New Thundercats Toys from Bandai!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reviewed Mumm-Ra last night - haven't seen the new Lion-O, so can't comment. Remember - Bandai isn't trying to match up the scale with the MOTUC, they're trying to match up the scale with their modern 6" line. At least I hope that's what they are trying to do.

Review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Nah, they are trying to make more money by being cheap... it's what they're doing!!
:lol!!

Great review!

Love this one:

review_tcatsmum_8.jpg

Advance warning Michael. Mum-ra is a bit bigger than lion-o.
On the up side, the 8inch figures are NOT CANCELED. Cheetara is next.

Advance warning Michael. Mum-ra is a bit bigger than lion-o.
On the up side, the 8inch figures are NOT CANCELED. Cheetara is next.

Has Cheetara even been confirmed? All I ever heard was something along the lines of "Fear not 8inch fans, we're not abandoning the scale completely. Our next figure will still be released, in a very limited quantity, and she's sure to be a fan favorite..."

That tells me nothing until I see a reveal of her figure, which still even means she could be cancelled before getting to the packaging promo phase :(

Has Cheetara even been confirmed? All I ever heard was something along the lines of "Fear not 8inch fans, we're not abandoning the scale completely. Our next figure will still be released, in a very limited quantity, and she's sure to be a fan favorite..."

That tells me nothing until I see a reveal of her figure, which still even means she could be cancelled before getting to the packaging promo phase :(

Beyond that comment, no. But until I hear otherwise, Bandai has said the 8 inch line will continue.

My expectations are fairly simple. Given what was said, I think the only way the 8 inch figures are going to stick around are as SDCC exclusives.
Lets wait and see, but I'll wager that's EXACTLY the plan.

I like the size of the first ones. So did this happen because the cry babies had a fit that they were taller compared to their other dollies?(mainly motu crybabies)

Granted its only two figures, but still sucks.

I liked the 8" size becauce they were close to the originals size, it didn't bother me a bit that they were taller than MOTUC.

the new armor of omens is starting to come out. pixeldan did a review of his earlier. looks pretty good, but that golden lion-o look trashy.

Yeah I seen the new classics Mummra and the Golden Armor Lion-O at walmart yesterday. I actually passed on Mummra just because I didnt have the money on me and figured with as many as i seen I'll find him again. It really made me laugh because now that Christmas has passed the toy shelves looked so dead. Just stuff scattered about and shuffled around like they were just trying to make it look full.

I gave the two GIANT toys to my daughter. Im not buying a new size(that look like crap) or paying more for exclusives to continue the line for one more release, (if it ever happens).

Ill stick with all my old ones.

Saw a TV show about some dealer that went to Florida and talked one of the original Thundercats designers into letting him sell his prototype Mad Bubble at a New York show. He was asking $20,000 for it if I remember right. It didn’t sell.

He got $17,000 for a vintage Boba Fett with the shooting missile that some guy took out of the Kenner plant and traded for $10 worth of baseball cards over 20 years ago.

Well, well...
seems like Bandai is done with Thundercats...
Nothing new during Toyfair... and very unresponsive according to Pixel Dan...

Bandai ThunderCats Images form Toy Fair 2012. Where does the line stand?

Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM CST
Contributed by: Pixel Dan

https://popculturenetwork.com/mediagallery/album.php?aid=1306

The album above will take you to images of Bandai's ThunderCats display from Toy Fair 2012. But fair warning: you aren't going to see anything you haven't already seen. 90% of the items they showed off are already in stores and collectors' hands. This is a bit strange considering Toy Fair is the biggest toy event of the year, where toy companies come to basically show retailers and potential buyers what products they will have to offer for the year.

When we asked Bandai what their plans were after what they had on display, the only response was "we have nothing to comment on at this time." When asked if the Classics line will stay in 6" scale, and if there was a possibility of any more 8" Classics figures, the only response was again "we have nothing at this time."

Also, when asked about the unpainted joints on the 6" and 8" figures, the response from Bandai was that they are aware this is a common complaint, but it costs tooling dollars to make changes like this, and they do not have any changes planned at this time.

So, what does this mean for ThunderCats? Honestly, we're not sure. We don't want to jump to any conclusions, but we will tell you that the general consensus from everyone at the show is that there may be some troubles ahead for this line.

Now, it's of course possible that with the ThunderCats cartoon still on hiatus, maybe Bandai was holding back product as to not spoil any plot points. But then again, this show is mostly meant to sell retailers on picking up their product. So, time will tell. Let's all just keep out fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Back