NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Example of Camera angle distorting the look...

27337221_2041224985889500_2949035165993883062_n.jpgIMG_1119.JPG

Oh and Heavy Metal Spike.. I don't care how much you beg.. You are not gonna get that new Base display for the heads form me..

You mean the laminated chipboard?

PS: the unmasked head looks much better in the new photograph angles (shame it doesn't look like that on the body ).

Those comparison shots made this look better than P2 maquette already. Looks like they're actually painting it with airbrush + coating it properly this time. Maybe it's the same factory which provided Thanos oT.

You mean the laminated chipboard?
:lol
PS: the unmasked head looks much better at the angles you photographed it (shame it doesn't look like that on the body ).

Hmmmmm I think it does though.. Because Your Eyes allow for the 3 dimensional look that a camera can;t capture.. I will have to put it back on and give you my honest opinion tonight and get some more pics.

Just received mine today. The heads both have the loose, not properly seating issue and the skull has the grey eye.
My in hand opinion is that it is very nice and I am in no way disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think these pics are a fair representation of what it looks like in hand. IMO it looks pretty movie accurate.. If the Lower Mandibles were not touching it would be very close IMO...

View attachment 392218View attachment 392220

Oh wow! Yes that looks much better. Can't believe how much different it looks. As you say, its a fairly close representation to what you see in the movie, minus the fused mandibles. I'm very excited to get mine now! I just hope the heads are ok...

Nice pictures Jaws! The thing with the head is it is tilt a little downward, thus making the lower jaw 'longer' when picture are taken head on (front),and nearer to the camera (making it even larger). I agree though that they should have not fused the lower mandibles together. I hope the next batch don't have this issue with the heads....:pray:

Probably there are customizers who will separate the mandibles, or maybe widen the groove between them, maybe with a dremel or exacto, and re-touch the paint, making them look less fused.

I think we need a round up of how many people have got this statue and how many have the magnet/head issue.
Maybe do a poll so people can say yes or no ?

Def gonfor the Dog.

Yeah, I had absolutely no intentions in getting this statue, the Dog Alien on the other hand, I did.

But I bought the Iron Studios Vader as well as BW Megatron, 2 big pieces, and it’s setting me back from spending $1,700 on said Dog..

I’m gonna try and squeeze the Dog in towards the summer when a lot of things are paid off.

I also bought both 1/4 Bats and Joker... those are just now getting paid off. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is an option for you, it seems like the easiest decision in the history of space & time. There will be another P1 eventually.

Well, truth be told my main reason is that I don't have room for it. I love it, but it's not for the space-challenged like me.

Back