NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to it bud
thumb2.gif

Seriously though - don't rush on our account - take your time to do it how YOU want to.

Hey Spike.. Check you PM box

Never mind... You did.

Does anyone think the exclusive would be more appealing with a name plate like they use to do on the LSB line???

Not that sideshow would do it because the tight asses couldnt even include one with the wolf LSB

^
^
Name plate? You mean like new Terminator pf? I preferred alternate hand like this more. Name plate isn't hard to create so I can just do-it-myself.

Was just thinking seems we are paying more maybe sideshow could include more. Like i know the alternate hand adds to the piece thats why i ordered it but seriously why not add more to the exclusive to increase its value later on.

Received mine.. Right had has two broken fingers and a broken blade :( contacted SSC.. Glued it all together but blade looks like crap and fingers nails are broke a bit too short and I cant find the little pieces.

Also have issues with the Head (unmasked) not fitting properly and no magnet.

Contacted SSC on that also.

Other then that its very nice. Paint apps on it are great. Surprised I like the Unmasked head as much as I do and the non exclusive hand looks better on display to my eyes. He looks more ready to kick ass.

Will post pics later.. Have to try and fix it so its presentable. Hope I get a replacement part.

Hope you get your replacements soon Jaws. It seems they ship these in batches. I ordered mine on day one and my last payment was pushed back to the 25th this month.

For those of you who have loose heads, have you tried inserting a magnet between the contact points?

I have. It helps, but it still doesn't latch on strongly enough to give me confidence. I'm going to try and find a stronger magnet. BOTH of my heads don't fit worth a crap. Seriously, how can you charge $1,300 and ship this out? I assume there is ZERO quality control occurring at SS.

Yeah they also said that they ship all preorders first before any orders placed after but I bet that’s horse crap. Only way you find out is when someone posts how they just ordered it and it shipped. They possibly got sick of people that PO complaining others got theirs first that didn’t.

I always get mine last due to location in Florida so I can’t win lol I just know all the bad news ahead of time of course unless it’s a statue like the IS Vader where I most saw good news. It’s an excitement killer when SS ships out and we see all these issues before it gets to me.

I am going to see what I get but I was close to canceling prior to shipping after the headless Predator issues. That really is stupid. So what the helmet has a better magnet or just fits better.

I have. It helps, but it still doesn't latch on strongly enough to give me confidence. I'm going to try and find a stronger magnet. BOTH of my heads don't fit worth a crap. Seriously, how can you charge $1,300 and ship this out? I assume there is ZERO quality control occurring at SS.

I’d rather wrap it in like PVC tape to snug it up before using a magnet. Won’t his head be too high up. Even paper towel wrapped around it I’ll try first of course over a blanket :rotfl

Sad to see so many issues. I've made my thoughts fairly clear about this being a bit of a lackluster release, but I obviously genuinely hoped what was delivered would have been of a high quality for those who gave it a chance in person. Here's to hoping that Sideshow sort it for you all. Otherwise you know what is coming down the line, money saved here may well end up going towards great things eventually so all wont necessarily be lost if these particular P1's don't deliver...

I’d rather wrap it in like PVC tape to snug it up before using a magnet. Won’t his head be too high up. Even paper towel wrapped around it I’ll try first of course over a blanket :rotfl

LOL The best I can tell (for my case anyway) is that it's not necessarily a loose neck pocket. The dreads are not in the correct place, which is not allowing the neck joint to fully seat. There is a good 3-4mm gap at the bottom, which of course does not allow the two magnets to make a connection. And since the neck joint is tapered, with the head sticking up 3-4mm, it seems like it is loose around the slot, but if it was allowed to fully seat it would be fine.

Last edited:
LOL The best I can tell (for my case anyway) is that it's not necessarily a loose neck pocket. The dreads are not in the correct place, which is not allowing the neck joint to fully seat. There is a good 3-4mm gap at the bottom, which of course does not allow the two magnets to make a connection. And since the neck joint is tapered, with the head sticking up 3-4mm, it seems like it is loose around the slot, but if it was allowed to fully seat it would be fine.

I mate can you do a close up photo of the 4mm gap and the head not seating properly please .... I was on sideshow chat lastnight bitching about this and they never heard of the problem (rolleyes) .... mine ain't shipped yet but this is really upsetting my purchase big time and debating if to cancel or not.

Will taping the neck joint with teflon tape do it? Sounds like you need to re-position the misplaced dreds in order to fix this.

I mate can you do a close up photo of the 4mm gap and the head not seating properly please .... I was on sideshow chat lastnight bitching about this and they never heard of the problem (rolleyes) .... mine ain't shipped yet but this is really upsetting my purchase big time and debating if to cancel or not.

It's not something you can really take a photo of, but I have a video and so do others. There is ZERO chance they have never heard of this issue. Maybe that particular person in the chat hadn't, but SS HAS to know about this by now. The only way I know there is a gap is because I stuck a piece of clay on the bottom of the head and inserted it into the body. The clay only started to make contact with the body at 3-4mm, so that is the depth of the void in the socket.

Will taping the neck joint with teflon tape do it? Sounds like you need to re-position the misplaced dreds in order to fix this.

They are fixed into place. Best I can tell there is no fixing the dreads without some very major reworking if you have this issue.

And wrapping teflon tape around the joint? Like when you fix pipe drain?

Teflon_tape_wound_around_threaded_pipe920ad33814ca4d7599ff5c72390c3e5b.jpg

It's not something you can really take a photo of, but I have a video and so do others. There is ZERO chance they have never heard of this issue. Maybe that particular person in the chat hadn't, but SS HAS to know about this by now. The only way I know there is a gap is because I stuck a piece of clay on the bottom of the head and inserted it into the body. The clay only started to make contact with the body at 3-4mm, so that is the depth of the void in the socket.

This is just crazy mate for the money this thing costs ! ...... In the chat they said if mine as a issue they will deal with it after shipping.
That is just crazy when I am in the UK , you would of thought they would address this now instead of waiting for them to ship around the world to unhappy customers.

Back