Statue New Ryu Popcultureshock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine in on Friday and I'm pretty happy with it. I used to own the original Ryu and I have to say this is on par with that one. Lot of folks unhappy about the gi but people aren't mentioning the quality of the gi is much better than the last. The fabric used is a higher quaility and gives the ripped sleeves effect a much more realistic look compared to the original where it just looked like scissors just created a jagged pattern. The weathering or staining or whatever you want to call it isn't as horrible as people are screaming about but could've been more subtle in areas. The skin paint application is top notch and the subtle ways the veins are done is really fantastic.

My only wish is that the Udon face sculpt would've been closer to a Super Street Fighter 2 style the way Prototypez is aiming for or even just closer to the original Ryu style face. Just totally biased since thats the game I grew up playing. Need to make a custom head happen!

Overall great job by the team at PCS!

578575c6ebffcad2d04d198c7a0159e6.jpg
66691dc7182b12dfe1cc4a5ac34d9bff.jpg
3c4ff2804a2d4e3fa3115850262fe999.jpg

OH MY GOD!!! After 21 long months of waiting after the heartstopping preorder frenzy, my Ansatsuken Ryu exclusive finally arrived!! A bit shocked since I wasn't even sent a tracking number to tell me it was shipped! But definitely happy it's here! Video review coming up soon!!

I do have some paint app issues with that snarling sculpt though. Will be sending these pics to PCS to see if they can send out a replacement. What do you guys think?

Looks like he is missing teeth on the side of his mouth from some of those angles! To each is own, but those 3 face sculps all look terrible to me. Their is a such a lack of details in all of them, and they all hang on the statue with a very noticeable gap. I have the 10" SFV statue and if it was premium format size it would rank as one of the best depiction of Ryu in statue form.

Here's my video review of the new Pop Culture Shock Ryu Ansatsuken Exclusive statue! It's been a long wait for this piece, but I am so glad to finally have it in the collection. Hope you can check out the review for my thoughts on the pros and cons :)

Back