New Weequay 1/6th head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks you, you got it from me. I got two and I only did one custom so I sold the other one. I'll post pic of his brother tonight when I get home. Did you ever finish your Weequay?

Also just a thought for you guys needing the hands still - if you want weequay hands like in this pic:

012_Thrown_Weequay.jpg

just get some bith hands from a parts site and paint them brown - they may have the special connectors on them but I snipped the length down and they fit a TT body perfectly, would also fit an ssc body with some tape wrapped around the peg. They're like $2 each or something and closely match the rubber hands used on weequay

Thanks you, you got it from me. I got two and I only did one custom so I sold the other one. I'll post pic of his brother tonight when I get home. Did you ever finish your Weequay?

I never did! I was really busy making troops for a while then my work schedule got manic. But now I'm working on Weequay, Bom Vimdin, Ohwun De Maal and Ephant Mon. Going Chakaman style and working on a bunch of stuff.

I used some of the Twisting Toys hands... they are kind of knobby looking so I thought they worked well enough.

Those TT bodies sure do look nice. They look much more realistic and natural when posed. Sure wish I could afford to upgrade some of my customs.

I never did! I was really busy making troops for a while then my work schedule got manic. But now I'm working on Weequay, Bom Vimdin, Ohwun De Maal and Ephant Mon. Going Chakaman style and working on a bunch of stuff.

Sounds cool, I cannot wait to see some pics!! :)

Here are those hands I made for Wee. I still have to spray some matte finish on them just have to wait till tomorrow.

hands.jpg

101_1867.jpg

101_1872.jpg

101_1874.jpg

101_1882.jpg

Hmmm... those do look nice. Any chance you made or casts of the hands? I'm guessing SW reused a lot of hands as these were the same ones I used on my Pruneface custom :lol

Here's a pic of mine... like I said I used the Twisting Toys hands which are kind of knobby but don't have the cool pointed finger tips :monkey2

bbw-1.jpg

What's funny is that a few of those prequel jedi seemed to have the exact same hands (despite being diff species - Mundi and the two dudes on the right.)

Jedi_masters1.jpg

I seem to recall looking at ROTJ ages ago and Weeq's hands look thicker and seemed to have short claws more than those hands in the exhibit do. Is that pic from pre-prequel era? Wonder if the hands were too deteriorated and they stuck on generic Prequel jedi hands! Have to go back and have another look.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested I have a fully painted with rooted hair version of his head. I believe it is the second edition as I purchased it about one year ago. Luckily I got him to refund my money early for hands and weapons unlike many others. I don't plan to ever finish it. PM me if interested

Thanks to bobamike this is the mock up of mine atm! - head needs painting darker and neck shortening to be in proportion with the body, hands need painting and the outfit weathered up and sand beaten with the stormtrooper belt looking more scavenged, but hopefully its starting to look like the henchman jabba never had :lol

DSCF2876.jpg

All these figs look cool.

I have the old sculpt, well at least i think it's the old sculpt, of this and I'm currently putting bits and pieces together to make a custom figure.

It won't be based on a character but more my interpretation.

Mostly to do with the fact that I couldn't possibly put the outfit to get her like Vivisect did.

Such a shame Bills not around anymore.

Anyway, I was just wondering what kind of hair people used to make the braids?

Thanks,

Jay.

Thanks to bobamike this is the mock up of mine atm! - head needs painting darker and neck shortening to be in proportion with the body, hands need painting and the outfit weathered up and sand beaten with the stormtrooper belt looking more scavenged, but hopefully its starting to look like the henchman jabba never had :lol

DSCF2876.jpg

Hi Mort,

Are these just Bith hands?

Also did you make the arm bracers?

Sweet figure by the way.

Theyre' SSC Zartan bracers, think there may be some left on TA. The hands are just the ssc bith hands, with the special peg shortened to approx the length of a hot toys wrist peg. It is a bit hit and miss though, on 1 body another fig is on, they fit perfectly just like a TT hand peg, on this body now which is also a tt slim, 1 hand just falls out so I taped around the peg and did the super glue tightening on it and its just as normal now.

Add 1 more to the barge! finally done

IMG_0017.jpg

My braids are just thread woven around itself and dunked in paint and glue, works for this guy but if I had another I'd try and use a hairier looking thing for variation.

Found the eyes pretty hard even though they're just black! first it was too black, then too gloss, then too matt, then too light :(

I didn't want to do human eyes like the behind the scenes mask shots, wanted the mesh eyed on screen look so he is beady

More pics in my thread if interested (bit dark for pics atm, new to camera and don't want to dive into the aperture/iso settings yet lol)

edit: theres a range of headsculpt painting techniques in this thread which are interesting, mine was like painting a rock - preshade with tamiya buff as I didn't want the recesses to be the darkest part, the mask looks latexy/sandy in some of those cracks, then went over with a dark brown leaving undercoat highlights, gently sand with 2000 sandpaper on parts, add pastels and tamiya weathering kit 'sand', 'dark green' and 'dark blue', was psyching myself up for ages but it only took about 5minutes!

Last edited:
Back