Statue New Ryu Popcultureshock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, finally got the shipping notice for my preorder! But damn, the shipping to Australia is US$123.09!!! OUCH!!! But I've wanted this for so long I'm just glad that it's finally almost here :)

The PCS email about the shipping payment indicated they dont provide separate invoices or any other confirmation. So how does PCS normally notify collectors that their item has shipped? Do they provide the tracking number etc?

So glad I didn't order the PCS exclusive. Looks like they decided to add "weathering" to Ryu's gi, giving him sweat stains. :lol
tumblr_nxgkwue6QQ1u2p1zqo1_500.jpg

Seriously, it looks like the urinal at work when the sensor doesn't work :slap

The headsculpt is meh, but the public restroom urine yellow "weathering" is like WTF...How can this possibly be a good ideal? Yellowing on white, it just doesn't look right, imo.

any news?? what happened to pcs they seem not care anymore
long period in releasing the actual product yet almost every month they open 2 - 3 po...
really annoying

Pcs who... Don't even bother checking when my Honda or other crap is coming. Literally turtle speed

I have the BD EX on order, also no word from PCS, but I'm willing to wait. It's not like they can just NOT ship my statue right? right? laughs nervously). I was thinking of snagging a reg Ryu to display the extra BD heads on, especially while the pre-order price is at $320 shipped. I like it, I like that they upgraded the Gi fabric to more sturdier material, I also like that the sculpt is more realistic and seems to be painted with a more realistic approach, gives me hope for the 1/3 Akuma coming (in 2029). That said, I DONOT like how he displays next to characters like Gouken and some others that were definitely sculpted in SF4 style and next to Eyu they really look like caricatures! I have Gouken and love it, but nextto this Ryu it seems really disjointed. Thing is, is Gouken too cartoony or is this Ryu sculpt to realistic? I guess that's why they included the Alpha headsculpt, but it just doesn't fit with the body sculpt. Even the arms are done in a realistic style while Goukens is smooth and animated-like.

Not really liking that grimmacing head sculpt, especially on the battle damaged version.

I actually think the first standard head sculpt is the best. Goes well with the pose I think.

Back