1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like them to get CW Obi-Wan and the 212th Clone Troopers done and dusted so we can move on to something else. Tons of other Clone Wars figures I'd like, it's just those are essential to complete the display with CW Anakin, Ahsoka, and Cody. I'm thinking a display of Rex plus a 501st and a 332nd on the left, CW Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan in the middle, and Cody with 2 x 212th (or 1 x 212th and 1 x Airborne) on the right.

:exactly:, regardless of the outcome for CW Obiwan whether being made or not, I just want 212th clones to complete my set up along with Anakin/Ahsoka/Rex & 501st.

So hot toys can create pretty good representations of Wanda, vision, bo katan, monk fett and so on, with barely a few months lead time, yet we cannot get bespin han in 6 years?
There is a foul stench in Denmark.

I'd like them to get CW Obi-Wan and the 212th Clone Troopers done and dusted so we can move on to something else. Tons of other Clone Wars figures I'd like, it's just those are essential to complete the display with CW Anakin, Ahsoka, and Cody. I'm thinking a display of Rex plus a 501st and a 332nd on the left, CW Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan in the middle, and Cody with 2 x 212th (or 1 x 212th and 1 x Airborne) on the right.

Blows my mind that Kenobi hasn't gone up yet.

Anakin in armor sold pretty well at start but they'd be looking at more sales if they offered both him and Kenobi at the same time.

So hot toys can create pretty good representations of Wanda, vision, bo katan, monk fett and so on, with barely a few months lead time, yet we cannot get bespin han in 6 years?
There is a foul stench in Denmark.

I wonder if that's more to do with Harrison Ford and the cost to use his likeness. Maybe it's prohibitively expensive.

I would love a lobot to go with lando and maybe an ugnaught.
Hell they could do mandalorian and esb fans a solid with that.

You got your wish, partly -- reissue of Deluxe R2 by Sideshow.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.38.45 AM.jpg

omg

I wonder if that's more to do with Harrison Ford and the cost to use his likeness. Maybe it's prohibitively expensive.

It may be similar to Robert Downey Jr.

Once his contract at Marvel was over, he wouldn't allow his likeness to be used for future products. Tamashii Nations/S.H.Figuarts is experiencing that.

C'mon Hot Toys and go into the High Republic books as we all need to have a Geode figure.
270b495079930b5b6d2a9271f3c4004e.jpg
97f47410b9dfa9ed7db123de258469e8.jpg

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Geode

When I first saw this character mentioned I honestly thought people were being sarcastic. WOW, NO they were not! This is all over FB and I have to say, the comments have been COMEDY GOLD.

Actually we need to have Sideshow make this, since they already have practice with the Han in carbonite figure: $200+ for an unmoving hunk of plastic. I just cannot with this stuff...! LMAO

Agreed. Maybe Ford has product control, but goldenrod is long overdue. My sideshow with backwards thumbs annoys me every time I look at it.

Would that be a hint that SS still has the license for 1/6 C3PO and E6 Vader? I mean I just don't get why HT still doesn't have a C3PO out.

I remember reading a Toyark article, years ago when Hot Toys first got the license, they literally said at the time that the Sideshow 3PO and R2 were good enough and didn't have plans to do them. Obviously that changed with R2 and they've proto'd 3PO, but I really think it'll take them doing an ESB version you can take apart or the Ep1 or Ep2 versions to finally make one. They did R2 different enough with his deluxe pack.

So, does anyone think HT will slip in a Star Wars release on Monday before Falcon & The Winter Soldier and JL: The Snyder Cut drop? I could go for Mando Luke right about now...

I know I will be in a minority here, but I could wait a while before another Mando or even Star Wars release.

Here me out, Marvel and DC are bound to have some figures go up in the next couple of weeks even if it ends up being just Sam and Bucky along with a black suit Supes you know is coming.

Luke I have no doubt will be on his way too, I just have a feeling that he will drop after Falcon & Winter Soldier finishes their run as it will only be 2 weeks until May 4th - assuming we get a couple of figures from the upcoming premiers that gives HT some breathing room from Marvel/DC assuming there may be final looks which are released the week after the show finishes.

Come May I would assume everyone will be in the Star Wars hype train especially with the release of The Bad Batch.

Or I may be wrong and we get a Star Wars release this week... though my money would be on that over teased Rogue One/Mandalorian regular Stormtrooper.

Really hope there's a still a few PT figures coming this year. Mace, Padme, Fives, Wolffe. Really want all of them.

I've given up hope for Bespin Han at this point.

I really want that Death Star trooper but I do think we need to see it mixed up a bit.

There’s really only a few I want now and some of them are pretty unlikely to be on the way.

I think hot toys will have a marvel phase again - they certainly seem to be releasing a lot of product-

I think some pt love would be nice so padme maybe?

I doubt it's that. Unless something has changed, the original cast had their likenesses included in the original contracts for the films. They sold that away long ago.

Once his contract at Marvel was over, he wouldn't allow his likeness to be used for future products. Tamashii Nations/S.H.Figuarts is experiencing that.
Really now? Do you have more details on this? It's the first I've heard of it. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Mk85 sculpt situation. I'd have imagined that their likenesses are all tied to their contracts and part of taking the role in the first place. RDJ gets what he wants though.

There's no way this is true. I'm sure they can't use his likeness for upcoming projects he isn't apart of, but if someone wants to re-visit the Infinity War line or something, I don't see how this would work. It's basically a requirement with Marvel Studios that the actors allow their likeness to be used on everything.

Back