1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C3po will get made when he appears in mandalorian season 7. That may be our only hope.

I doubt we see much more of 3PO to be honest. He's an important legacy character, absolutely, but he's not an incredibly popular character. He was Jar Jar before there was Jar Jar - the character for kids that was probably annoying to many adults. As a kid watching Star Wars on VHS in the early 90s I thought 3PO was funny, as an adult he's just annoying, and a lot of the worst episodes of The Clone Wars have too much 3PO in them.

Hell, even Disney poked fun at 3PO in Rogue One with K-2SO's great line "would you like to know the odds of failure? They're high."

I want a 3PO figure and would buy a 3PO figure. I just doubt they'll do much more with the character that he'll appear in other media.

I doubt we see much more of 3PO to be honest. He's an important legacy character, absolutely, but he's not an incredibly popular character. He was Jar Jar before there was Jar Jar - the character for kids that was probably annoying to many adults. As a kid watching Star Wars on VHS in the early 90s I thought 3PO was funny, as an adult he's just annoying, and a lot of the worst episodes of The Clone Wars have too much 3PO in them.

Hell, even Disney poked fun at 3PO in Rogue One with K-2SO's great line "would you like to know the odds of failure? They're high."

I want a 3PO figure and would buy a 3PO figure. I just doubt they'll do much more with the character that he'll appear in other media.

3PO is a treasured character spanning all 3 trilogies. If used well, he is a fantastic character.... see ESB. We will see him again.

Thats a bit harsh...

Both are those are superb, especially the AOTC version with the heavy weathering. Would also love a TPM naked 3PO. However, an all-encompassing gold version is the absolute priority for a first release.

Really don’t get the 3PO hatred at all, he’s iconic. I can understand how people don’t like the cheesy ST version of the character, and how people could be put off by Anthony Daniels himself, but I don’t get any of the hatred for the OT version of the character.

Both are those are superb, especially the AOTC version with the heavy weathering. Would also love a TPM naked 3PO. However, an all-encompassing gold version is the absolute priority for a first release.

Really don’t get the 3PO hatred at all, he’s iconic. I can understand how people don’t like the cheesy ST version of the character, and how people could be put off by Anthony Daniels himself, but I don’t get any of the hatred for the OT version of the character.

Yep, the OT version of 3PO is great - especially for me in ROTJ (both the 3PO/Jaba scenes and the scene with the Ewoks are great).

I never read the comic but I have always loved this take on a Threepio gone rogue type of story. But leaving the actor out of it, the character is iconic in every sense. PT, OT, ST, Clone Wars, Rebels, Droids animated show from back in the day - he's popped up just about everywhere.

C3-PX.jpg

Totally agree with that. I guess I could see people who didn't grow up with him feeling that way, but he's essential.

I think we all are. I?m amazed HT haven?t made her..... even Figuarts have done an armourer figure. Fingers crossed she appears in S3.

Lego are rumoured to have a set on the horizon which includes her too... I know some have had the ?faceless? helmeted figure fatigue from a series of Trooper type figures especially from Mando but she is one figure I hope we get eventually as she will look great with either the OG or Beskar Mando!

Totally agree with that. I guess I could see people who didn't grow up with him feeling that way, but he's essential.

I grew up with 3PO. I didn't hate him then. I can't stand him now. ANH is the only movie I can tolerate him. He's so neurotic and annoying in all the other movies.

I never read the comic but I have always loved this take on a Threepio gone rogue type of story. But leaving the actor out of it, the character is iconic in every sense. PT, OT, ST, Clone Wars, Rebels, Droids animated show from back in the day - he's popped up just about everywhere.

View attachment 513447

I simply CANNOT recommend the Aphra books highly enough, they are a delight. They are honestly hilarious. Trip and BeeTee are less hilarious, though. They're not called "murder droids" for nothing. Trip loves torture. They are both absolutely awful.

In these books we are not only introduced to the concept of droids who love killing and torture more than anything else in the world, but we also have some mad doctor who kidnaps people for torture and experimentation. One of his more recent ventures is "decraniating" people. Yep, its what it sounds like. Its pretty damn dark, really. Aphra crosses Vader one time too many and he legit shoves her right out of an airlock with the intent to kill. They show her floating in the void, dying. I'm like, "WTF."

Read it. I am not sure if these books are canon or not. I think they might be.

The notion of annoying C-3PO always prominently existing in my mind, regardless of his depictions in the OT, PT, animated CW, ST...bla bla, pretty much I never bother to care. But it is one of the SW figures I must have in my collection, to complete the set up, like the storm troopers :lol.

3PO wasn't annoying until ESB... but he became pointless with Jedi and beyond... so I understand the hate for an old friend. He's been a forced character pretty much since Jedi.

That said, he and R2 really got the whole thing started in that escape pod in 1977 and his image was, along with R2 and Vader, iconic Star Wars in 1977. I try to remember him only from ANH.... and when Ford raises a finger to him and he says: It can wait.

For you guys to put that ridiculous Ewok on your shelf but write off 3PO as 'annoying' is really... well, annoying.

I think we all are. I?m amazed HT haven?t made her..... even Figuarts have done an armourer figure. Fingers crossed she appears in S3.

Lego are rumoured to have a set on the horizon which includes her too... I know some have had the ?faceless? helmeted figure fatigue from a series of Trooper type figures especially from Mando but she is one figure I hope we get eventually as she will look great with either the OG or Beskar Mando!

Hot take: The Armorer will get made before Kuiil will. :nana:

Yeah I loved her scenes, she has gravitas every second she's on screen. Yeah I'd be very tempted with a 1/6 figure; after watching S1, it seems HT are pumping out lots of characters, even if they have minimal screen time, for example HIM had about 2-3 minutes of screen time.

For you guys to put that ridiculous Ewok on your shelf but write off 3PO as 'annoying' is really... well, annoying.

Sorry to disappoint you - I don't have the Ewok either. Nonsense characters. Imagine how good the end of Jedi would have been if those were all Wookies as originally intended. It's a shame.

3PO is unbearable in ESB - moreso than in ROTJ in my opinion. Constantly listening to him scream on Falcon is miserable. He's not bad in ANH at all but he's insufferable in everything he's been in after that. Even his line in Rogue One is dumb "we're going to Scarif? Why does no one tell me anything?" Silly.

I'm not disputing that he's iconic. That much is undebatable. I just find him to be entirely insufferable. At least Jar Jar tried to help after they landed on Tatooine. 3PO just yelled about not wanting to die from Hoth on.

I simply CANNOT recommend the Aphra books highly enough, they are a delight. They are honestly hilarious. Trip and BeeTee are less hilarious, though. They're not called "murder droids" for nothing. Trip loves torture. They are both absolutely awful.

In these books we are not only introduced to the concept of droids who love killing and torture more than anything else in the world, but we also have some mad doctor who kidnaps people for torture and experimentation. One of his more recent ventures is "decraniating" people. Yep, its what it sounds like. Its pretty damn dark, really. Aphra crosses Vader one time too many and he legit shoves her right out of an airlock with the intent to kill. They show her floating in the void, dying. I'm like, "WTF."

Read it. I am not sure if these books are canon or not. I think they might be.

The Marvel published comics are canon.

And I’m glad to see another Aphra fan. She’s a great character. BT-1 and 0-0-0 are awesome as well.

Sorry to disappoint you - I don't have the Ewok either. Nonsense characters. Imagine how good the end of Jedi would have been if those were all Wookies as originally intended. It's a shame.

3PO is unbearable in ESB - moreso than in ROTJ in my opinion. Constantly listening to him scream on Falcon is miserable. He's not bad in ANH at all but he's insufferable in everything he's been in after that. Even his line in Rogue One is dumb "we're going to Scarif? Why does no one tell me anything?" Silly.

I'm not disputing that he's iconic. That much is undebatable. I just find him to be entirely insufferable. At least Jar Jar tried to help after they landed on Tatooine. 3PO just yelled about not wanting to die from Hoth on.

Beyond iconic and like/dislike as a character, he's also a beautiful/elegant design though and is like the X-wing suit - really adds color and interest to a SW display.

Back