New Sideshow Joe news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teemu

Super Freak
Reaction score
New Sideshow Joe Info from FlagPoints-

Baroness pre-order in October
Bludd pre-order in 2013

Bludd's Arm is a cybernetic arm (Sideshow's interpretation).Will have articulated Arm and an additional portrait possibly.Rockets fins pop out and deploy.Will have his classic tags on his neck.(additional bloody tags uncertain).Has an additional gun.

Baroness-Two portrait's(one with hair down and one with wavy hair).Body development was a lengthy process.Material is similiar to like those under-armor shirts for her body suit.Glasses removable but fragile,goal is to have different frames for her.NO BACK PACK for her because of the hair.Will have lots of hands

A few Females getting the Joe treatment quite soon (no names mentioned,but you can guess who)

Destro is not in production- only concept stage and design.only the sneek image was shown.He will NOT be an artic looking figure and will have his signature pieces.Rough sculpt of Destro was done but was moved because they need to work on him more...

Sci-fi looking Joe Characters-one of the 1/6 team is a Huge Blowtorch fan,trying to get him in there.Mentioned Snowjob and Alpine they still want to do or work on.Tunnel Rat,Mutt and Junkyard and Outback just as mentionables.

Vehicles-Claw or Fang,Trouble Bubble,Swamp Skier would be stuff they would look at..more Smaller type tech stuff...Swamp Skier being the main one,but depends on the strength of the line Sales wise.

Pushing for Snow Serpent to get made.

More reveals-possibly one more reveal before end of 2012.More joes depends on schedule because of Starwars and now DC,they can only do so much for development

Crimson guard uses a softer jacket material from original prototype.looks great in person.

New Sideshow Joe Info from FlagPoints-

Baroness pre-order in October
Bludd pre-order in 2013

Bludd's Arm is a cybernetic arm (Sideshow's interpretation).Will have articulated Arm and an additional portrait possibly.Rockets fins pop out and deploy.Will have his classic tags on his neck.(additional bloody tags uncertain).Has an additional gun.

Baroness-Two portrait's(one with hair down and one with wavy hair).Body development was a lengthy process.Material is similiar to like those under-armor shirts for her body suit.Glasses removable but fragile,goal is to have different frames for her.NO BACK PACK for her because of the hair.Will have lots of hands

A few Females getting the Joe treatment quite soon (no names mentioned,but you can guess who)

Destro is not in production- only concept stage and design.only the sneek image was shown.He will NOT be an artic looking figure and will have his signature pieces.Rough sculpt of Destro was done but was moved because they need to work on him more...

Sci-fi looking Joe Characters-one of the 1/6 team is a Huge Blowtorch fan,trying to get him in there.Mentioned Snowjob and Alpine they still want to do or work on.Tunnel Rat,Mutt and Junkyard and Outback just as mentionables.

Vehicles-Claw or Fang,Trouble Bubble,Swamp Skier would be stuff they would look at..more Smaller type tech stuff...Swamp Skier being the main one,but depends on the strength of the line Sales wise.

Pushing for Snow Serpent to get made.

More reveals-possibly one more reveal before end of 2012.More joes depends on schedule because of Starwars and now DC,they can only do so much for development

Crimson guard uses a softer jacket material from original prototype.looks great in person.

:yess: A more prone-to-peel pleather! :blissysmi

Thanks for sharing the info, but I have to say I feel like the Joe line is going to be taking a back seat to DC. We *might* see another announcement by the end of the year means Scarlett is further away than we hoped, and Destro not even in the works is really disappointing. :monkey2

Thanks for sharing the info, but I have to say I feel like the Joe line is going to be taking a back seat to DC. We *might* see another announcement by the end of the year means Scarlett is further away than we hoped, and Destro not even in the works is really disappointing. :monkey2

Hopefully they're rethinking that ribbed jacket they showed in the rough.

So wait...Bludd doesn't pre-order until sometime in 2013??

So he is about a year and a half out from shipping...ugh!

Pretty soon...like in the next 3-4 months...I will be caught up on Star War and GI Joe. At that time...Ima be screaming about slow releases.

I hope this slow realesing of GI Joe is not long term.

This line is satisfying at least two of my desires for 1:6 scale collecting. GI Joe AND modern military. So this line is about 99.9% of the way as important to me as Star Wars is.

I want more...a lot more.

I may resort to unnecessary troop-building to fill voids.

____in' lame ass Star Wars. How does that line take away from development? They are repaints!!

So wait...Bludd doesn't pre-order until sometime in 2013??

So he is about a year and a half out from shipping...ugh!

Yep,don't expect to have Bludd in your hands till late 2013

Pretty soon...like in the next 3-4 months...I will be caught up on Star War and GI Joe. At that time...Ima be screaming about slow releases.

I hope this slow releasing of GI Joe is not long term.

This line is satisfying at least two of my desires for 1:6 scale collecting. GI Joe AND modern military. So this line is about 99.9% of the way as important to me as Star Wars is.

I want more...a lot more.

I may resort to unnecessary troop-building to fill voids.

Thanks to DC,Joe gets bumped down to low priority.The DC stuff is cool looking,but I don't like that Joe gets to take a back seat now.

How about cutting back on the rediculously expensive,boring statues that do nothing in your collection

Slow releases suck and it could bring eventual disinterest to the line..How long can this line go? a long time,but only if they keep the release schedule consistant

____in' lame ass Star Wars. How does that line take away from development? They are repaints!!

its not just Starwars, enter in 1/6 DC which is getting priority now over Joe

Yep,don't expect to have Bludd in your hands till late 2013
Slow releases suck and it could bring eventual disinterest to the line..How long can this line go? a long time,but only if they keep the release schedule consistant

:exactly:

On the bright side, I won't have to worry about SSC getting as much of my money as they ideally could.

I wont be buying anything to fill in the gaps outside of the joe line.

Room made for PFs though....

its not just Starwars, enter in 1/6 DC which is getting priority now over Joe

I'm fine with the Joes being a step behind DC...cuz it's DC. I just have a specific hate on for all things Star Wars

How it has fans is a universal phenomena... :lol

Darth Malgus is Hardly a repaint. And I mention that one as an indicator that despite the fact that the Star Wars line is seeing a lot of simple repaints as releases...there seems to still be some complex developement going on as well.

I also think it almost stands to reason that those "lame ass Star Wars repaints" are helpig to fuel Sideshow's development coffers for the Joe line as well so I would be careful about pooping where I was eating...

But right now with all the variants, SW is likely the most profitable. :huh

Yeah, you know every issue they put out that has the words clone trooper at the end of it, has to be awesome profits by now. I'm fairly excited for Commander Ganch, but I also realize all I am buying is a new holster rig/pauldron and a lot of repainting. :lol

I hope that it doesn't peal like you keep saying.....hope.

Here is the deal with pleather, as a seamstress i know a thing or two about it. leather looking pleather is knit backed and the polyurithane is layed on it and allowed to cool. It was never intended to be stretched to its limit. this will cause it to peel because polyurathane is breaking away from knit underside. Same thing happens with another thing called pleather but its stretched vinyl. the shiny stuff holds up better in 4way stretch but looses its gloss. and will melt in high heat so dont set figures with this two close for period of time.

Thanks for the news, teemu! I have an insatiable thirst for news on this line - especially since their last few figures have been the strongest so far. Seems to me since the Viper they've been hitting on all cylinders. I wish we didn't have to wait so long between releases, but if it means we're getting better quality stuff (questionable with the DC stuff seemingly being assigned to the same development group... or is Sideshow just that small??) and I've got more time to save up the funds, I don't mind. The longer they go between releases, the better for my wallet.

I really hope this line is not losing steam. I know the economy is tough, but Falcon seems to have sold well enough that their initial amount sold out fairly quickly.

Back