1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, anyone think we could get an announcement in the coming hours. Either Star Wars related or from another licence?

A re-release of the HT Luke Jedi with new Mando-style hairpiece and baby Yoda is a 100% certainty within the next month or so. That to me is without a doubt the next HT release.

A re-release of the HT Luke Jedi with new Mando-style hairpiece and baby Yoda is a 100% certainty within the next month or so. That to me is without a doubt the next HT release.

I agree.
And HT usually tease on a Monday arvo OZ time...so hopefully in a few more hours.

HAS to be Jedi Luke from Mando.
I can't see it being anything else but him.

The only other HT announcement would be actual release of an Avengers figure.

What should be next? Well....
• Veers
• AT-ST driver
• Death Star trooper
• Rebel trooper ROTJ
• Han Solo ROTJ and ESB
• Boushh Leia
• [1-990] clone trooper
• Stormtrooper rerelease of ANH
• Bespin Luke
• Chewbacca ESB with 3PO
• Diecast C-3PO
• R2-D2

• Veers
• AT-ST driver
• Death Star trooper
• Rebel trooper ROTJ
• Han Solo ROTJ and ESB
• Boushh Leia
• [1-990] clone trooper
• Stormtrooper rerelease of ANH
• Bespin Luke
• Chewbacca ESB with 3PO
• Diecast C-3PO
• R2-D2

R2-D2 it's already available.

? Veers
? AT-ST driver
? Death Star trooper
? Rebel trooper ROTJ
? Han Solo ROTJ and ESB
? Boushh Leia
? [1-990] clone trooper
? Stormtrooper rerelease of ANH
? Bespin Luke
? Chewbacca ESB with 3PO
? Diecast C-3PO
? R2-D2

You are 100% correct that those should all be up for preorder, but if we get even one of those in all of 2021 for preorder we will be lucky. I would buy every one of those and probably multiples of a few. My guess is only bespin luke some time in the summer. I gave up on getting any figures of Ford. Something is up.

You are 100% correct that those should all be up for preorder, but if we get even one of those in all of 2021 for preorder we will be lucky. I would buy every one of those and probably multiples of a few. My guess is only bespin luke some time in the summer. I gave up on getting any figures of Ford. Something is up.

It's a little odd that they never revisited that DX05 Indiana Jones too. That one is screaming for a second try and they remade DX Jack Sparrow instead(which didn't really "need" a V2).

? Veers
? AT-ST driver
? Death Star trooper
? Rebel trooper ROTJ
? Han Solo ROTJ and ESB
? Boushh Leia
? [1-990] clone trooper
? Stormtrooper rerelease of ANH
? Bespin Luke
? Chewbacca ESB with 3PO
? Diecast C-3PO
? R2-D2

Not quite sure the AT-ST Driver and a Stormtrooper/R2 re-release deserve to be made over Mace Windu, Padme, and General Grievous tbh. Other than that I mostly agree with the list.

An easy release would be a Tantive IV Rebel Trooper.

Seen in ANH and Rogue One, throw in the fact that like the Stormies, they are army builder figures, they should be a no-brainer.

Price them well and people will buy multiples, swapping head sculpts just for variation.

I would love a General Veers and an Admiral Piett, too.

If Hot Toys hasn't made a Death Star Trooper they're not making a Rebel Fleet Trooper, and certainly not an AT-ST Driver. I just can't see us getting to the stage where Hot Toys uses generic headsculpts for troopers. Too expensive and difficult to army-build. For the OT I think TIE Fighter Pilots, Scout Troopers, and AT-AT Pilots are far more likely.

It's a little odd that they never revisited that DX05 Indiana Jones too. That one is screaming for a second try and they remade DX Jack Sparrow instead(which didn't really "need" a V2).

A proper Indiana Jones hot toys line would be epic. There is money to be made.

With how much Hot Toys loves making figures from the Empire, it's odd they haven't made General Veers yet.

I think Piett is a stronger chance since he was in Empire and Jedi. I like Veers a lot, but it's one of those jumbled things I forget when I rewatch the movies, we never see him again after Hoth.

I checked Wookiepedia and found this interesting:

There was potential for Veers to appear in the next movie, Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. In an early draft of the film's script, Veers was slated to return as the Commander of Endor's Garrison, personally leading the battle on the moon.[17] Robert Watts, co-producer of the movie, contacted Julian Glover to offer him the bit, but the actor was working on something else at the time and could not do it.[18]

He could've been in Jedi!

An easy release would be a Tantive IV Rebel Trooper.

Seen in ANH and Rogue One, throw in the fact that like the Stormies, they are army builder figures, they should be a no-brainer.

Price them well and people will buy multiples, swapping head sculpts just for variation.

I would love a General Veers and an Admiral Piett, too.

If Hot Toys hasn't made a Death Star Trooper they're not making a Rebel Fleet Trooper, and certainly not an AT-ST Driver. I just can't see us getting to the stage where Hot Toys uses generic headsculpts for troopers. Too expensive and difficult to army-build. For the OT I think TIE Fighter Pilots, Scout Troopers, and AT-AT Pilots are far more likely.

This right here, I highly highly doubt we'll ever get these unmasked Rebel or Imperial troops from Hot Toys. The way their prices have been going recently, the troops would be $260+. If the DST came with that control base thing he was shown with at the Con he'd be $300.

Piett for $250...?

On the shelf, he'd compete with Tarkin. I think I'd pass. At least Veers could have the helmet and chest piece to differentiate him.

I would like to see a genuine OT TIE Pilot also. Death Star Trooper and TIE pilot would really round out my ANH Imperial shelf.

Piett for $250...?

On the shelf, he'd compete with Tarkin. I think I'd pass. At least Veers could have the helmet and chest piece to differentiate him.

I would like to see a genuine OT TIE Pilot also. Death Star Trooper and TIE pilot would really round out my ANH Imperial shelf.

Yeah, as far as unhelmeted Imperials go, only Tarkin garners that kind of coin in my opinion. Plus, Sideshow did Piett and I don't think a lot of people would upgrade to the HT version. I know I'm happy with the Sideshow one...

I'd buy them all. But definitely Veers over Piett. Where's the Death Star Trooper? Where's Bren Derlin? Where's Wilrow Hood?

There is no way Sideshow could re-release their old SSC Rebel Fleet Trooper - while expensive on the secondary market, it's a very dated figure. The headsculpt obviously, but the outfit has that "big stitches/thick folds" simplistic look that really is miles behind the sharply tailored 1/6 outfits of today (SSC and HT.) The helmet, boots and blaster are about the only things that hold up today.

And re Julian Glover, he actually had some pretty major roles after ESB - as villains in Bond and Indy obviously, but also other strong supporting roles all the way up to today with GOT. Not a known star, but a significant cameo/supporting actor.

But wow, I love how people are thinking but I seriously doubt HT would ever make stuff like ATST driver or even Veers, as much as I'd love-love it. It just seems like we are in an era of "if (insert OT character/outfit) isn't in (insert current SW TV show) then it won't be made." So we get "OT faves" like Jawa (the fig's eye color was no mistake,) Scout trooper + bike and Tusken because of Mando.

To me the only "true OT" we'll get in the next year or two are big ticket centerpiece items like Han Bespin (Luke Snowspeeder....) We're in a different era now - something HT has always salivated over: constant new SW entertainment that takes in the OT but is new, like these TV shows. It was great to see some love for the ESB anniversary (gives me hope for ROTJ,) but it really didn't go deep at all.

They delved into the OT during the ST because they sensed the pushback against the ST figure-wise pretty quickly. In the era of the adored Mando and the toilet-roll list of new SW shows that isn't necessary. I'd love to think I'm wrong.:pray:

I agree, it's unlikely we'll see a lot of the secondary or tertiary characters done any time soon, if ever.

When I think just off the top of my head of how many figures they could do, the release schedule would stretch out for decades with the number of figures they do per year and with new shows and movies constantly on the way.

This is kind of a wishlist but I kept it to things that seem a bit more feasible, which includes some big omissions like all the Hans. Some things are far more likely than others but I included them anyway.

I have a feeling Hot Toys has somewhat kept to what they said several years ago that they may not necessarily re-do everything Sideshow has done if the Sideshow version holds up well enough.

OT
Han Solo (Bespin)
Han Solo (Endor)
Leia (Boushh)
Lando Calrissian (General)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
C-3PO
General Veers*
TIE Pilot
Scout Trooper
AT-AT Driver
Death Star Trooper* (RIP)
Rebel Fleet Trooper*
Greedo*
Bib Fortuna*
Gamorrean Guard*
Admiral Ackbar*
Nien Nunb*

PT
Padme Amidala (Episode II - Tatooine/Geonosis) (MIA)
Padme Amidala (Episode I - Queen)
Aayla Secura*
Palpatine (Chancellor)
Mace Windu
Plo Koon*
Kit Fisto* (MIA)
Commander Bly
Commander Gree
212th Trooper (MIA)
212th Airborne Trooper (MIA)
41st Scout Trooper
General Grievous
Battle Droid (MIA)
Nute Gunray**

The Mandalorian
Ahsoka Tano
Boba Fett (clean armor)
Fennec Shand
Koska Reeves
Axe Woves
The Armorer
Kuiil*
Greef Karga*
Stormtrooper (Rogue One style, clean or lightly weathered)

The Clone Wars
Ahsoka Tano (Season 3)*
Bo-Katan Kryze*
Mandalorian Loyalist*
Gar Saxon*
Mandalorian Super Commando*
ARC Trooper Jesse
Commander Fox*
Clone Trooper (Shiny)
Asajj Ventress*
Aurra Sing*

Rogue One
Cassian Andor
Baze Malbus* (MIA)
Chirrut Imwe* (Reissue in two-pack)
Saw Gerrera*
Edrio Two-Tubes**
Benthic Two-Tuebs**

Possible Releases
Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) - Ahsoka series
Grand Admiral Thrawn - future live action appearance
Cassian Andor - Andor series
Boba Fett (Clean Armor) - The Book of Boba fett
Fennec Shand - The Book of Boba Fett
Various Rebel/Imperial Pilots - Rogue Squadron

*Unlikely
**A Little Extra Unlikely

Last edited:
WHAT! No Two-Tubes under RO? Outrageous, sir!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? No Nute Gunray under PT? Star of all 3 films, murdered by Vader himself. Beyond outrageous, sir!

I bid you, good day.

Back