New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm...

so I actually started playing with the display options on my 360, and after changing the display reference levels to Expanded, I noticed a huge difference in the game's image quality. It basically looks just like the PS3 version now. The textures are sharp and contrast is very high, and the game doesnt look muddy.

It kind of makes me angry that I didn't change these settings years ago. I'm going to have to play a few older 360 games that didn't wow me and see if there's a jump in picture quality... :slap

Oh hell did the glitch stay with a reload?

The only glitches ive had in this game were when i fell behind a door with a relic in yhe mountain village that you are supposed to pull off with rope arrow and the second was right after the radio tower where you get the firestarter, the whole area was gone so all you could see was the sky texture.a reload fixed that. Oh and my game freezes in multiplayer

Yes it did. BUT I did manage to use the other glitch and fell through the door. I'm surprised this hasn't been patched yet!

Just finished it today, and got all the single player achievements to boot!

Love this game!

This happened to me. Do what you just did and use the rope thing on the crane, walk over to the door on the floor of the boat and keep walking tiny paces on the right side edge of the door, about half way up the length of the door. Eventually you will fall through. Took me ages to find the right spot but persistence pays off. Annoying glitch and should be patched as its quite common.

Oh god, that glitch was annoying. I just got past that after looking up the solution

I S$*t you not....my brother looks exactly like that angry joe guy....They could be twins...
tacky Christmas Party
15754_232746615843_3518214_n_zps4f0ce5e5.jpg

l_zps334e42b8.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm...

so I actually started playing with the display options on my 360, and after changing the display reference levels to Expanded, I noticed a huge difference in the game's image quality. It basically looks just like the PS3 version now. The textures are sharp and contrast is very high, and the game doesnt look muddy.

It kind of makes me angry that I didn't change these settings years ago. I'm going to have to play a few older 360 games that didn't wow me and see if there's a jump in picture quality... :slap

See I have a fairly new HD tv, but when I change the settings to expanded, the image looks really dark.......what kind of tv do you have?

I have a 6 year old pioneer plasma, and yes, the image does come out dark (initially). I tested it out with some other games, and overall, theres a sharp jump in black levels. When you adjust the brightness settings in the game (if the game offers them), then the image will look much better. For Tomb Raider, i upped the in game brightness from 50 up to 66.

Yeah, i admit its a hassle, but i think its worth it. Definitely helps for Tomb Raider. I also tried it for Halo 4, starting it on standard and then switching to expanded (i didnt have to change the brightness settings). I was never impressed with the graphics on my first playthrough, but after switching to expanded, everything looked clearer and more vivid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for that; spent part of the morning messing with my settings, but in the end, left it on standard...did increase my overall brightness, so a game like Gears 3 looks nice

Really having a lot of fun with this game. Did a marathon on Saturday...before I knew it, it was 5am! :horror I'm at about 60% right now and loving every minute of it.

I've only experienced one glitch.....a floating flashlight. :lol

A SURVIVOUR IS BORN !

Just finished the game 100%
DSC_0062.jpg

This is one of the best adventure video game I have ever played.
WOW !! what an experience that was.
BLOWN AWAY !

I will have my review up on thursday.

WOW still BLOWN AWAY.

I enjoyed it too. There is sometime a little bit of John McClane (Lara takes so much hits :D) and Max Payne (with the number of ennemies).

There is no one on the multiplayer though.

Some screenshots:

for PC users the patch came out today to fix some of the issues with nvidia cards.

Thanks god I dint see anything wrong with my game. it was a perfect experience for me.

Indeed, played in Ultra :) (no TressFX because her hair tends to go through her body... which is weird ; and the ponytail looks better "in one piece").

Back