New Sideshow Joe news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you know every issue they put out that has the words clone trooper at the end of it, has to be awesome profits by now. I'm fairly excited for Commander Ganch, but I also realize all I am buying is a new holster rig/pauldron and a lot of repainting. :lol

:exactly: I cut back to just clones, but then saw Snake Eyes' price and let the axe fall on SW.

None of that seemed to promising. Just sounds like we have a shat load of waiting to do. Big kahkah.

Im assuming the slow process for each joe comes down to research and preparations. When I made my scarlett I hade a two stage process. I mmade a protype was happy for awhile but i keep working on her. She is vertially done but im not happy with the fabric and finding right sculpt for hair. Im a fan of real hair but in some figs look ok with mollded.

take for example scarlett if they takle her in her original costume.
one the perfect shade of grey jumpsuit
then the right tan in pleather or since its body armor or microsuede or microfiber. giving weight and stability to body suit,gauntlets and boots.
boots a decisian needs to be made; Functional or asthetic pockets
Gauntlets need to have pieces to allow wather pistol to remove and reattach so scarlett can hold it.
Shurikens need to be able to be removed and attached and have multiples.
smoke canister gradade best way to attach so it can be removed.
Should bomb be removable from leg. how should sheeth look on her leg for knife.

What should her face look like are we going by blister card art, comic book or cartoon. how long should hair be, how should it look and flow.
Sideshow knows how critical we the fans are thats why each joe/cobra will take time.
I wish they showed us certain options and let us vote so we can help them make it faster call it beta testing.

It took me a month to make my prototype and another month to improve it so cut Sideshow some slack.

Here is the deal if Sideshow rushes the figure it will be piss poor and you get what you ask for.
I understand the worries that if they take to long sideshow may loose interest or hasbro will pull the plug for fickle reasons like retaliation tanking like titatic.

I worry about that to that money wont exchange the right hands and that will be the end of it. Hasbro is somewhat fickle so I am as scared as you to possibly see the end of G.I.Joe.

I hate how moronic it is you need a degree to get a job but cant get it because you need experiance working for a toy company.

so I doubt my portfolio will mean a thing

hire more help sideshow, plenty people need jobs

Bad advice. Hiring more means raising prices to pay them. :nono

I hate how moronic it is you need a degree to get a job but cant get it because you need experiance working for a toy company.

so I doubt my portfolio will mean a thing

I'd submit it anyway. They've hired people off the boards in the past, so it's worth a shot. As for college, it's important because it not only shows commitment, but also a grasp/understanding of industry-standardized technical skills.

____in' lame ass Star Wars. How does that line take away from development? They are repaints!!

No kidding and ____ DC, that ____ is lame

No bad SS, not forking over any cash to you unless its for the Joe line

I might just try to get a job their, im moving to cali next year anyway. When I enroll in OTIS College ill drop my app in i wonder if i can doo it online and submit pics of work.

I could definantly help them with Scarlett even if i have to do it while here in chicago. best part of being a designer you can design anywhere.

If sideshow had their sculpter use the card art to make her head sculpt they can send me a body and fabric and I can make the production sample and if they send me the werable weapons i can have her equipt ship her back for the head to be added for teaser pics.

Ski can do her face paint for accuracy and bata boom we got scarlett. I think ski would love to do her face paint to stamp his remarkable pait job on SS. this will give SS more time to make more. Im willing to custom wardrobe if i get supplies i need. I think ski and I should totally be on their team for G.I.Joe

That way face paint never has to be retouched because Ski is a genious and the wardrobe will always be on target. Im a strictler for accuracy SS wouldnt get her back unless she was fit to be duplicated by their sewing staff.

Matt said there are only 5 or 6 guys on the 1/6 development team and they have to share artists with statues.

Sideshow's obsession with Statues leads to a wharehouse of unsold product...

Back