Statue New Ryu Popcultureshock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weathering is an effect. All of them are gonna be different. Some are bound to look better than others.
That can't be true. Case in point, I've been to conventions where variours vendors had SS Ultron comiquette on display and/or sale. In case you're not familiar w/ this piece, the base and throne is "weathered". Each statue that I saw were almost identical in regards to the "weathering", maybe a slight variation in paint application (blotches, crooked lines,) but nothing like the hot mess that is PCS Ryu.

I have the Ultron Piece. It's the same effect on the Doctor Doom piece's too. You're comparing seeing black wear on a dark metal color which is bound to look very similar to white cloth with very visible yellow stains.
Ryu is weathering on Cloth doing stains. The staining spreads out a little on cloth unlike paint on a solid surface.
I have the Battle Damaged Ryu as does my neighbor. It has stains and a texture of dirt and debris added to him on top of that. Mine had much more black debris than his. Also the black debris had a real debris type effect that if you rub it hard enough, it can come off making it look more different than another same piece. The stains also spread in different patterns. The painters try to hit the same spots but being yellow on white it makes it more visible and noticeable than black on dark metal gray.

They will replace it. Sometimes their response is slow but they always on any item that I received with Damaged exchanged it with no problem.

Yeah , They asked him to send pictures of the statue broken. He feels weird about it so I will be doing it for him..... I am getting a little creative and will post the video on youtube. I am a huge hockey fan so, doing a little skills challenge to see how many shots it takes me to smoke Ryu.

Took a few days but the weather was not cooperating, made a video of me doing hockey skills with RYU. Enjoy !
I had to break the one I had due to damage to receive my replacement. Rebecca told me I could break it as I saw fit !!

https://youtu.be/SPI0KxuqPdI

Got my regular today, i ----ing love this piece! lol

My reg has hardly any yellow staining, its got a touch of it but it's kinda more grey and faded, looks amazing.

Just opened up his Gi and retied his belt ( thanks youtube for teaching me the traditional way to tie them lol ) and he looks stunning!

Tatakai Koka

100_5081_zpsdx8tear1.jpg

100_5082_zpsadaa2idr.jpg

100_5083_zpsqbqzxe9t.jpg

100_5084_zpsezpc61zl.jpg

100_5090_zpsc0txu6cw.jpg

100_5091_zpsmvznoehq.jpg

100_5092_zpsy2g4lt9k.jpg

100_5093_zpsdkxnaees.jpg

100_5094_zpsrrujjxqc.jpg

100_5095_zps0egnznsu.jpg

Back