New TMNT movie by Seth Rogan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1690491976470.png

Most of the jokes in the trailers don't land for me, but the animation and visual style look great. Hope there's more to the movie than that, though.

Most of the jokes in the trailers don't land for me, but the animation and visual style look great. Hope there's more to the movie than that, though.
This could be in a weird place of being a Gen X/Millenial franchise, but it has Gen Alpha humour and dialogue. It's clearly aimed at grabbing a new generation of fans, but will the 2020's teenager dialogue go down well with us older farts?

This could be in a weird place of being a Gen X/Millenial franchise, but it has Gen Alpha humour and dialogue. It's clearly aimed at grabbing a new generation of fans, but will the 2020's teenager dialogue go down well with us older farts?
I thought Spider-Verse had some trendy writing (which hit very well for me), but yeah, it was very much millennial compared to... whatever this is. I'm not actually sure where the jokes are? Like I'm hearing dialogue delivered with lots of enthusiasm, but it's the kind of stuff anyone on YouTube can come up with. Doesn't feel like it was "written" per se. And I don't mean that in a flattering way, natural isn't always good.

I thought Spider-Verse had some trendy writing (which hit very well for me), but yeah, it was very much millennial compared to... whatever this is. I'm not actually sure where the jokes are? Like I'm hearing dialogue delivered with lots of enthusiasm, but it's the kind of stuff anyone on YouTube can come up with. Doesn't feel like it was "written" per se. And I don't mean that in a flattering way, natural isn't always good.
I watched a bts with the cast and the kids would say slang that the director had no clue about, they explained what it would mean and he'd leave it in to keep the dialogue authentically teenage, so some of the dialogue might suck.

I watched a bts with the cast and the kids would say slang that the director had no clue about, they explained what it would mean and he'd leave it in to keep the dialogue authentically teenage, so some of the dialogue might suck.
Hrmm. I'd buy improv from seasoned actors, but it doesn't sound like this is the case...

The toys are selling very well. Honestly ever since nick took the franchise I haven’t really trusted them so I’m optimistic about this movie. But it’s getting a huge media push and the toys are selling great as I said so it may be the surprise hit of the summer

They will probably make Donatello gay because tinky minky was purple.

This is as much as thought they give when they are turning a character gay. :lol

Last edited:
Color me surprised but this was a great movie. I’m a huge turtle fan and I actually enjoyed a lot of it and the tone was great. Nothing was cringe and it was a nicely animated movie. I’ll put it below 1990 of course but it’s a pretty good movie

Back