Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. That's disappointing. Same base for the most part. Same pose for the most part. I don't mind the bases matching. But arm planted, legs ~90 degrees. 3/4 statues in the line will have that pose now.

Ugh. That's disappointing. Same base for the most part. Same pose for the most part. I don't mind the bases matching. But arm planted, legs ~90 degrees. 3/4 statues in the line will have that pose now.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Still, I'll wait until the full reveal, but if it's true, that would be incredibly lame! Wouldn't surprise me. :lol

Woo how Venom. I hope it's not too similar to Spideyposw and everything

Yah, I noticed that head as well. Wonder if SS plans on doing more villians with the same theme with the end result being Spidey surrounded by all in a battle royale of sorts.

Ironic for me as I've waited years to finally get Spider-Man at any scale (Spidey having the largest chunk of my comic collection growing up), and just when I thought I was nearing my end with SSC. I'll always like the hobby but at the same time I really want to get out, :lol

Finally! Just great to see Sideshow finally running with an elite line, & starting to churn these things out at a more rapid pace. Lord knows we have waited long enough, so Sideshow, don't even think of slowing it down.

As for the multi villains attack theme, I wonder how far they can go with it, as Spidey along with Goblin sculpt are not tall enough to allow too many additional villains to realistically join the fight, as they all seem to be designed at relatively the same height. If Spidey & Goblin were designed at greater heights, this would allow more villains to climb, swing, grapple, in a sort of pyramid formation, allowing for possibly more villain options. As it stands, Doc Ock will be next, .......but then what?

Lol. None of the other villains they'll do move like Spiderman/venom...

Green goblin different. Doc Ock different. Vulture different. Electro different. See where I'm going with this? This feels more like a problem you have against the base design. All I'll say is I have a lot of friends and family in jobs like construction or plumbing and they usually scoff at the idea and prices behind collecting. But when they saw Spiderman they all said the building scaffolding and explosion looked awesome.

Finally! Just great to see Sideshow finally running with an elite line, & starting to churn these things out at a more rapid pace. Lord knows we have waited long enough, so Sideshow, don't even think of slowing it down.

As for the multi villains attack theme, I wonder how far they can go with it, as Spidey along with Goblin sculpt are not tall enough to allow too many additional villains to realistically join the fight, as they all seem to be designed at relatively the same height. If Spidey & Goblin were designed at greater heights, this would allow more villains to climb, swing, grapple, in a sort of pyramid formation, allowing for possibly more villain options. As it stands, Doc Ock will be next, .......but then what?

I'm thinking they can go one of two ways. They can stick with the high above the ground theme and do people like Vulture, Doc Ock, mysterio, etc. much like XM is currently doing.

Or they can do the multi-level onslaught. Maybe make one of rhino slamming through a building with similar scafolding on the ground, or doc Ock on the ground with scafolding he is about to throw.

XM has payed out the perfect lot of Spiderman rogues. at the end of the day, I'm just hoping I can control myself and stop after venom if I get him haha

Can't wait to see more, im kinda liking this up in the air theme they're doing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Lol. None of the other villains they'll do move like Spiderman/venom...

Green goblin different. Doc Ock different. Vulture different. Electro different. See where I'm going with this? This feels more like a problem you have against the base design. All I'll say is I have a lot of friends and family in jobs like construction or plumbing and they usually scoff at the idea and prices behind collecting. But when they saw Spiderman they all said the building scaffolding and explosion looked awesome.

No, I love the Spider-Man base and pose. It's one of my favorite PFs in my collection. I also love my Batman and Superman PFs and their bases. I hate when Sideshow just keeps making statues using the same mold though. Red Son Superman is basically the same. Symbiote Spider-Man is the same. But Batman Red Son is entirely different. They took time to completely redo Batman and took little time to do Superman. I like to see them put effort into different characters. Repeating the same super unique base and pose design for Spider-Man makes Spider-Man less unique.

No, I love the Spider-Man base and pose. It's one of my favorite PFs in my collection. I also love my Batman and Superman PFs and their bases. I hate when Sideshow just keeps making statues using the same mold though. Red Son Superman is basically the same. Symbiote Spider-Man is the same. But Batman Red Son is entirely different. They took time to completely redo Batman and took little time to do Superman. I like to see them put effort into different characters. Repeating the same super unique base and pose design for Spider-Man makes Spider-Man less unique.

I feel like the legs will be posed differently than Spider-Man's. I'm hoping for something similar to this
4e5072734bf06b34a554a6430063d5b4.jpg

You can even see what looks like the rest of venom in pieces behind him. Looks like right leg goes down/bent and the arm goes up and back like he's about to swipe at Spidey.

I feel like the legs will be posed differently than Spider-Man's. I'm hoping for something similar to this
4e5072734bf06b34a554a6430063d5b4.jpg

You can even see what looks like the rest of venom in pieces behind him. Looks like right leg goes down/bent and the arm goes up and back like he's about to swipe at Spidey.
I like the pic you posted. I'm sure they can figure out how to support the weight from that kind of a pose for a 1/4. The use of fiberglass (instead of polystone) would help as well.

As it is now, the tease shows his left hand planted down and his torso 90-degrees from the arm, very similar to Spidey.

I like the pic you posted. I'm sure they can figure out how to support the weight from that kind of a pose for a 1/4. The use of fiberglass (instead of polystone) would help as well.

As it is now, the tease shows his left hand planted down and his torso 90-degrees from the arm, very similar to Spidey.

To me it looks like it is up, like a pitchers throwing arm. Or if he's swiping at Spidey. We will see. But it could be easily be supported by a large rod in the body/arm and base like Spidey. I'm not worried

To me it looks like it is up, like a pitchers throwing arm. Or if he's swiping at Spidey. We will see. But it could be easily be supported by a large rod in the body/arm and base like Spidey. I'm not worried
Sounds like we're looking at two different pics. LOL! :rotfl

I'm thinking they can go one of two ways. They can stick with the high above the ground theme and do people like Vulture, Doc Ock, mysterio, etc. much like XM is currently doing.

Or they can do the multi-level onslaught. Maybe make one of rhino slamming through a building with similar scafolding on the ground, or doc Ock on the ground with scafolding he is about to throw.

XM has payed out the perfect lot of Spiderman rogues. at the end of the day, I'm just hoping I can control myself and stop after venom if I get him haha

There's no point in doing Rhino again

Back