Statue New Sideshow Godzilla Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, I see it this way. If you mainly care about size, presence and polystone, you'd go maquette. If you care more about sculpt, paint and film accuracy, you'd be mad not to go for the X-plus - which comes in at around $200 after conversion from Japanese Yen - still cheaper than what this statue will go for, and may even be a little bigger :-/

The X-Plus is definitely a nice one. I wonder how tall this Sideshow piece will be.

Any more pics of this guy? Can't stand looking at the maquette any further, those in hand pics are atrocious.

Any more pics of this guy? Can't stand looking at the maquette any further, those in hand pics are atrocious.

I sent pretty sour note to Sideshow on the Maquette I received a couple days ago and copied it onto the Maquette thread. This statue is a much nicer sculpt, although hard to say the paint job is any less monotone than the Maquette. Plus the base isn't the same primer grey color as the GZ, which helps, I think. RIght now, I'd take this statue over the Maquette. I'm leaning toward sending the Maquette back for refund, and I have an office full of SS pieces, and have never sent anything back before. Heartbroken.

I'd send the maquette back and see how this one turns out. If you're not entirely happy with the maquette now you'll probably never warm to it and likely will hate it even more as time goes on.

Yes, it's a statue of Godzilla 2014 apparently more around 12-14", smaller than the maquette.

Wow. I remember seeing this piece when pics were posted, but DID NOT think this was Sideshow. Interesting. I like this a lot better than the maquette in terms of paint app.

I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Everybody should send the Godzilla maquette back because it´s crap. I have heard no customer who´s happy with it so far. Bad times for sideshow but this would be the only way to show SS that they are on the wrong way with the statues. 800 bucks!!!!! We have got high end statues for half the price in the past...

I'd send the maquette back and see how this one turns out. If you're not entirely happy with the maquette now you'll probably never warm to it and likely will hate it even more as time goes on.

I appreciate the advice from someone with your experience. Helpful, so thanks.

Everybody should send the Godzilla maquette back because it´s crap. I have heard no customer who´s happy with it so far. Bad times for sideshow but this would be the only way to show SS that they are on the wrong way with the statues. 800 bucks!!!!! We have got high end statues for half the price in the past...

The cost is just killer. I couldn't justify it, based on the pics that I'm seeing. So much potential though. Just that paint app., as everyone has been saying.

Seriously?! Why should anyone follow your opinion.

I agree. The Maquette isn't worth anywhere near the asking price, for me personally, but I wouldn't dream of telling others what they should do with their money.

FYI Pilky & Burning Rage have both said they're happy to keep theirs. Try actually reading the appropiate thread first.

Well, seems there is difference between stating an opinion, which is what TimO appears to be doing by suggesting all return the maquette, and telling others what to do. I do not see TimO trying to do that. It would send a strong message to SS if everyone sent the maquette back, but I cannot imagine that will happen. Some will, some won't. Doubt TimO thinks every purchaser will send the piece back, but it seems this forum is just the place for someone to make just such a strong statement, if that is their opinion. I see most of members here as strong SS supporters, so some tough love about a disappointing piece, is ok to talk about. Each will make up their own mind. Interesting to see all the takes here, and it all helps someone like me who is exactly in the position of trying to make a decision whether to keep or send back the maquette. So thanks for everyone's thoughts on this, including Collectorcol and TimO.

Seriously?! Why should anyone follow your opinion.

I agree. The Maquette isn't worth anywhere near the asking price, for me personally, but I wouldn't dream of telling others what they should do with their money.

FYI Pilky & Burning Rage have both said they're happy to keep theirs. Try actually reading the appropiate thread first.

It's like those words are shooting out of Sig Arnold's gun, right onto the screen with such POWAAAA!!!!! :lol :rock

I think we can all agree: Some like it. Some don't. Buy what you like.

We're all family here! Smiles, everyone, smiles!!!

It was quite a strong statement as was my reply.

'Everyone should send it back because it's crap'.
You don't like it? Don't buy then or return it, simple. Let others make their own judgement as some already have.
That also makes a mockery of your following 'I have heard of no customer who's happy with it so far'.

As I said, I agree with you about the quality and price of the product but I'll let the collectors who are happy with it enjoy their purchase :D

It was quite a strong statement as was my reply.

'Everyone should send it back because it's crap'.
You don't like it? Don't buy then or return it, simple. Let others make their own judgement as some already have.
That also makes a mockery of your following 'I have heard of no customer who's happy with it so far'.

As I said, I agree with you about the quality and price of the product but I'll let the collectors who are happy with it enjoy their purchase :D

No, I agree you....Taste is a perception. What something thinks is 'crap' is another person loves. My collecting habits are a prime example of that. *stares at 3 Megazords on my desk*

...now, tell Sig Arnold to put the gun down.

*raises hands in the air*

:lol

I felt like we had a moment just now, Col. So I want you to watch this....Now, before you do. I'm playing the role of Peter....because I'm the cooler of the two of us. Now you may proceed to watching this:

And on a side note, I think I want to play Peter still, but I want Harry's dialog. His was a lot more powerful and because I'm the one coming in here to comfort the situation I think it's only fair that I get that dialog - but I don't want to die of course. That's a big kicker here that you have to remember - I have Harry's dialog, but I don't die. Now, rewatch it.

If you can hop into a Delorian, go back in time, and erase all the Spider Man movies from ever releasing that'd be great.

@Collectorcol: If you read the comments about the statue there is always a "but" or anything in it. And that should not be if you are buying a statue this expensive. Ok, the word "crap" was a little bit to hard, maybe, but that´s my opinion about the maquette, it´s not worth half the price and SS has to realize that.

Back