New Sideshow Daredevil Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't get more old school than his yellow costume. I expect we'll get another red one with tons of piping, straps, zippers, and if we're real lucky...a dog collar. :lol

Don't you wish that on this piece! :lol

tenor.gif

(I immediately thought of that reference. :lol)

Classic or go home for me. I don't mind some updated costumes (modern Nova, Warlock, and Thor come to mind). However, even if modern costumes are used, I'd like them to be reasonably comic accurate. This made up crap by sideshow is getting old fast for me.

Nova's 70s costume was perfect. Why did they have to go and change that? And Thor's new togs suck.

Nova's 70s costume was perfect. Why did they have to go and change that? And Thor's new togs suck.

I like those 3 characters I mentioned in modern duds. That said, I'm also a fan of the classic costumes for those characters as well. Either way, I'd buy a modern Nova or Warlock for my collection and I already bought the modern (Oliver Coipel styled) Thor PF and love it. However, I'm not a fan of Thor's current look. With Thor though, I'd get a classic PF too if it looked good. In the end though, I'd have to say I prefer classic costumes 98% of the times. Classic is the iconic version of these characters and that's what I signed up for and want in my collection.

Last edited:
Along the lines of classic costumes, I think Sideshow will visit those again with Captain and Thor on the next go around. I can see it happening. I'm thankful for the versions like this latest ones, but I'm confident will see the classics again. Everyone wins.

Along the lines of classic costumes, I think Sideshow will visit those again with Captain and Thor on the next go around. I can see it happening. I'm thankful for the versions like this latest ones, but I'm confident will see the classics again. Everyone wins.

Nah, i think that book's closed

I agree. Igo even said as much when he mentioned future PFs would come as modernized versions of the characters. I'm going to saving a lot of dollars in the future. The only problem is that my 1/4 collection won't be changing much.

I agree. Igo even said as much when he mentioned future PFs would come as modernized versions of the characters. I'm going to saving a lot of dollars in the future. The only problem is that my 1/4 collection won't be changing much.

I've bought more prints and artwork over that last two years than statues

So you guys don't see them EVER revisiting a classic costume Captain or Thor or whoever the superhero is?

Obviously that's what you're both saying, but I don't see that happening. It may not be the next few years, but they'll be back. I don't believe that for a second, regardless of what was said. Again, just a opinion here, but that would be passing on easy money, IMO.

I've bought more prints and artwork over that last two years than statues

My statue purchases have plummeted. I have only one PO now and the last PF I received was Bane. Between the ever increasing prices and ridiculous made up costumes, sideshow has kept my money in my wallet. I would've easily POd Mags, Cap, and Deathstroke if they were in classic duds. They all end up being passes for me.

So you guys don't see them EVER revisiting a classic costume Captain or Thor or whoever the superhero is?

Obviously that's what you're both saying, but I don't see that happening. It may not be the next few years, but they'll be back. I don't believe that for a second, regardless of what was said. Again, just a opinion here, but that would be passing on easy money, IMO.

I can only go by what Igo said. After all, he is the Art Director for sideshow. I would think he of all people would know what the future has in store for us. When he says it's modernized costumes, I take him at his word.

I can only go by what Igo said. After all, he is the Art Director for sideshow. I would think he of all people would know what the future has in store for us. When he says it's modernized costumes, I take him at his word.

I understand that, but he also said Thanos is 1/4 scale....and most people, including yourself, continue to argue that.

Regardless, I think it's a rather bold statement for him to make that I doubt will be fulfilled. I don't doubt the notion that we'll see more modernization though, and honestly, I welcome that. Again, just my opinion, but I understand where you're coming from as well.

I'd be curious to read the full quote if you come across it again.

Last edited:
Just have to wait and see with this one. Hopefully SSC will make the costume match closer to the classic costume. We know they'll "modernize" it, but hopefully not so much like the Deathstroker PF. I hope ...

I understand that, but he also said Thanos is 1/4 scale....and most people, including yourself, continue to argue that.

Regardless, I think it's a rather bold statement for him to make that I doubt will be fulfilled. I don't doubt the notion that we'll see more modernization though, and honestly, I welcome that. Again, just my opinion, but I understand where you're coming from as well.

I'd be curious to read the full quote if you come across it again.

He mentioned modern costumes going forward during one of the sideshow live events. Proof is in the pudding. Name the last classic PF that was released. It's been awhile. Also, Igo has said a few times that Thanos would be huge and a bit larger than 1/4 scale. It turned out to be true because he's basically 1/3 scale. We have to face facts Chap, there are no classic PFs on the horizon and Igo did state there will be modernized costumes going forward. I see no evidence to the contrary. You have no idea how badly I want to be wrong on this subject.

I hope this daredevil turns out great. I’ve been waiting patiently for one that impresses me. I really wanted to like the XM one but I don’t. Sideshows Daredevil on tombstone and Bowen’s daredevil on gargoyle are my favorites but they are smaller scale. I need an awesome 1/4.

He mentioned modern costumes going forward during one of the sideshow live events. Proof is in the pudding. Name the last classic PF that was released. It's been awhile. Also, Igo has said a few times that Thanos would be huge and a bit larger than 1/4 scale. It turned out to be true because he's basically 1/3 scale. We have to face facts Chap, there are no classic PFs on the horizon and Igo did state there will be modernized costumes going forward.

What do you mean by classic vs modern exactly in this context? this is meant more as an educational - rather than nit-picky - question, coming from someone who doesn't have as much comics background I suspect as many of the collectors here on the boards. Is it mostly a matter of time periods, like 1980s vs 2000s, or more about certain artists, independent of era - or something else?

He mentioned modern costumes going forward during one of the sideshow live events. Proof is in the pudding. Name the last classic PF that was released. It's been awhile. Also, Igo has said a few times that Thanos would be huge and a bit larger than 1/4 scale. It turned out to be true because he's basically 1/3 scale. We have to face facts Chap, there are no classic PFs on the horizon and Igo did state there will be modernized costumes going forward. I see no evidence to the contrary. You have no idea how badly I want to be wrong on this subject.

I don't want pudding with proof in it, filip. I refuse to order it or eat it or anything!!! j/k

I hear ya, I hear ya though. It's just kind of blowing my mind here. It doesn't really make much sense to me, when you're going to have waves of fans that are 'new' to Sideshow wanting a classic outfit. It's now my understanding that the only way that they can get it in 1/4 form is eBay, which is really unfortunate.

I don't want pudding with proof in it, filip. I refuse to order it or eat it or anything!!! j/k

I hear ya, I hear ya though. It's just kind of blowing my mind here. It doesn't really make much sense to me, when you're going to have waves of fans that are 'new' to Sideshow wanting a classic outfit. It's now my understanding that the only way that they can get it in 1/4 form is eBay, which is really unfortunate.

Pay to play :lol

What do you mean by classic vs modern exactly in this context? this is meant more as an educational - rather than nit-picky - question, coming from someone who doesn't have as much comics background I suspect as many of the collectors here on the boards. Is it mostly a matter of time periods, like 1980s vs 2000s, or more about certain artists, independent of era - or something else?

Classic is usually the iconic or most recognizable/popular version of a character. For characters that have been around since the golden and silver age of comics (ex: Cap, Batman, Superman, or Spidey) the classic version of these characters are usually what they looked like over the 60's, 70's, and 80's. These characters costumes remained the same for decades. Because of that, they are considered classic versions. When the New 52 and Marvel Now era came along in comics, many characters costumes were changed or updated to look more modern. Obviously, these are modern costumes and not the classic ones that have been around for decades.

Back