NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think most preds are shorter than an average man, here is photographic proof....
attachment.php

LMAO :hi5:

I've had a manager from SS call me for a rather large issue I had with one of their statues and apologize repeatedly to me for what happened. Felt good! :)

Yeah Al - but then you hold a bit of sway with them for another reason :wink1:

. . . and I'm not talking about those old photo's of Tom Gilliland with Taylor Wayne & Glori-Anne Gilbert :)

Put the Unmasked head on today for alternate display option..

I cant stress this enough. Pics and videos don't do it justice.

Fused mandibles and all.. It really looks great. Still prefer the masked version because that is how I remember the Predator.. But the unmasked head is the better of the two I think. Unfortunately its the one with the issues.

Put the Unmasked head on today for alternate display option..

I cant stress this enough. Pics and videos don't do it justice.

Fused mandibles and all.. It really looks great. Still prefer the masked version because that is how I remember the Predator.. But the unmasked head is the better of the two I think. Unfortunately its the one with the issues.

A friend who just received his over the weekend said the same thing. He said he was surprised how good it looked in person and said pics and videos didn't do it justice. Said he loves the statue and it looks amazing in person. His heads are also rock solid...there is no movement at all once they are in place, so there are definitely good ones out there. He said the statue was surprisingly really good quality and much better than the P2, which he also owns.

A friend who just received his over the weekend said the same thing. He said he was surprised how good it looked in person and said pics and videos didn't do it justice. Said he loves the statue and it looks amazing in person. His heads are also rock solid...there is no movement at all once they are in place, so there are definitely good ones out there. He said the statue was surprisingly really good quality and much better than the P2, which he also owns.

Was this the fella? (would be a big coincidence if so) . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J18PynrA_a4

Yeah its very unfortunate that the magnet issue is out there.. I really think that this would be considered a home run... Well at least a triple had it not had that issue.. Yes it has its inaccuracies but the quality and presence is there.

Cool that your friend got a good one.. The unmasked head really is impressive in person..

Still very much looing forward to Prime 1 offerings.. I am out if its 1/3 scale though... Unless its the ultimate of the ultimate Predator sculpts :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYoMNgOfbE
(* sorry bud - couldn't resist :) *)​

:lol I love Regan :)

I guess I should have said to those that liked it in the first place.. But as I said before.. When in hand pics first showed up and the comparison photos with the original Maquette started to appear.. The quality in the new piece seemed to be there... The slams on this piece were not nearly as harsh as they had been. I would say that some of the naysayers were even being kind or at least were not throwing constant insults at the piece (Which in this thread is really saying something).. BUT then Headgate happened and this piece was doomed for all time :lol

As much as I like it, I can't defend the piece like I would like.

In hand this piece looks great. The unmasked head is really good (great even). Even with stupid lower mandibles being fused together. Fixed head magnet and I would be 100% happy minus the leg armor..

Those that own it (without issues) seem to be happy thus the triple I was talking about... BUT... Headgate makes it impossible to truly defend. Because as much as I like it that magnet can be a major issue for most and it has been the area of focus for the past 5 pages.. Understandably so.

If these magnets worked like the were supposed to I would have no problem defending this piece against any of the other mass produced Predator statues.. Including the SWS version as I think there are things about this version that outshine the other.

But now... Even though I still love mine.. Nope.. That is a unforgivable issue that SSC seems to be willing to ignore. :(

Back