New SS Buffy line ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why the 12 inch line can't come back...the comics sell well and pretty sure DVD's do too and besidethe did it before:D.
Oh god I forgot about the new Buffy reboot/retcon film I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that.

Dear god, I hope not. Buffy without Joss aint Buffy. I know this is just idle (and probably incredibly wishful) speculation, but we do need Wesley, and Fred, and Tara, and Anya, etc. so bad. My Buffy display just looks so incomplete.

Oh please let it be dioramas, I'm very excited to hear they are at least continuing Buffy!

With no PFs coming, I'm only interested in more 1/6, but there aren't any more characters I think Sideshow would consider strong enough for that line anymore.

I don't care about dios or replicas. Just have to wait and see...:rolleyes: I wouldn't be at all surprised though if that reference they made to another line was just referring to the Electric Tiki crap.

I think dios would be amazing with Buffy. I am not into dios normally but I think there could be a lot of real cool ones. I am not into the 1/6 much nor would I really care for prop replicas, although a stake might be cool.

You know we have the cool replicas out there already; the scythe, Mr Pointy, etc .. I really hope it is dios.

I would only be happy if we got 1:6 and as long as they stayed at around 45-50. Reason? I can't keep affording all this Buffy stuff. If ssc is wanting to know what 1:6 would sell, I will tell YOUUUUUUUUUU!

Wesley (sorry to everyone who bought a custom, but I want a ssc one, with a box and accessories).
Dawn
Tara
Anya/Anyanka
Vampire Xander to go with Vampire Willow

I don't know what else we would really need as those figures would really complete the line for me. We don't need to get into all the big bads and such. But if we did then we'd need a few of those. Good ones to me would be Glory and Dark Willow. I just don't know how well they'd actually sell. We can't just throw out a bunch we want to see without thinking about how they will sell.

There's also the Angel line that was cut way too short and that is just not ok with me either!

I need to read up on where they said there would be more Buffy. How did I miss that?

Maybe they will be LSBs

THAT would be interesting. I would be curious if they could pull off a good Buffy in LSB. I am not into LSB but if they did a Buffy LSB line I would start.

The ONE thing that worries me most about the LSB approach is the ability of the sculptors to get the likeness down properly (which I know is probably everyone's worry.) In the PF line, the sculpts were small enough that IMO, it didn't detract from the pieces at all. But if those sculpts were "blown up" to LSB size, I might be a little worried.

Either way, I'm for anything in polystone at this point (minus prop replicas,) so I know I shouldn't complain. I've got faith that SS can pull this off. :rock

Likeness is always going to be an issue even with dios.

Agreed, but at least with dios, it's a much smaller scale. I understand even an error of that proportion will stand out, but I think it will be less likely to do so. But if the likeness is going to be off, I would prefer it on a diorama over a 1:2 scale LSB.

The one dio. that stands out (in a bad way IMO) was the recent LOTR Gandalf vs. Balrog. I thought that Gandalf's face sculpt was way off. So, I do understand your point.

*And on a side note, job well done on addressing the DD/Bullseye issue with Sideshow. You worded that statement PERFECTLY in my opinion! Thanks for representing us DD fans (and Bullseye fans.)*

Trevor Grove is capable of producing brilliant likeness at 1/2 scale which is approx size of LSB. Did you guys see his Angie Jolie Sky Captain bust?

Back