Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hope SS chooses different villains from the set XM is doing though. XM is doing a pretty good job with the Sinister Six so far. Well except Doc Ock! I can use another Doc Ock! Especially one that would go well with that huge IS Spidey.

I'm calling $450 - $500. It's a tad over Spidey. This is a good solid price for a PF with no mixed media.
Anything over this is shameful. You go 650 - 700 and you're getting in range of 1/3 premium pieces with tight ES. SS would be smart to 450 this piece and sell at a high ES. Spidey buyers will want this as a companion piece and with this base it doesn't work as a standalone. Good looking venom but McFarlane portrait is for a limited audience and with a lot of exceptional Venom choices out there now it may be a tougher sale this time.

I'm calling $450 - $500. It's a tad over Spidey. This is a good solid price for a PF with no mixed media.
Anything over this is shameful. You go 650 - 700 and you're getting in range of 1/3 premium pieces with tight ES. SS would be smart to 450 this piece and sell at a high ES. Spidey buyers will want this as a companion piece and with this base it doesn't work as a standalone. Good looking venom but McFarlane portrait is for a limited audience and with a lot of exceptional Venom choices out there now it may be a tougher sale this time.

I don't see that happening at all. No way it would be as low as $450. Spidey is $470 and Venom is going to be a larger statue. I don't see this being under $500. Wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to $600.

Yeah...that's not happening

I don't see that happening at all. No way it would be as low as $450. Spidey is $470 and Venom is going to be a larger statue. I don't see this being under $500. Wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to $600.

I agree with the price increase because of Venom being bigger. However, Venom doesn't have all the web lines that the Spider-Man PF has ...the paint app shouldn't be as extensive. So hopefully that is reflected in the price.

I agree with the price increase because of Venom being bigger. However, Venom doesn't have all the web lines that the Spider-Man PF has ...the paint app shouldn't be as extensive. So hopefully that is reflected in the price.

If this were the case, wouldn't the Symbiote Spidey PF be cheaper than the regular PF?

Sideshow has just about priced me out. I'd rather spend an extra $300 and get something bigger and better with superior quality. I just think they're trying to take advantage of collectors, and in a few years time it's going to come back and slap them in the face.

If this were the case, wouldn't the Symbiote Spidey PF be cheaper than the regular PF?

My post was more in response to how much the price should go up. I had the $600 price tag on my mind when I was writing my post. I'm sure the price is going to increase compared to the Spider-Man PF, but it shouldn't be that much (not $600) considering it shouldn't be that extensive without the web lines.

My thinking is that the price increase should reflect that ...and the price should be within the $470 to $530 range. Any more than that, I feel, is excessive.

Yeah i really dont get it. How is it that sideshow charges almost $500+ for a quarter scale statue and other companies like prime 1 offer 1/4 to 1/3 for a few hundred dollars more? And sideshow qc sucks where prime 1's and other companies have been better.
Also F4F just released the Samus light suit for $400 and it has light, its quarter scale, and the QC on that statue was no where near as bad as sideshow spidermans pf. On top of that, sideshow keeps reusing the same damn pose on all their pieces. Look at the new venom, same as the symbiote and regular spiderman. Most statues from sideshow have that. Lex luthor and doctor doom. Captain marvel and the old rogue pf. Dardevil and capatain America charge on hydra. The list goes on. What sucks is that i live 10 min away from sideshow and i rather support them than some other company, but I can't justify their prices, their qc, or thier sculpts. On top of that, you call customer service and no one picks up. So i think venom will be close to the kylo ren price.

Okay im done ranting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't disagree more. I think they've had some great sculpts and an increase in quality to accompany the price increase. Sure, they could do better with quality control, but they stand by their products and offer a refund if you're not happy. Venom is supposed to be similar to the pose on Spider-Man because it's meant as a companion piece.

Back