1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic of the droids is probably a tease for the Jawa and Treadwell 2pk...
cause God knows C3PO and R5D4 aren't on their radar.. sigh

It's only a d*** move if you are SideShow. A lot of us will rejoice. I don't think they will do it though. I hope to see the E1 C3PO to start and to avoid conflicts with SideShow.

SS has been offering their own version of C-3P0 currently. From your logic with Grievous basically C3PO is also a no-no too, to "avoid conflicts".

HT isn't making Grievous. I remember when people thought Sideshow rushed Jabba out because HT was working on theirs. Pigs will fly before HT does a Jabba on throne and Grievous isn't much more likely at this point.

SS has Jedi Luke/ROTJ Vader/R2/3PO/Mythos Fett and Grievous coming this year. Tight window before the end of the year. Maybe they agreed on availability time frames instead of announcements. Just as business partners, you'd think they would want to align their similar products to not eat each other. Guess you could argue any of their statues would do that - Mythos CW General Kenobi, ESB Han, Bespin Luke, Mythos CW Anakin, Mando.

Maybe HT can?t release C3P0 because the Tamashi that came out a few years back has an exclusivity license? In any event, I have the Tamashi, and I don?t think it could possibly be topped. That thing is solid and hefty.

I'm going to hold you to this.

I just feel like there has to be some communication between Sideshow and HT and we wouldn't be getting a Sideshow rehash if HT had anything remotely close. I also feel like Grievous is a ton of work to produce and right now HT seems both lazy and overwhelmed. HT hasn't even followed through on that CW Kenobi figure and he is a more popular character than Grievous and way easier to make. Even if HT decided today that they wanted to make a diecast Grievous he would probably be at least three years away. Perhaps I'll have a different inkling in 2025.

If it gives you hope I didn't think Sideshow would reissue a figure from about 2003 either but here we are.

Sooooo after watching S1 of Mando, I think I'm down for an Armorer figure! She's my fave from the show, and her voice is, um, very attractive.

Sooooo after watching S1 of Mando, I think I'm down for an Armorer figure! She's my fave from the show, and her voice is, um, very attractive.

I think we all are. I?m amazed HT haven?t made her..... even Figuarts have done an armourer figure. Fingers crossed she appears in S3.

I just feel like there has to be some communication between Sideshow and HT and we wouldn't be getting a Sideshow rehash if HT had anything remotely close. I also feel like Grievous is a ton of work to produce and right now HT seems both lazy and overwhelmed. HT hasn't even followed through on that CW Kenobi figure and he is a more popular character than Grievous and way easier to make. Even if HT decided today that they wanted to make a diecast Grievous he would probably be at least three years away. Perhaps I'll have a different inkling in 2025.

If it gives you hope I didn't think Sideshow would reissue a figure from about 2003 either but here we are.
Well, sideshow announced its ROTJ Luke at just about the same time HT announced theirs (perhaps even shortly afterwards).

2016-SDCC-Hot-Toys-Booth-Wednesday-017.jpg
DtOKtDQUwAA_fry__scaled_600.jpg

So close, yet so far.

Back