New Voltron Force cartoon in the spring

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmoredFoe

Kill or be Killed
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has heard about this. Looks to be hitting this spring and from talking with others, they plan on doing some Vehicle Voltron stuff also. Looks like its going for that new art style, kinda reminds me of the new thundercats.

243810218_0.jpg

Voltron-Force-500x487.jpg

Yeah I agree Pitu, I mean looking at that new Black lion, im looking foward to seeing the toys.

Well I got the lion photo from CollectionDX.com and they said apparently it came from a twitter post. So it sounds like they'll keep people updated.

One, plus one, plus one, plus one, plus one...

Okay, I'm interested and will definitely give it a try. If that is the design of all of the Lions then I'm in.

Wohoo!!
Man, this is crazy!! It's like the 80's all over again!! :rock!!
We got MOTU, Thundercats and now Voltron!!
Bring it on!!
Very slick design, I like it... I hope the cartoon doesn't suck :lol

I'm looking forward to this too.

I got the 25th anniversary Toynami Voltron. Hopefully this new voltron toys (if coming out) aren't looking too weird bcoz of transformation.

I got the 25th anniversary Toynami Voltron. Hopefully this new voltron toys (if coming out) aren't looking too weird bcoz of transformation.

Yeah they did a really good job on the Toynami Voltron, i wish they did a Vehicle Voltron to go with it and not the vinyl they recently released.

Lets hope whoever does the toys for this do them justice. Id love to get me another more modern version of the lions.

17509d1300894068-voltron-force-concept-art-1lionconcept2.jpg

17510d1300894068-voltron-force-concept-art-1lionconcept3.jpg

17511d1300894068-voltron-force-concept-art-1lionconcept4.jpg

17512d1300894068-voltron-force-concept-art-1lionconcept5.jpg

17520d1300894125-voltron-force-concept-art-1voltronforceconcept7.jpg

Looks like they finally released the rest of the lion concepts. I like the new look of the lions, very stylized.

Heres what the article said:

World Events Productions, which owns Voltron, and Classic Media are producing a new animated series called Voltron Force which will debut on Nicktoons in 2011. Voltron Force will follow a group of new recruits as they battle alongside the original group of heroes. The show will consist of 2D and CGI animation.

"I am thrilled to partner with Classic Media as we introduce Voltron to a new generation of fans," said Ted Koplar, president of WEP. "Classic Media's exceptional brand management capability will play an integral role in the highly-anticipated relaunch of this classic property. Voltron's legacy of innovative and iconic toys is in great hands with Mattel, whose vision promises to re-imagine and re-invigorate Voltron toys like never before."

Same here, got the 25th ani version for $85 and it is really nice.

I'm really digging these new designs and the various detailing within each of them.

Yeah Im really looking forward to the toys of these guys. Its going to be interesting to see what Mattel puts out. I to think the details and subtle differences between each lion are going to make great toys especially if someone decides to do a high end version like the toynami version.

Oh man. I remember watching Voltron on Saturday mornings in the early 2000's. It was that gimmicky "Stealth Voltron" version though.

The designs for the lions are pretty awesome in this new show. The toys should be good too as long as Bandai doesn't get the license.

Back