NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so excited to receive this, but after seeing the Wolf LSB I'm now dreading it. Kind of wish I hadn't pre-ordered and just waited.

I'm hoping that they do an 'out of the box' video beforehand or something, or update the page with production shots before it's released so I can decide whether to keep or not.

Last edited:
Ain't it obvious? SS' Paintjob is bounded to be mediocre (at least). It WILL look bad on camera but look OK in person for how massive this piece is, much like P2 maquette. I actually like that piece for what it is since I got it for discounted price and I set low hopes for it, really.

I didn't PO'ed this one though cuz I ain't into P1 as much as I did to P2, so best wishes for you.

Ain't it obvious? SS' Paintjob is bounded to be mediocre (at least). It WILL look bad on camera but look OK in person for how massive this piece is, much like P2 maquette. I actually like that piece for what it is since I got it for discounted price and I set low hopes for it, really.

I didn't PO'ed this one though cuz I ain't into P1 as much as I did to P2, so best wishes for you.

Well I don't own the Predator 2 Maquette but I have seen it in person and I quite liked it, so I based my decision to order the P1 Maquette on that really, as Jungle Hunter is the only predator I'm interested in. If it turns out like the P2 Maquette as far as paint and quality goes, I'll be happy.

From one P2 fan to another, don't forget we have this to save for... :yess:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...light=prime+Predator&highlight=prime+Predator

I didn't like the p2 maquette much, even in person I don't think if it was worth it.

It wasnt. I got it repainted and modified and I still did not want it. I wound up selling it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had mine repainted and quilled. It's much better but still not amazing. I'm hoping this Wolf disaster is encouragement for them to step it up on the Jungle Hunter so as not to let Pred fans down yet again. I'll let this one come to me and if I'm happy, I'll enjoy displaying the two together. If not, I'll return it and sell the P2. This of course all hinges on what Prime1 does. I may not want either after seeing those.

I've seen the Ex P2 selling for hundreds less than retail now. Even for guys that like this, don't you think this will be just as easily attainable? Why risk wasting your money here...

I've seen the Ex P2 selling for hundreds less than retail now. Even for guys that like this, don't you think this will be just as easily attainable? Why risk wasting your money here...

That's a good point. I have the one that was customized and also another untouched EX I'm trying to sell. I have it down to $1K right now and still no bites.

That's a good point. I have the one that was customized and also another untouched EX I'm trying to sell. I have it down to $1K right now and still no bites.

I think word spread fast that Prime is coming out with the 1/3 P2, so that's why nobody wants that one. I was lucky I got the SS version heavily discounted and then sold it for slightly above retail soon after. I just couldn't accept it even with the discount.

This one is already set up for failure.
Sideshow has stated they will not increase the girth around his waist (too skinny) and the thigh armor is not going to be repositioned to its correct location. It's got both these strikes against it and we haven't even talked about the paint app yet. LOL!

I have no issue with the waist, seems fine to me. Thigh armour yes, but it doesn't bother me enough to not want it. I just hope the paint job is decent.

I only pre-ordered coz I wanted the ex and thought it might sell out, being the Jungle Hunter which is much more popular than the City Hunter.

Anyway, despite what some people think of the P2 Maquette, I liked it when I saw it in person, so if this comes out at that level of quality at least, I'll be happy enough to keep it.

600 Ex and still available a year later?!

That has more to it than price. They allocated 500 $700 Iron men in 4 hours last night :lol

I'm dreading this release and didn't even order.

600 Ex and still available a year later?!

That has more to it than price. They allocated 500 $700 Iron men in 4 hours last night :lol

I'm dreading this release and didn't even order.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised as I thought it would've at least got close to selling out by now. I did order late as well.

The Iron Man comparison isn't a fair one though. Marvel statues are extremely popular, especially Iron Man. It also happens to be the best looking Iron Man statue Sideshow has done and from the best armour as well.

When it comes to Marvel/Iron Man, there's no comparison as far as popularity goes. I'm willing to bet even if this Predator sculpt was perfect, they'd still struggle to sell out before release at a price of $1250.

I want that Iron Man statue as well, but let's be honest, it's a slim chance that it'll look as good as the proto. I did want the Ex, but at that price and after what I've seen with the Wolf bust, I'm just not willing to take the gamble. Same applies with any Sideshow piece going forward from now on. For us international guys, it's just too risky. I do hope it turns out great though as I still want it, and would be happy to settle for the reg if it turns out nice.

In saying that, the bloody skull was a must for me on this piece, but still not a great ex. Not sure what else they could have done...perhaps another portrait with open mandibles?

:lol :lol when was the last time Sideshow made a decent Ex? Honestly.

I really hate EX or FAIL, especially something like Jungle Hunter 1/5 statue. WTH are they thinking with that one? And yes, extra head with open mandibles will do a good EX. NOT extra unmasked head and a whole sets of wonder while REG has none.

Back