited edition meant limited to the entire world.

I would sell mine, but a sick little part of me wants to place them on the shelf so the other Star Wars figures can laugh and deride them when I'm not looking.

I would sell my TFA figures but they just arent even worth selling at such a loss, I keep them out of spite.

Yep...

When someone sees my glorious collection of Star Wars figures and asks: what did you think of the newest trilogy? I point to these two lonely ass figures.

I wonder if someone sells sixth scale dunce hats for them.

How many people regret buying the ST figures?

Thankfully, I only got the Rey and BB-8 set from TFA. I didn't know it at the time, but those would be the only ST characters I wouldn't outright hate. I guess Kylo too. While I don't regret getting them, I wouldn't do it again given the chance for a redo, and I'm certainly happy I didn't pick up any others.

Got to strike when the iron is hot. Old SW fans are still hanging on, so they won't be losing them. Time frame for the current content is limited, or at least business wise you assume it is, so time to cash in with the hype train in motion. How many people regret buying the ST figures?

I do. I was the biggest ****ing idiot to waste my money on those things.

I bought Rey/BB-8, Kylo Ren, First Order Trooper Commander or whatever it was, two pack of first order troopers, Finn/First Order. Plus some 3.75 figures and black series figures. At that point I liked literally everything from Star Wars and thought no chance I don?t like this... big lesson learned. Sold the 1/6th figures to some collectors here so at least someone will enjoy them.

I would sell my TFA figures but they just arent even worth selling at such a loss, I keep them out of spite.

I couldn?t keep them. They don?t deserve a spot on my shelves and did nothing in their boxes. I think they worth selling at a loss when you can put that money towards all the awesome TCW/Mando figures releasing.

Yep...

When someone sees my glorious collection of Star Wars figures and asks: what did you think of the newest trilogy? I point to these two lonely ass figures.

:lol

Hate collecting :lol

I?d just sell em. They would probably pay for the new 1/6 Snowspeeder Luke.

The thing is, are HT releasing these now because they don't think there's longevity in Mando like there is in the OT and PT, so they have to get all of them out now before people get bored and move on to the next fix?

I really dont think this is the case, its just that Mando is really hot now, and they're getting stuff done before Boba hits. The beauty of SW stuff is that regardless of era, it all kind of goes together anyways. I have Cody right next to Boba and Mando and everyone gets along fine.

Mando isnt like Sequel stuff, 98% of people who have seen the Mando show love him and everyone onscreen [except maybe faceless troopers onscreen for <5 seconds] and I dont think he's going anywhere. ST is super polarizing.

Yep I got the OG Kylo. While looking decently cool, I just can't get over the damage from the story. Thankfully, was able to recently sell him to someone on a FB HT group.

I'm getting the latest Kylo Ren and will add him to my dark side collection, kinda like Adam Driver, haven't even watched the film yet and have absolute zero incentive doing so :lol

I'm getting the latest Kylo Ren and will add him to my dark side collection, kinda like Adam Driver, haven't even watched the film yet and have absolute zero incentive doing so :lol

I won't hold it against anyone if they think a figure is cool and don't care about the background of the character. Look at Boba Fett, everyone pretty much made him a badass even though he didn't do much in the OT. My Heavy Mando has like a minute of screen time!

Same with my Solo Darth Maul with roughly 20 second on screen showing off with that Qui'ra chick :lol.

5FA21D47-194B-44D2-804E-4064496F8A05.jpeg
Too bad Hot Toys will never make this.
From Mr. Toys, it?s their second attempt at this.

Well after that droid photo and favorite quote FB posts, we got Iron Man and Mustard Gas Artillery Trooper. Guess you can rule out anything to those posts :slap

It is a repainted variant of RO stormtrooper, never like the weird shape of RO stormtrooper's helmet in the first place.

Back