New Sideshow Joe news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheeple are only interested in collecting new hyped stuff.

Scroll through the collections section and see how many look exactly the same.

So what your saying is I should be a hipster and start collecting and displaying the most obscure figures I can find....meh I will stick to what I enjoy.

Ya on the joe side but over on the star wars side the incentives are lately a fancy base no one needs.

Hence why I bailed. If SSC wants to charge $199 a figure, they force me to pick line loyalties on general principle.

So what your saying is I should be a hipster and start collecting and displaying the most obscure figures I can find....meh I will stick to what I enjoy.

:lol He hit a nerve? :lol

:lol He hit a nerve? :lol

Nah just passing the time until I get some more Cobra figures :impatient:.

But isnt it assumed if you like somthing that is a collectible there are bound to be others that enjoy the same exact thing....Oh ya did I mention when you collect them in one place and post pictures (THE FORUMS) collections will most likely look the same :rotfl

I can start posting pics of my vinyl collection. Batty might be the only person on this board that knows 10% of the bands. Only the custom collectors have a diverse collection from the rest of us. That's just how it goes. Who cares? It's not like my neighbors or friends houses have the same collection, lol

It must be that bow. Lol. I don't understand how hot toys can sell so many figures at some of those prices. I realize they are really nice figures but not anymore impressive than zartan or rock n roll in my opinion anyways.

I think Hot Toys has a lot of what I call speculators. People who buy just for the plan to resell 6 months down the road, and I don't think they care if they're buying IronMan or SuckerPunch, as long as they think they can make a buck down the road.

Maybe I have a little of that in me and thats why I tend to get the Ex, whether its a worthwhile Ex or not, but I've never judged a figure as a whole for whether its going to make me oney in the future, I just buy what I like and I agree, I think the latest Joe offerings are every bit as cool as anything I've ever gotten from Hot Toys.

I think Hot Toys has a lot of what I call speculators. People who buy just for the plan to resell 6 months down the road, and I don't think they care if they're buying IronMan or SuckerPunch, as long as they think they can make a buck down the road.

Maybe I have a little of that in me and thats why I tend to get the Ex, whether its a worthwhile Ex or not, but I've never judged a figure as a whole for whether its going to make me oney in the future, I just buy what I like and I agree, I think the latest Joe offerings are every bit as cool as anything I've ever gotten from Hot Toys.

:lol The days of buying HT to flip are over. Especially now where the ones you'd expect to be worth something won't even sell for retail while the ones you think will sit disappear.

How well does anyone remember the cartoon series. I know scarlett wore an outfit one episode were she wore brown boots,jeans, brown jacket does anyone nknow what color her shirt was.

I cant remember episode and i dont own any but want to make outfit so i have it when i get her a motorcycle.

How well does anyone remember the cartoon series. I know scarlett wore an outfit one episode were she wore brown boots,jeans, brown jacket does anyone nknow what color her shirt was.

I cant remember episode and i dont own any but want to make outfit so i have it when i get her a motorcycle.

Used to watch them, but don't remember anything that specific. Can probably youtube the episode though.

:lol The days of buying HT to flip are over. Especially now where the ones you'd expect to be worth something won't even sell for retail while the ones you think will sit disappear.

I tend to agree with you Nam, but there will always be exceptions. Like last years Toy Fairs Batman. That junt is going for well over $300 now.

I tend to agree with you Nam, but there will always be exceptions. Like last years Toy Fairs Batman. That junt is going for well over $300 now.

I see him for $310 bidding, and BINs lower than $400. Given he was $250 (not including those of us who'd have had to pay tax), that's not that much of a mark-up.

:exactly:

On the bright side, I won't have to worry about SSC getting as much of my money as they ideally could.

I wont be buying anything to fill in the gaps outside of the joe line.

Room made for PFs though....

I agree I don't need hundreds of these nor do I have the cash for too much anyway. Quality before quantity...

I would be happy with 6 new ones a year. Every other month would be easy to manage.

I wonder though.

With SIDESHOW's design group (i.e. sculptors, etc.) being busy with the DC license (and others), I wonder if they'll actually bring on board additional/new designers/talent to work on the new licenses as well as shore up existing licenses?

Six new figures a year sounds reasonable, but personally . . . I'd like to see more so license/line can grow. If they need to slightly reduce the production numbers (i.e. say 1500 to 1250 or 2000 to 1500), then so be it as long the quality is there & price remains reasonable, but . . . if they jack up the price across the board for all figures to $199.99 or more each, then there will be backlash and those who are absolute true die hard collectors of the line will be the only ones who continue to support it. I know it sounds elitest, but that is a reality. We'll pretty much end up like those HOT TOYS die hard fanatics.

New Sideshow Joe Info from FlagPoints-

Baroness pre-order in October
Bludd pre-order in 2013

Bludd's Arm is a cybernetic arm (Sideshow's interpretation).Will have articulated Arm and an additional portrait possibly.Rockets fins pop out and deploy.Will have his classic tags on his neck.(additional bloody tags uncertain).Has an additional gun.

Baroness-Two portrait's(one with hair down and one with wavy hair).Body development was a lengthy process.Material is similiar to like those under-armor shirts for her body suit.Glasses removable but fragile,goal is to have different frames for her.NO BACK PACK for her because of the hair.Will have lots of hands

A few Females getting the Joe treatment quite soon (no names mentioned,but you can guess who)

Destro is not in production- only concept stage and design.only the sneek image was shown.He will NOT be an artic looking figure and will have his signature pieces.Rough sculpt of Destro was done but was moved because they need to work on him more...

Sci-fi looking Joe Characters-one of the 1/6 team is a Huge Blowtorch fan,trying to get him in there.Mentioned Snowjob and Alpine they still want to do or work on.Tunnel Rat,Mutt and Junkyard and Outback just as mentionables.

Vehicles-Claw or Fang,Trouble Bubble,Swamp Skier would be stuff they would look at..more Smaller type tech stuff...Swamp Skier being the main one,but depends on the strength of the line Sales wise.

Pushing for Snow Serpent to get made.

More reveals-possibly one more reveal before end of 2012.More joes depends on schedule because of Starwars and now DC,they can only do so much for development

Crimson guard uses a softer jacket material from original prototype.looks great in person.

only 2 Gi joe pre-orders for the rest of the year? damn I was hoping for destro or BBQ :(

Back