New Star Wars DVD Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy the PT in Blu-ray, but I don't think it would be worth my money to get the OT in Blu-ray.

I would buy the PT in Blu-ray, but I don't think it would be worth my money to get the OT in Blu-ray.

Lotta old films can look good in Blu-ray superman the movie for example looks great. (and lucas and co. will make it look just fine)

If there is a noticeable difference, I would probably ask for the set as a gift. I just didn't think that older movies would gain much from a Blu-ray/hi-def transfer.

If there is a noticeable difference, I would probably ask for the set as a gift. I just didn't think that older movies would gain much from a Blu-ray/hi-def transfer.

As long as the film used is the same resolution in old and new, it should make no difference when it is transferred.

Close Encounters looks great on Blu Ray. It depends on who's doing the transfer, I have Terminator and T2 and they look about the same as my DVD copies, but if a studio like Lucasfilm and Lowry Digital team up, you can bet the image will look like it was made yesterday.
A lot of studios are guilty of just porting the DVD version and gives Blu Ray and Hi Def in general a bad name because people don't see the difference. Same as when DVD was first introduced.

...What's the Emperor's worm?

In ROTJ there is a smudge on his hood rim (next to his face) - Some fans refer to it as the worm. I would also like all those pesky mattes removed from the Speederbike & tie fighter scenes. Not to mention the blacks are very grainy in the final battle scenes.

We're callin you out G-Lucas clean it up & leave it alone - Blue Ray or No Way!

To those accusing The Maker of profiteering, remember his original intention was to skip DVD and go straight to HD format - but the fans didn't wanna wait that long.

I am glad I was around to see it that way.

Oh, I saw it at the Coronet in SF about a week after it 1st came out. Very cool seeing it on a giant screen in the pre spoiler days. Hadn't seen a trailer, only had heard radio ads, we had no idea what to expect. Got there a couple hours early, we were still a block and a half back in line.

Anyhow, I wouldn't mind seeing it AGAIN at place like ArcLight or the Chinese.

I wonder if the deleted Biggs scenes will be included and cleaned up. That would pretty much be the only thing that could make me buy them since it's not Blu-ray.

Back