New Star Wars Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather get a Tatooine/Bespin Han set, followed later by a Tatooine/ROTJ Luke. Cover the waterfront as fast as possible. They can do ANH/Hoth Leia as a set and the main heroes could be completed in a few years.

I have faith that SSC could do Hoth Han & Luke. I don't care who does them, but if I got them without PERS, I'd be very happy.

It would be great if it was the Bespin Han/Carbonite Han combo since I missed out on Sideshow's Carbonite Han. But it would be a little bit of a let-down since the Luke DX gets you two full figures, bodies and all.

I'm gonna go all out and hope it's a Bespin/Hoth Han plus the Carbonite Han! The Carbonite Han will be the equivalent of the weather vane for Luke.

How about a Han/Luke Hoth set?

If they did a ROTS Obi-wan set with a Mustafar battle version to match a ROTS Anakin Jedi/Sith set, I'd be interested in prequel figures. I'd also take an AOTC Kenobi/Skywalker set (and if they did I'd want HT to make Dooku). Then a Qui-gon/Obi-wan set with Maul.

That damn Unleashed set dragged me 13 figures into that line, and I won't say how much I paid for Yoda or Mace Windu.

:acme

No way I could resist a Hot Toys set.

It would be great if it was the Bespin Han/Carbonite Han combo since I missed out on Sideshow's Carbonite Han. But it would be a little bit of a let-down since the Luke DX gets you two full figures, bodies and all.

I'm gonna go all out and hope it's a Bespin/Hoth Han plus the Carbonite Han! The Carbonite Han will be the equivalent of the weather vane for Luke.

An updated Han in Carbonite with lights is way more involved than the weather vane prop. SSC's original was $200.00 when it came out years ago. I think it'd be better as a standalone HT release. Hopefully it's already on their schedule at some point as I imagine there's quite a few others like us that missed out on the first one.

Last edited:
Sideshow's included the wall which was fairly sizeable. So if you take that out of the equation, I think just the carbonite slab and the weather vane can kinda be considered the same. I'll give you that the Carbonite requires another unique Han sculpt, though.

An updated Han in Carbonite with lights is way more involved than the weather vane prop. SSC's original was $200.00 when it came out years ago. I think it'd be better as a standalone HT release. Hopefully it's already on their schedule at some point as I imagine there's quite a few others like us that missed out on the first one.

The Fertility Idol Pedestal was also quite expensive (not to mention it required you to purchase Belloq) but HT managed to include one with the Indiana Jones DX figure.

Admittedly, SS' was better though.

I could easily see a Bespin Han with Carbonite block included together for $300.00.

Or....

This is a long shot....

The extra could be the cloud city torture rack.

Sideshow's included the wall which was fairly sizeable. So if you take that out of the equation, I think just the carbonite slab and the weather vane can kinda be considered the same. I'll give you that the Carbonite requires another unique Han sculpt, though.

Think you're underestimating the complexity of re-issuing the slab (ideally I'd like it to be a 1:6 version of SSC's just released PF with the same lighting options), personally, but we'll see what they do. Given it's a sure hit with collectors, I'd be really surprised if HT doesn't have plans to re-issue it at some point.

Or....

This is a long shot....

The extra could be the cloud city torture rack.

Hadn't thought of that. That would be a pretty cool pack-in and wouldn't require the same amount of detail that Han in carbonite would, I'm thinking.

Last edited:
HT Anakin would be a must buy for me. So I'm glad he's going to be on the horizon soon.

No offense but I believe any HT figure that is not a trooper would have a higher sculpt and better detals than all the current 1/6 released by Sideshow. I mean look at this Luke and compare with almost all the other Sideshow figures that have come out in 1/6 and that are not troopers.
The best that sideshow have given us in this format -in my opinion- are the troopers. I hope sideshow can step it up and deliver an actual accurate, good quality spot on figure that doesnt wear a helmet, if you know what I mean and make the outfits a little bit more stylish. Oterhwise Im happy with buying HT jedi/sith and Sideshow Mandalorians (helmets) and troopers. lol.

Back