New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts of that do look paper thin, probably why it broke.

I too would be devastated by their response but maybe they genuinely don't have any replacement bases :huh
If they're all that thinly cast there may of been many damaged pieces.

I guess all the scenery and gravestone is what's making it heavy, cause I could've sworn it was heavy when I removed mine from the styrofoam.

Having had to take a hammer to it this morninig, the lower part of the base is completely solid. Everything (including gravestones) on the top portion is hollow. I could barely dent the lower portion. Wound up chipping at it.

Having had to take a hammer to it this morninig, the lower part of the base is completely solid. Everything (including gravestones) on the top portion is hollow. I could barely dent the lower portion. Wound up chipping at it.

Well then that's good to know cause people were starting to think it was all hollow probably like the WW. Did SS di-rect you to go ahead and do a Thor number to it. So it means they will send you a replacement now. Seriously, the rep that told you to fix it must not be all there. You couldn't fix it even if you wanted to, cause of all the tiny broken pieces. Polystone is not like gluing a plastic model together. I hope they give you a new base cause you don't want to miss out on this baby. This is the best-looking female statue I got thus far in my collection. But, I got a feeling the Supergirl will beat her in looks. :lol:lol:lol

Yeah, if they manage to make all those changes I will definitely buy her.

The whole idea of a prototype is for them to make improvements and they definitely heard all the complaints from the forums. My only real complaint was that sissy little smile when she's supposed to be flying with a fierce, determined expression. She's not supposed to be going to a tea party with Batgirl and WW, she's supposed be preparing herself for a battle. :lol:lol

They asked you to 'break it a bit more' before issuing a refund?

Yeah...thankfully most of my work was already done for me. Sucked because only the base was messed up, everything else came perfect. Its now in about 2k pieces on a trashbag waiting for confirmation of my refund.

Yeah...thankfully most of my work was already done for me. Sucked because only the base was messed up, everything else came perfect. Its now in about 2k pieces on a trashbag waiting for confirmation of my refund.
That is such a ridiculous policy. Your other pieces would have made good parts for someone else that needed them at least.

That is such a ridiculous policy. Your other pieces would have made good parts for someone else that needed them at least.

Yeah, it makes little sense. Perhaps they don't have facilities to store/refurbish the returned product, and they don't want purchasers to game their return policy and use the figures for conversions, etc. I would think the good will they earn by being a little flexible would offset that, but that's just me.

I don't think TBolt lives in the US so it might cost them more to get it shipped back. If I lived overseas, I wouldn't buy anything cause I can see it's a hassle I wouldn't want to deal with.

I don't think TBolt lives in the US so it might cost them more to get it shipped back. If I lived overseas, I wouldn't buy anything cause I can see it's a hassle I wouldn't want to deal with.

True, I hadn't considered that.
Brother, I really wouldn't mess with Sideshow directly either if I was overseas. They probably feel the same way about it as I do about XM.

Buying locally used to be cheaper but not anymore. Local AD prices have shot up this year.
May as well buy direct, get rewards points, get the Ex and get it quicker for around the same cost.

I don't want to go off-topic here but did you guys see the new red Sonja that they sent out as a preview in a SS email yesterday. She's coming soon. You know they got that right cause it doesn't look like any changes were made. Her face and body are amazing.

Back