Statue New Sideshow Godzilla Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't figure out what's up with the splash of green above his right thigh in this shot, might be lighting effect and not the paint, I would hope, it's pretty random.

attachment.php
I kinda like it. The splash of color adds a bit of life to Godzilla, breaking up the grey monotone.

So I wonder what's going on with the paint on this piece.

The contest/preview image shows distinct color differences in his skin as it should be.

FB_Godzilla.jpg

But in these produce photos it's not there.

attachment.php

Not a deal breaker personally, what wows me about the piece is the pose, the attitude and the detail, a different tone on his belly doesn't make or break it for me, though if they did it and well I'd certainly appreciate that detail work. The NECA's are so off in color so I appreciate that his main color is correct.

The first pic was obv shopped a lot, which is why I stated I wanted to see the piece in a natural setting. Granted, that photo of Godzilla in the water looks awesome but you can see the added lighting effects all over the piece most notably the shoulders and up the neck.

I understand it's enhanced, I just figured it would be overall tonal changes, not deliberately making his skin look the way it is officially when the product doesn't feature that.

Calling it right now -- this'll turn out like the larger maquette. Just smaller and cheaper for those who couldn't afford/fit the first one. Same mediocre Sideshow finish with a better sculpt and pose, but that's it.

I don't necessarily think the paint apps were necessarily bad on the maquette, the problem is, detail became even more subdued than it was on the prototype so the flatter paint job stood out more, it's like an elephant with spine, not Godzilla. Godzilla needs rich textures throughout his body. The fact that this statue even in prototype form is much more defined in texture than the maquette is hopeful that a good amount should easily survive production.

Cool to know, 16" means the 14" from the video is Godzilla himself, plus given the pose, this thing is actually pretty big compared to NECA and X-Plus 12" figures.

As for the quiet, work was crazy busy today and I got the email alert in my car on the way home. Long shoy but I'd be speechless if I won the contest for this.

Calling it right now -- this'll turn out like the larger maquette. Just smaller and cheaper for those who couldn't afford/fit the first one. Same mediocre Sideshow finish with a better sculpt and pose, but that's it.

Wouldnt be surprised.
Be a great test for them, lets see what they do.

Not shipping until July-September next year, perfect, I'll get my bonus at work and might be able to
get this.

I definitely want this, but I'm waiting. So BBTS doesn't do deposits on pre-orders? I take you have to do full pay?

Typically, they don't require NRD's. I've seen them on very, very rare occasions but it's not the norm. You'll receive an email when the product is expecting to hit their warehouse, usually ~2-4 weeks out, to have the funds on your CC ready.

Back