NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As expected - they look great together - and (as predicted) seem to be perfectly in scale.

I'm quite pleased I estimated the side-by-side accurately over a year ago :lol (middle shot)

Really happy for you bud!
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Hmm, not sure I agree. I never got the impression that the Predator's head was *that* much bigger than Dutch's in the movie.

predator__1.jpg

That being said the statues actually look pretty awesome together and it almost looks like the Pred is looking down at Dutch. :rock

Hmm, not sure I agree. I never got the impression that the Predator's head was *that* much bigger than Dutch's in the movie.

That being said the statues actually look pretty awesome together and it almost looks like the Pred is looking down at Dutch. :rock

Remember the Sideshow masked head is larger than it should be for the statue's body - we've been calling him the bobble-head Pred all along.

The head makes Dutch’s head look like a peanut. A 1/2 scale head on a less than 1/3 scale body giving you that bobble head feel. Just need to insert a spring in his kneck and tap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oversized or not he’s way bigger than in the movie compared to Dutch.

When I look at mine in person the mask doesn’t really look as oversized and again I think it’s huge to Dutch because the statues are not in scale together. It’s close but not right.

I was also thinking maybe that angle of the top of the mask is why at some angels it looks huge and it is not so bad in person.

Oversized or not he’s way bigger than in the movie compared to Dutch.

When I look at mine in person the mask doesn’t really look as oversized and again I think it’s huge to Dutch because the statues are not in scale together. It’s close but not right.

I was also thinking maybe that angle of the top of the mask is why at some angels it looks huge and it is not so bad in person.

It’s definitely due to perception because the statue has a slight forward lean and most of people’s photos are angled from above.

Compare it my low angle shot on the previous page and the Sideshow one above that’s taken straight on. No oversized helmet issue on those.

The "best" is always a subjective thing. I like these two myself and I still need to find the second one myself....

https://bottleneckgallery.com/products/florey-predator

https://bottleneckgallery.com/collections/matt-ferguson/products/matt-ferguson-thrill-of-the-hunt

I've nudged you twice on that Matt Ferguson print - next time buy the blimmin' thing :lol

PS: - That's MY fave as well :) (* closely followed by the Killian Eng piece - https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/208520 *)

Maybe “best” wasn’t the word. More like “most favorite that’s reasonably priced”:lol

I’d love to own that Florey one but I missed out and I’m not paying eBay asking prices.

I've nudged you twice on that Matt Ferguson print - next time buy the blimmin' thing :lol

I only remember the once, you're better to me than I give you credit for :lol

Maybe “best” wasn’t the word. More like “most favorite that’s reasonably priced”:lol

I’d love to own that Florey one but I missed out and I’m not paying eBay asking prices.

I really like the Florey Alien & Predator set, they have a great look to them with a nice mixture of greys and just the right amount of eye catching colour. I am actually going to finally get mine framed and hung up this month! Just trying to decide if a grey or white matting will look better...

So, SS Returns Manager actually called me today and went out of his way to apologize and smooth things over with how I was handled. It was for sure refreshing to see them make an effort on their part. Again, this was really the only bad experience I had with them. I think I may still end up just getting a refund, but I told him I'd need some time to think about things.

I ended up just going with a full refund. They did a good job making things right, but this whole situation just left me not wanting it. I am happy for those who are happy though!

Back