1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon Hot Toys and go into the High Republic books as we all need to have a Geode figure.
270b495079930b5b6d2a9271f3c4004e.jpg
97f47410b9dfa9ed7db123de258469e8.jpg

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Geode

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ, I thought this was a joke at first. That is utterly embarrassing.

Yeah I wanted the High Republic to be good but so far the main first hook and first 3 comic issues are very very meh

MY LIFE WITH ROCK

Coming this summer, from a Galaxy far far away, comes the heartbreaking tale of a sexy a-sexual and his love of a rock.

Starring Brie Larson as Leox Gyasi, and featuring an award-winning performance from Dwayne Johnson as Geode.

Directed by Rian Johnson

Kathleen Kennedy ''We finally discovered some source material''

Why the f do we need to know if a character is asexual.
Who cares ?

It really is identity politics selling a story

Who cares ?

It really is identity politics selling a story

The same reason we needed to know Lando was humping robots... no reason at all.

I like the bit about him (maybe) being addicted to spice. Is it the spice that causes his asexuality? ****ing hell this is laughably bad when you think about it. Even the bit about him being good-looking and romantic, yet asexual. They might as well have said he may be sexy but don't worry ladies he won't try sleeping with you.

We only need to know the sexual preference or lack thereof if it drives the story and is a defining characteristic of a character. Even then it’s not particularly necessary as long as its demonstrated. If Leox continually spurred advances from both genders or even aliens it could be insinuated he doesn’t have much desire. Including it in his bio does seem irrelevant. Of course I’m not sure what asexuality has to do with politics since it’s a preference of no preference like saying none of the above or being agnostic I would think. While it is a stretch to include it in his bio, I also think it’s a stretch to blame inclusivity on politics. /shrug

What is the target audience for these books? Is it a more for kids/YA or just generic fans because as someone from the OT era it sure doesn't have any appeal.

What is the target audience for these books? Is it a more for kids/YA or just generic fans because as someone from the OT era it sure doesn't have any appeal.

Asexuals and rocks.

Who cares ?

Other Ace people might care. I'm ace, but to me it reads like the type of thing somebody who is not Aspec would write (ie, making sure to mention his, uh.... "undeniable good looks" (pffft hahahaha :lol) but then saying he "identifies" as asexual rather than just saying he is. The wordage is weird and old-fashioned. Maybe it was just written by an old person, idk); like some kind of factoid you'd add to a DND character-build sheet.

C'mon Hot Toys and go into the High Republic books as we all need to have a Geode figure.
270b495079930b5b6d2a9271f3c4004e.jpg
97f47410b9dfa9ed7db123de258469e8.jpg

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Geode

MY LIFE WITH ROCK

Coming this summer, from a Galaxy far far away, comes the heartbreaking tale of a sexy a-sexual and his love of a rock.

Starring Brie Larson as Leox Gyasi, and featuring an award-winning performance from Dwayne Johnson as Geode.

Directed by Rian Johnson

Kathleen Kennedy ''We finally discovered some source material''

The same reason we needed to know Lando was humping robots... no reason at all.

I like the bit about him (maybe) being addicted to spice. Is it the spice that causes his asexuality? ****ing hell this is laughably bad when you think about it. Even the bit about him being good-looking and romantic, yet asexual. They might as well have said he may be sexy but don't worry ladies he won't try sleeping with you.

Asexuals and rocks.

Gold, absolute gold !

Other Ace people might care. I'm ace, but to me it reads like the type of thing somebody who is not Aspec would write (ie, making sure to mention his, uh.... "undeniable good looks" (pffft hahahaha :lol) but then saying he "identifies" as asexual rather than just saying he is. The wordage is weird and old-fashioned. Maybe it was just written by an old person, idk); like some kind of factoid you'd add to a DND character-build sheet.

It just feels awkward.
You won’t write Han Solos bio as Han identifies as male, loves the ladies and will nail anything he can, oh and he flies quite well

You might write lando’s like that .....����

Surely that’s the sort of thing that goes in the creators guide so writers know so they can be consistent with the character. As I type this I re-read your point and see that you also said this.....��

Various characters can have all sorts of traits, beliefs and sexual orientations but it doesn’t need to be the first thing we hear about them -

:lol yes

I guess we can just chalk it up to bad writing and move on? :offtopic:

Aside from rocks, what other figures would people like to see next? haha

I'd like them to get CW Obi-Wan and the 212th Clone Troopers done and dusted so we can move on to something else. Tons of other Clone Wars figures I'd like, it's just those are essential to complete the display with CW Anakin, Ahsoka, and Cody. I'm thinking a display of Rex plus a 501st and a 332nd on the left, CW Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan in the middle, and Cody with 2 x 212th (or 1 x 212th and 1 x Airborne) on the right.

Back