NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, truth be told my main reason is that I don't have room for it. I love it, but it's not for the space-challenged like me.

Truth be told, neither do I, well I have space as I have a whole room in my new house, I just don't have any idea what I'll put this beast on. But while I'd have preferred it in 1/4, I simply couldn't miss it. Their Predators will hopefully have smaller footprints given that they stand vertical unlike the dog.

To be honest I really love everything about the Dog Alien but space is limited. So had to pass on this one. But boy does it look phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space can be made but a sold out statue cannot!

I said way back the angle makes the head look long. I posted the statue vs screenshot so you can see how different the paint is. It’s not even close on top but mine comes tomorrow and I have his spot all ready. Excited and dissatisfied all in one. Heads are gonna roll at SS.

Space can be made but a sold out statue cannot!

I said way back the angle makes the head look long. I posted the statue vs screenshot so you can see how different the paint is. It’s not even close on top but mine comes tomorrow and I have his spot all ready. Excited and dissatisfied all in one. Heads are gonna roll at SS.

Goodluck!

Dog looks good but I don't collect statues that go horizontal/ have dramatic action pose anymore for they required too much space to display properly. You could "cram" statues with museum pose together easier than those with action/horizontal pose, for they don't look as much like oversized toys you just left right there in your sandbox IMO.

Keep it if you don't intend to buy new desk/ cabinet for Dog. Otherwise, it's your decision.

Dog looks good but I don't collect statues that go horizontal anymore for they required too much space to display properly. You could "cram" statues with museum pose together easier for they don't look as much like oversized toys that were left in your sandbox IMO.

I agree. I actually hate cramming statues together. It’s too distracting to me. I also love pairing stuff properly to scale. Not easy to do but it makes everything look better in my opinion

I just want to ask, when you place the unmasked/bio mask heads into the neck area, do they fall out by themselves, or is it only if you tap the heads slightly?

Et tu Rebecca ?!?!?! - here I am trying desperately NOT to shell-out on that PRIME Dog Alien, and you post pics of it in THIS thread !!!!!

It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Lol, sorry Spike! I'll give you a warning to avert your eyes next time :lol

Sideshow must give us proper head!

:monkey3

Or at least neck with better suction!

BWAHAHA!! You guys crack me up! :rotfl

I have some general grievances with this piece including the thigh armour, missing spine trophy, fused mandibles etc. But at the same time I can see how people can look past those and enjoy the piece. I do however, find the loose heads problem to be completely unacceptable IMO. That is really shoddy work.

BWAHAHA!! You guys crack me up! :rotfl

I have some general grievances with this piece including the thigh armour, missing spine trophy, fused mandibles etc. But at the same time I can see how people can look past those and enjoy the piece. I do however, find the loose heads problem to be completely unacceptable IMO. That is really shoddy work.[/QUOTE]

Dear Sisko forgive my fellow collectors as they are usually well behaved. It’s just that when viewing this predator from a semi Birdseye view it does for some strange reason remind me of a pissed off fish!
ccf4ca163ce6ed7fa8c0809de9b83ea3.jpg

Well, I heard back from SS support...I assume it took them some time for management to form a canned response to these issues. It was, the stupidest response I have ever heard, and I feel dumber for having listened to it.

That's all I have to say for now, as I don't want to get into it and let it ruin my day. This POS will be boxed up this weekend and returned.

Well, I heard back from SS support...I assume it took them some time for management to form a canned response to these issues. It was, the stupidest response I have ever heard, and I feel dumber for having listened to it.

That's all I have to say for now, as I don't want to get into it and let it ruin my day. This POS will be boxed up this weekend and returned.

What did they say bro , could do with knowing as myself is wondering if to cancel or not before it ships at the end of the month.

I'm sorry to hear that burtial. Is there no way you can fix the loose gead easily yourself?

Oh, I can fix it easy, but now it's personal. And I won't ever be able to look at the statue anymore in a positive light after this. I'll comment more later tonight. At work now.

Errrgh, sorry to hear this. It comes to something when even the people who are willing to look passed the constant silly issues on their Predators are being pushed away at the finish line. Bad times.

I am intreagued about what might have been said however...

Oh, I can fix it easy, but now it's personal. And I won't ever be able to look at the statue anymore in a positive light after this. I'll comment more later tonight. At work now.

Oh crap.

I dread to think what they've come up with now :slap

Sorry for the extra aggravation Jason - you of all people do NOT deserve it!

Take heart from upcoming PRIME1 stuff AND this announcement - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...io-predator-predator-2-predators-licence.html

"Infinity Studio gets Predator/Predator 2/Predators licence"

(* thanks to xpl0sive for the news + darkmummy for pics *)​

Back