New Star Wars DVD Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe Lucasfilms doing this YET again! I have whats called a Star Wars illness, and even though right now I say "Hell no! Waiting for Blu Ray!", I know when they come out I'll magically find myself at a Circuit City or Best Buy and pick them up. Seriously, I know it's stupid and no logic around it. Feel like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory with Catcher in the Rye, has to pick up every copy he sees. Damn you Uncle George, damn you to hell!:duh:duh:duh:banghead:banghead

Why is everyone so surprised? "LFL" has been synonymous with "Market Saturation" since the very begining. :lecture

I never understood why George Lucas was always proclaiming his love affair with technology yet he is always the last in line for any new video format.

I'm done with those.

I bought the 2004 Boxset and later the individual SE releases with the theatrical versions on them.
I watched those theatrical versions and I was happy, but the image wasn't remastered either

To get back on topic. Blu Ray or die!!! :gun

bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg

Ditto that! We deserve Star Wars in High Definition C'mon George, let's stop this dvd thing! May the Bluray be with all of US!!!

Why is everyone so surprised? "LFL" has been synonymous with "Market Saturation" since the very begining. :lecture

Thats why I was surprised to see the original Clone Wars DVD's selling for so much on ebay. I just sold mine for $60 and I'll just get get them again for cheap when they are released.

Blu-Ray or No way.

I hate having to buy movies in duplicate or even triplicate to get all the extras.
Which often I don't have time to watch, or turn out to be not as interesting as expected anyway.

If there's a significant increase in quality, like HD format, I'll consider buying some movies again if I like them enough. Star Wars is on that list.

Yeah, lets all run out buy them again and then wait for them to come out in 3D at the cinema and then wait until 3D versions are available in shops and buy them again

Pass on the new DVDs. Ya know what would REALLY make me drool? Pre SE OT in a theater! I was pretty stoked in '98 UNTIL I saw that they had messed with the movies. A restoration of the 1970s Star Wars (not Epi IV A New Hope revisionism) would rock my world.

Pass on the new DVDs. Ya know what would REALLY make me drool? Pre SE OT in a theater! I was pretty stoked in '98 UNTIL I saw that they had messed with the movies. A restoration of the 1970s Star Wars (not Epi IV A New Hope revisionism) would rock my world.

I am glad I was around to see it that way.

I noticed today that the dvd versions with the untouched originals in them are still for sale. The box says for a limited time still. Thats a very long limited time

I noticed today that the dvd versions with the untouched originals in them are still for sale. The box says for a limited time still. Thats a very long limited time

Yeah, they aren't/weren't too hard to find at all; Circuit City was giving away some cheapo lithographs with the first day purchase - flipped 'em and more than paid the DVDs off.

:cool:

Back