Statue New Sideshow Godzilla Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sidestepping the pissing contest on telling others what to do #boycottGermanproducts, nothing about the Maquette 'to me' justifies it's asking price. That said, I would like a Godzilla in my collection, and am very interested in this version. To me it looks better executed all the way around.

Sidestepping the pissing contest on telling others what to do #boycottGermanproducts, nothing about the Maquette 'to me' justifies it's asking price. That said, I would like a Godzilla in my collection, and am very interested in this version. To me it looks better executed all the way around.

That´s not the point. It´s not about german or us products or anything, but Sideshow made so much great models in the past (take a look at my avatar) and the collectors paid the prices for high quality, massive and absolutely awesome painted figures. These times seem to be over, now Sideshow try to make
money with cheap, mass produced models for astronomically prices. The collectors should react and tell sideshow that this is the wrong way.

How much of a collecting neophyte I am is about to shine through, but I wanna ask anyway. Usually, how long after SDCC do PO go up? This and the 1:5 Skeletor have me itching in my skin!

Best answer is... Any time!

Strange thing about this is the surprise appearance with absolutely no information, or acknowledgement, to follow.

A lot of Sideshow products take time after SDCC to go up for order and ship. It's a time to showcase new work. The maquette debuted at SDCC 2014 and shipped as this year's con was underway. They can only put so many things in prosuction at once, orders will go up to keep on schedule.

This one looks better than the maquette imo, very strange time to tease it though, I wouldn't be happy if I'd paid so much for the other one given how it turned out.

The image online for the video looks like they've given him a more distinct color difference between his belly/underside and his hide.

14" is actually rather small, smaller than I hoped.

Yeah, the saving grace with that for me, is I already have some 1/5 movie stuff, so it should work on that shelf. Already looks better than the proto for the first one, like this one alot. If they don't get carried away with price, then I will order it for sure next week.

Yeah at that scale, im waiting to see a price. I just don't have room for a lot of the bigger pieces anymore. Space is definitely becoming an issue. I actually really like the 1/5 scale range. I mean its big enough for details, but small enough that it doesn't take massive amounts of space.

I like the size because it should mean a lower price, we've seen what big statues run and I can't spend $800 on this.

...you guys really saying how this is better than the other while looking at the proto.

...didnt the other's proto look good also?

...you guys really saying how this is better than the other while looking at the proto.

...didnt the other's proto look good also?

Not to me, I always had issues with aspects on the maquette prototype and the production piece turned out even worse.

This statue I like all around at the moment.

Cool vid, would like to see it without the special effects and lighting to get an idea of how it's really painted.

This is a somewhat better look at it.

1125x682_previewbanner__GodzillaStatue-Play.jpg

Back