New Spider-Man statue from Civil War?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iko Iko

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK. We've seen the new costume (with the Romita Sr. eyes). Now what company is going to be first with an announcement that a 1/4 figure is going to be produced? It is probably either Sideshow or Iron Studios, right? (I think they both have licenses).

Note - I don't know how but maybe a moderator could post a pic here.

Re: New Spider-Man statue from Civil War

Sideshow will reveal a 'Civil War' Spidey in three years :D

At least put a question mark in the title so we don't think it's a product announcement :wink1:

I wouldn't buy one even if it was made. I rather just stick to comic inspired statues rather than movies, but that would be pretty awesome to have him sitting on the truck posed with Cap's shield as one huge diorama piece.

Every spidey movie re release they make - they make spidey more and more into a new age whimpy little b****.

my spiderman is from 94 era.

This new spiderman is billy elliot

My first Spider-man comic I ever bought was part of the original clone saga(which is very good!) the Jackal is still my favorite spider villian.

The Clone Saga was fine. The only thing about it people didn't like was how long and dragged out it became. Readers got sick of it and then began to hate on it, but other than that, it wasn't any worse than anything else at the time.

The Clone Saga was fine. The only thing about it people didn't like was how long and dragged out it became. Readers got sick of it and then began to hate on it, but other than that, it wasn't any worse than anything else at the time.

It was anything but fine. I remember people referring to it in jest while it was going on any time something would happen or someone would die the word clone immediately came up just to make fun of the story line. Even the crazy clear chromium cover to Maximum Clonage Alpha was considered to be the peak of 90's ridiculous cover treatments. The problem with story wasn't just that it dragged on but that it seemed to have no forethought or direction and that from month to month they were just going where the felt like taking it. And at the time Comics were not in the best place writing wise besides a few gems like Mark Waids Cap run to name one.

I think you're remembering it with those hate glasses I mentioned. The 90s had plenty of great stuff, it's just that most of it was independent work outside of things like Starman and Vertigo books and such. Even at the time, as I said, everyone I knew was fine with it until it began to drag on and have a hundred different tie-ins.

I was an adult at the time, so I can remember it objectively. People who ragged on comics in the 90s were the same type of people who rag on comics with any new decade. They're the "it isn't like it used to be" crowd.

The art of the 90s was far worse than the writing thanks to the Image "style," which basically amounted to bad storytelling, horrible anatomy, and despicable detail. No, adding scratchy lines to inferior line work does not make it more detailed, Mr. Lee.

Anyway, that's the take from someone who practically lived in his friend's comic shop all through the 90s.

I think you're remembering it with those hate glasses I mentioned. The 90s had plenty of great stuff, it's just that most of it was independent work outside of things like Starman and Vertigo books and such. Even at the time, as I said, everyone I knew was fine with it until it began to drag on and have a hundred different tie-ins.

I was an adult at the time, so I can remember it objectively. People who ragged on comics in the 90s were the same type of people who rag on comics with any new decade. They're the "it isn't like it used to be" crowd.

The art of the 90s was far worse than the writing thanks to the Image "style," which basically amounted to bad storytelling, horrible anatomy, and despicable detail. No, adding scratchy lines to inferior line work does not make it more detailed, Mr. Lee.

Anyway, that's the take from someone who practically lived in his friend's comic shop all through the 90s.
You weren't the only one who spent most their days, and being highschool at the time, most his money at the comic shop. Maybe your crowd was more forgiving of the crappy writing and nonsensical plot twists, me and mine were not.

I never read the entire clone saga. It started during a period of time when I had stopped collecting comics. By the time I got into the story Wizard Magazine was ragging on the story line pretty hard. It felt a little like a betrayal to me because I really liked Spidey in the 80's and Marvel was basically saying that he wasn't the real Peter Parker. Eventually I did come around to liking Ben Reilly and was willing to accept him as the Sensational Spider-Man. But Marvel got so much backlash they reversed themselves and decided that the Peter who was supposedly "so angry" that they made him the clone was actually the real Peter all along. Not Marvel's finest hour, but it was a helluva lot better than Onslaught and Heroes Reborn, and Wolverine without a freakin' nose.

Back