1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to disappoint you - I don't have the Ewok either. Nonsense characters. Imagine how good the end of Jedi would have been if those were all Wookies as originally intended. It's a shame.

3PO is unbearable in ESB - moreso than in ROTJ in my opinion. Constantly listening to him scream on Falcon is miserable. He's not bad in ANH at all but he's insufferable in everything he's been in after that. Even his line in Rogue One is dumb "we're going to Scarif? Why does no one tell me anything?" Silly.

I'm not disputing that he's iconic. That much is undebatable. I just find him to be entirely insufferable. At least Jar Jar tried to help after they landed on Tatooine. 3PO just yelled about not wanting to die from Hoth on.

Couldn?t disagree more. 3PO is fantastic in ESB. Much needed levity in a dark movie. His dynamic with Han is amazing.
It?s a careful balance with 3PO because he can be annoying. Kersh got it right in ESB, Lucas got it wrong in AOTC.

For you guys to put that ridiculous Ewok on your shelf but write off 3PO as 'annoying' is really... well, annoying.

Nice, couldn't wait Hot Toys 3PO and add him next to my ridiculous Wicket, I will then label them as...annoying shelf.

C-3PO, Wicket etc. are nowhere near as annoying as the likes of L3-37, Rose Tico, Wrecker, and DJ. They're not even in the same ballpark of annoying.

I don't see Wrecker as annoying, he's just a doofus.

L3-37, yeah, you have a point. Definitely worse than 3PO and Jar Jar. Definitely.

As far as Rose and DJ, I just consider any characters from TLJ and ROS to be among the worst in Star Wars.

C-3PO, Wicket etc. are nowhere near as annoying as the likes of L3-37, Rose Tico, Wrecker, and DJ. They're not even in the same ballpark of annoying.

Only familiar with Wrecker, the rest I have no idea..characters in some sort of parody movies perhaps ?

L3-37 was the only really annoying thing in what I think of as the fourth best Star Wars movie.

Her sentiment and actions were in-keeping with Star Wars history, but her insistence and manner of delivery grated.

Wouldn't say no to a 1/6, because figures don't talk. And if she did I'd take the batteries out anyway. lol

Solo as the 4th best Star Wars movie? Interesting. Not hating, but surprised to see it ranked that high. Can I ask what your* top three are?

*not an invitation for thread to turn into everyone's personal Star Wars rankings

Solo as the 4th best Star Wars movie? Interesting. Not hating, but surprised to see it ranked that high. Can I ask what your* top three are?

*not an invitation for thread to turn into everyone's personal Star Wars rankings

The OT are the top three. Rogue One is a close fifth.

Solo largely feels like a genuine recreation of what it was like reading the early EU novels by Brian Daley (1979-80) and L. Neil Smith (1983). I always found those tales of adventure to be more engaging than those focusing on the Force. With Han, Chewie and Lando, Star Wars was a space western.

By contrast the PT didn't feel like Star Wars at all until the very end, and the ST is best left unmentioned.

1. All ewoks must die. Mando can pick 'em off with his rifle for target practice, for all of me. Die.

2. L3-37: you are not wrong here. SHUUUUTTTTT UPPPPPPP my god she puts poor 3PO in the shade, for annoying.

3. Rose Tico: The less said, the better.

4. Wrecker: a pretty harmless doofus. I dont be hatin'. He has his uses.

5. Jar Jar: I would roll the Death Star up to a planet and incinerate the whole thing, just because he was on it.

I think its SW canon that there MUST be at least one annoying entity in all SW media.

L3-37 was the only really annoying thing in what I think of as the fourth best Star Wars movie.

Her sentiment and actions were in-keeping with Star Wars history, but her insistence and manner of delivery grated.

Wouldn't say no to a 1/6, because figures don't talk. And if she did I'd take the batteries out anyway. lol

Pretty much sums up my opinion on "L3" and "Solo" as well. Even if it feels a bit hollow, definitely one of the Star Wars movies i envoy watching when i have the chance. So many characters worthy of the 1/6 treatment that will never be. I really hope the "Lando" series project goes forward so we get to see more of that era.

I used to find Wrecker (and the rest of the Bad Batch) annoying because of their characterization in TCW Season 7.

But they have been adjusted a bit in The Bad Batch show to be less so. There is a bit more heart and humor. Also helps that they are not competing for screen time with other characters.

He is a doofus, but he is like a big kid and means well.

DJ is abs-s-s-solutely insufferable. I get the message but it is unnecessary (war bad - of course it is, bad people make money off war).

Rose suffered from terrible writing. Kelly Marie Tran and her character deserved better than to be shoved in both a literal and metaphorical potato sack.

L3 is fine. Could have been toned down a bit and given a little more nuance, but otherwise okay.

The Solo movie is a gem that deserves more love. Hope we do actually get to see more of those characters.

The OT are the top three. Rogue One is a close fifth.

Solo largely feels like a genuine recreation of what it was like reading the early EU novels by Brian Daley (1979-80) and L. Neil Smith (1983). I always found those tales of adventure to be more engaging than those focusing on the Force. With Han, Chewie and Lando, Star Wars was a space western.

By contrast the PT didn't feel like Star Wars at all until the very end, and the ST is best left unmentioned.

Pretty much my thoughts 100%

I'm getting this post tattooed across my back in SW-inspired font.:lol

Why by tonight? Couldn’t he be officially revealed later?

Wor likes to build things up then be disappointed.:dunno

Beyond iconic and like/dislike as a character, he's also a beautiful/elegant design though and is like the X-wing suit - really adds color and interest to a SW display.
Still one of my all time favorite Star Wars images despite finding 3PO a bit annoying in certain scenes. The old Sideshow premium format on the sand base is about as iconic Star Wars as it gets.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
9b0a929b2e61598cb8f0c01dd08ea899.jpg

Back