Newsletter out--Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-chair (1/6th Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
odd that i have no interest in this but can't wait for the holo chess set. probably because i always wanted to have a real one when i was a kid.

sebcanadaceo said:
I'm glad for those of you who like it but I have no interest in it.

When I started collecting SW sideshow stuff, I did so for the figures... I did not get in this to collect SW items like this or a chess set from the falcon... What is next, the table and chairs that Han and Greedo sat in???

I'm at least glad that we are getting a good Celebration IV exclusive item/figure because the comic con exclusive is a big time bust!

:emperor :maul

But would you rather see them pull a GG and release an important character or even secondary character as a con exclusive?

Memnoch21 said:
But would you rather see them pull a GG and release an important character or even secondary character as a con exclusive?

That's my point for people talking about how lame the exclusives are. These items are meant for those going in all honesty.

darthviper107 said:
Remember, they were going to have Kit Fisto as the SDCC exclusive last year.

Right and changed their mind because they didn't want to piss people off.

You know, I wonder if their plans for the line were changed by the huge response it's gotten. At first with the first few figures it went rather slow and it wasn't really popular, but later on when it got extremely popular things changed, like the SDCC exclusive for instance. I wonder if we would have more main characters now if it weren't for the success of the line and how pretty much every character is being sold out no matter how important they were.

I def. think thats the point of the line and right now that is why the SDCC isn't a new figure. SS probably thinks (and rightly) that the line is huge and why should they alienate the base because they make a unique Con only figure when a chunk of their average collectors won't be there? This also explains the large edition sizes, so even the non Con goer can get the figure and there isn't a repeat of the "Hellboy" figure. This expansion of the line is a double edged sword, it allows them to offer up unique items that haven't been done before but at the same time you have people that ONLY want main characters. I think had the line not exploded we would see a quicker pace and more main characters.

Memnoch21 said:

Actually, I would because I know for 100% sure I'd be able to get it via the non-attende priority pre-order.

And what about Celabration IV... Not everyone can attend that either, I can't. Yet the exclusive for that is a new figure... Works for me!

:maul :emperor

To me Yavin Luke isn't something essential, just like the Walker isnt essential. What figure though would you have liked to see as the exclusive? Brand spanking new ala Luke that might take something else off the slate? Rehash like Vader for SDCC last year? It's not pretty however you look at it. I'm actually much more glad it ISNT a figure because this should be easier for me to get into my luggage safe and secure :rotfl if it were a figure Id be too concerned about how well I secured it and would probably pack my clothes around it (not like I wont be doing this anyway).

I dunno, lack of sleep is making me ramble, but it seems most people that weren't/aren't happy with this wanted some awesome figure but it just is not going to happen at Cons anymore, at least not with Star Wars. No main or iconic character will be a Con exclusive. There will be no OMG I must have that figure exclusives. Like Luke, is it a nice figure? Sure! Could I take it or leave it? In theory, sure! Just be glad this line is getting attention... unlike a certain hairy footed step child line that has seen four releases and little news on anything comming up.

sebcanadaceo said:
Actually, I would because I know for 100% sure I'd be able to get it via the non-attende priority pre-order.

And what about Celabration IV... Not everyone can attend that either, I can't. Yet the exclusive for that is a new figure... Works for me!

I don't think you can guarantee that you'd get one even with the way SS does it. Especially if every MAJOR POPULAR character ends up being a Con exclusive. I'd say your chances are maybe 50%.

jlcmsu said:
I don't think you can guarantee that you'd get one even with the way SS does it. Especially if every MAJOR POPULAR character ends up being a Con exclusive. I'd say your chances are maybe 50%.

I garante that worst case scenario, my chances would be 99.9%!

It just dawned on me that the holographic Sidious on the walking chair is from the scene where he says, "Wipe them out, all of them." That's his most iconic moment from TPM and makes this announcement a little less random.

Amanaman said:
I'd rather have a remote control B'omarr Monk.

BT-16_Perimeter_Defence_Droid.jpg

Remote control or not, I hope they do this guy!

Back