Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used some resin and secured the magnet with that. Not just behind the magnet, but a thin layer over it also. It feels extremely strong now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've noticed a few people saying the magnet isn't strong enough and/or the glue on it came loose and their Venom head has fallen off and broken, which is freaking me out a bit. What safeguard would you recommend to prevent this? I obviously don't want to glue the head in, since I want to be able to change heads still...

Poster putty, also known as sticky tack is your best option. Strong but removable. You can mold a small amount around the sides/walls and it’ll hold up incredibly well. Leave the magnet area clear so you have the strength of the magnets + the tack. Don’t use too much tack so you get a flush fit.

Don’t like this venom at all, hope ss makes another one soon. The p1 is perfect but it’s too big for small spaces. Maybe a venom maquette in the future?

Don’t like this venom at all, hope ss makes another one soon. The p1 is perfect but it’s too big for small spaces. Maybe a venom maquette in the future?

I really do think the XM is the best, but that P1 is going to be ridiculously impressive.

Does anyone’s base have this potential crack/repair in those fin things?

I just noticed on mine it looks like it was broken off and then poorly repaired/glued back on. I bought this new from sideshow too.

Attachments

• A84AE8AD-7F93-44DA-BE7F-00C7E4A8262C.jpg
    A84AE8AD-7F93-44DA-BE7F-00C7E4A8262C.jpg
    899.6 KB · Views: 106
Poster putty, also known as sticky tack is your best option. Strong but removable. You can mold a small amount around the sides/walls and it’ll hold up incredibly well. Leave the magnet area clear so you have the strength of the magnets + the tack. Don’t use too much tack so you get a flush fit.

I’m curious about this as well as I just noticed today that the neck seam is more pronounced than I recall it being and sure enough there is some play/wiggle in the neck magnet where it attaches to the body. The magnet on the portrait seems to be secure.

Is this where the fail is happening? Any other successful repair ideas other than poster putty? Has anyone had success re-glueing the magnet and if so, what are you using? Epoxy?

I’m curious about this as well as I just noticed today that the neck seam is more pronounced than I recall it being and sure enough there is some play/wiggle in the neck magnet where it attaches to the body. The magnet on the portrait seems to be secure.

Is this where the fail is happening? Any other successful repair ideas other than poster putty? Has anyone had success re-glueing the magnet and if so, what are you using? Epoxy?
I used resin to reglue it and yes, it was the magnet on the neck that came loose.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If the magnet is loose enough for you to re-glue using epoxy, it should work as permanent fix as long as the two magnets make contact. It's hard to pin point for you where the fail is as each piece is different. My suggestion of using poster putty was in the case of the two magnets not making contact which would result in a weak magnetic bond, if you believe this is the case where the magnets are not touching then poster putty would act as a way to bridge the gap.

Back