Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're here!
068354a022a532d78a366c6ab70a580d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Surprisingly, he looks great from a side angle.
As for top or bottom, I'd say you want to look up at him, but only slightly. So get him on a shelf just above eye height.

weird choice to have the smoke different colors between the symbiote and Venom. I was actually considering getting Venom to pair with that one, but unless I got the bases repainted, they don't look cohesive as they should.

Awesome pics guys. Im gonna say im really liking the original sculpt with the long tongue though. I think thats how id display it. I wish i had preordered this, but oh well, cant have everything.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Surprisingly, he looks great from a side angle.
As for top or bottom, I'd say you want to look up at him, but only slightly. So get him on a shelf just above eye height.

What's your opinion of the skin texture on him in hand?

That seems to my dilemma... the symbiotes on the top of the P1 I'm not a fan of because they make displaying him difficult (add an extra 2-3 inches), and the texture around the neck looks weird since it doesn't match the rest of the skin. This one, love the pose, love the heads, love the size, only things I'm not a fan of is the skin texture (it is more uniform though) and the base. What was the helmeted Trojan statue supposed to represent again?

Trying to get as much info as I can before making a decision and placing an order, since I doubt the EX might be around by the time the P1 releases.

Awesome pics guys. Im gonna say im really liking the original sculpt with the long tongue though. I think thats how id display it. I wish i had preordered this, but oh well, cant have everything.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I myself prefer the standard head too, but if you've been following this thread at all, we're in the far minority. Most prefer the Exclusive.

The Ex head and style has never looked all that great to me personally other than for its nostalgia value.

But I do understand why many of the collectors prefer it, but then again I never really read those early issues of Venom.

Maybe that's why I prefer the Prime 1 version, as I also don't like the skin texture on the Sideshow piece, but those who are getting him in hand are liking it which is great.

Both the heads on mine had problems. Chipped tooth on the ex and they painted the end of the tongue black on the reg. Plus my base arrived broken too. Such a shame, hopefully I can get all new parts.
5f087b2ebfa8f5d1a6f5d7c4b9bf129d.jpg
beb169ac3884cda4f98b40863a15403e.jpg
84823c855f0e885f5b484a0ee315a6b4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What's your opinion of the skin texture on him in hand?

That seems to my dilemma... the symbiotes on the top of the P1 I'm not a fan of because they make displaying him difficult (add an extra 2-3 inches), and the texture around the neck looks weird since it doesn't match the rest of the skin. This one, love the pose, love the heads, love the size, only things I'm not a fan of is the skin texture (it is more uniform though) and the base. What was the helmeted Trojan statue supposed to represent again?

Trying to get as much info as I can before making a decision and placing an order, since I doubt the EX might be around by the time the P1 releases.
Skin -- Better than expected with more detail than I originally saw. There's pockets and crevices more than there's bumps. These pockets seems to be dusty inside and the higher parts have the smoothness you're used to from Venom. It's more like an Orange skin than anything else, but the colors and textures are very well done in-person. It's hard to explain.

As for the Spartan, that part doesn't make much sense, but the Roman numerals represent the year Venom first appears in comics. So I guess the Roman numerals is what spawned the Spartan head as if it was part of the building in NY. The smoke could be better colored. It needs some black wash.

Later with P1 as well. Three of them together

Damn, I don't know how far back it is but I asked if someone could photoshop the 3 together to scale and someone nicely complied

I would be hoping this EX would still be around when P1 released theirs so I could compare the final production pieces before deciding but their long delay makes it unlikely

Back