NEW Sideshow Concept Predalien bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the overall design better than the film design... don't like the coloring though. Would look much better in all black.

already put an order in :) but are there any SDCC'09 photos of this piece? really wanna see some unofficial pics! :banana

COMING SOON!

:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy

"Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the PredAlien Concept Bust (item #400020) from our Alien collection [Aliens VS Predator: Requiem, in partnership with Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. (ADI)]. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition collectible, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse in approximately 15 days."

Received my Sideshow Concept Predalien Bust today.

Being a HUGE fan of anything "concept" related, I couldn't be happier with this piece.

This bust is based off of a sculpted Maquette made by Greg Figiel, which is based off artwork by Michael Broom, and THAT artwork was inspired by early concept drawings from Farzad Varahramyan.
All this for some early concept work for the Predalien in AvP:R.

While this design wasn't used, it really is one of the more interesting designs for the Predalien.
Definately more Alien than Predator, it has a real insect-like look to it.

I know alot of people are put off by the hair-like protrusions coming out of the back of it, but I think they work for this design.
And, they do have some texture and aren't just round bits jutting out of it's head.
You can see some of that texture in the last couple of pics.

The paint app is not bad. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the metalic blue/purple coloring on some of it.
That bit of coloring does lend it a more insect like feel. Much like the look of some bugs wings or certain beetle's exoskeletons.

All in all, a killer bust. I can only hope that SS and ADI continue to release more of the concept pieces.

On to the pics...

(The first 2 pics are the early art work and concept sculpt from ADI)

predalienconcept1.jpg

predalienconcept2.jpg

100_0961.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_0957.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0962.jpg

100_0958.jpg

100_0963.jpg

100_0964.jpg

I like alot...great photos!!!
Few questions tho - are the dreads bendable as they seem a little flat compared the proto... Even if they were raised a little to be more to be more spine like? Also i'm guessing the blue/purple colours aren't as bright in real life... Don't suppose you could take a photo without the flash please?
Can't wait to receive mine!!!

I like alot...great photos!!!
Few questions tho - are the dreads bendable as they seem a little flat compared the proto... Even if they were raised a little to be more to be more spine like? Also i'm guessing the blue/purple colours aren't as bright in real life... Don't suppose you could take a photo without the flash please?
Can't wait to receive mine!!!

Thanks...

The dreads are NOT bendable. They are fairly rigid.

I never take pics with flash.
I use a photo tent and lighting rig to take my pics.

So, the colors you see are true to life.

mine arrived today ... really happy with this one & very glad the spines/dreads aren't as flat as i worried. the paintworks amazing too... added in the diorama so u can see how big it actually is ... enjoy!
25012010235.jpg

25012010236.jpg

25012010237.jpg

25012010238.jpg

25012010239.jpg

25012010240.jpg

my pics aren't quite as nice as urs sabres21768 ;-)

I'm going to pick this one up if it ever lands on gift card eligible or something. I know there are not many, but they seem to be lasting. Something about it appeals to me though...

Back