NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture you posted looks more elongated because he's looking down showing more of the crown.

Look forward to seeing your pictures/views once it ships.

I was thinking of one persons comments. I should have said Not the abomination someone seems to think it is...

I am not making excuses for the face sculpt looking like PREDATORS... I was just stating that it looks like it looks like it. My "not an abomination" comment was about the statue as a whole.

I hold nothing against the valid criticism here...

Hell I am not a Predator Freak like most of you guys.. I am just giving my two cents :)

LOL - 3rd edit on your post - I was having trouble keeping track :)

Give 4 cents - it's inflation! (* and your input is as important as everyone elses dude! *)

If the ES is low remember the people who said im out. They will all buy and have a valid excuse like " The code made me do it". Said it in the predator 2 thread and im saying it now. These are the same guys who blasted me in the Wolf Maquette thread when i posted that a Sideshow rep told me that they were going to stop sells why they were crying over the leg netting. They were like why would they tell you."because he did you broke chumps". Then boom it was over and they were like damn i missed it.

Not trying to make anyone mad, but this is the pattern, go to each forum see who say i pass and chose to buy.

"Dont get mad im only being real" Tupac (all eyes on me)

Like Vic says " Collect what you like"

If the ES is low remember the people who said im out. They will all buy and have a valid excuse like " The code made me do it". Said it in the predator 2 thread and im saying it now. These are the same guys who blasted me in the Wolf Maquette thread when i posted that a Sideshow rep told me that they were going to stop sells why they were crying over the leg netting. They were like why would they tell you."because he did you broke chumps". Then boom it was over and they were like damn i missed it.

Not trying to make anyone mad, but this is the pattern, go to each forum see who say i pass and chose to buy.

"Dont get mad im only being real" Tupac (all eyes on me)

Like Vic says " Collect what you like"

Who are these guys? - we need names!

no need to name but they know everything about the predator.......more than stan winston

Sounds like they are cool guys! I'd share a beer with them anyways.

Way better than those folks that go on-and-on about Star Wars or Sports or Politics or stuff.

THIS is what's important!

BTW - can't believe you're selling the Narin "Encounter" kit - you should have got Raf or Joe or Steve et-all to build for you. It's a good job you said on the listing that it was a numbered / signed original - I VeRO all the recasts for Narin :)

I want too and i talked to Joe, its a pretty penny and i rather someone else have it because im in the military and they dont pack well. I may keep it and just get it painted after i retire and buy a home in a few months.

thumb2.gif

The picture you posted looks more elongated because he's looking down showing more of the crown.

Look forward to seeing your pictures/views once it ships.

So it is from Predator 1??? I thought the same thing about the fact he was looking down.. I just would not think it would have that much of an impact as to have it look like the maquette....

Oh I will post pics and give a very honest opinion..... two years from now after it finally ships :lol

LOL - 3rd edit on your post - I was having trouble keeping track :)

Give 4 cents - it's inflation! (* and your input is as important as everyone elses dude! *)

:lol I just wanted to make sure I was putting the right thoughts down. You should always wait 15 min for me to put up my final edit :lol

As for my input.. I am not a noob when it comes to Predator. Just not a super fan like most here. I hade three of the 1/5 maquettes (Jungle, Wolf, and Elder) got them all at the same time.. Was let down by all three at the same time :lol 1/5 scale is the wrong scale for these... Hell I would say they were smaller because 1/5 scale predator should at least e the same size as 1/4 anything else. But they were also just a little cheap looking. So far the Neca Predator has been my fav (that I have owned) but I even sold that because it looked too much like an action figure. Great detail though for an action figure. Of course I had to get the Kenner toys when they came out way back when.

I am hoping the size, detail, and quality blows me away with this one. I really want a Predator for my collection.

So - some of us instinctively feel this is “off”, while others think it’s fine.

Rather than going on instinct and “gut feel” (ironic given what is to follow), I thought I’d try to accurately quantify what some people are seeing.

Please note that this is not meant to dissuade people from ordering.

I used one of the pics that JAWS (and others) have posted here & elsewhere, along with one of Sideshow’s. I used the exact same pics (not rescaled) for both vertical & horizontal comparisons.

• As you can (hopefully) now see – they have done a great job vertically (first pic), but it is the “heft” (his body bulk in the other 2 directions - front-to-back & side-to-side) that is out. The net result is that he looks anorexic - WAY too skinny, and it makes the bio mask look too big for his body.
    [*]This also shows the issue with the thigh armour.

I’ll do the same with a full frontal shot (oooh-errr nurse!) if I can find suitable pics.

Comparison%2001%20-%20height_zpsutskjmwf.jpg
Comparison%2002%20-%20thickness_zpsvovebcdn.jpg

So - some of us instinctively feel this is “off”, while others think it’s fine.

Rather than going on instinct and “gut feel” (ironic given what is to follow), I thought I’d try to accurately quantify what some people are seeing.

Please note that this is not meant to dissuade people from ordering.

I used one of the pics that JAWS (and others) have posted here & elsewhere, along with one of Sideshow’s. I used the exact same pics (not rescaled) for both vertical & horizontal comparisons.

• As you can (hopefully) now see – they have done a great job vertically (first pic), but it is the “heft” (his body bulk in the other 2 directions - front-to-back & side-to-side) that is out. The net result is that he looks anorexic - WAY too skinny, and it makes the bio mask look too big for his body.
    [*]This also shows the issue with the thigh armour.

I’ll do the same with a full frontal shot (oooh-errr nurse!) if I can find suitable pics.

Comparison%2001%20-%20height_zpsutskjmwf.jpg
Comparison%2002%20-%20thickness_zpsvovebcdn.jpg

:lol It's been a long time since I have seen one of these.. I think the last one was in the T1 or T2 PF or Enterbay thread :)

Nothing is ever going to line up like the actual suit/characters for the films... Except for maybe NECA :lol

I think it's a bit hard to tell since his right arm is up a bit high and is covering his waist thus giving him a bulkier look from the Maquette, where you can see his waist. His arms seem to be the right size... His waist seems to be the only skinny part (maybe). Perhaps this is what Predator looks like after P90X

Anyways well done... I think it shows what we are all saying... It looks good but not perfect. Some can live with it some can't. I am happy I can love with it. :)

:lol It's been a long time since I have seen one of these.. I think the last one was in the T1 or T2 PF or Enterbay thread . . .

I did one for the CoolProps 1:1 P2 bust to show it was 100% accurate as regards the cast - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...10-predator-2-lifesize-bust-coolprops-13.html

. . . Anyways well done... I think it shows what we are all saying... It looks good but not perfect. Some can live with it some can't. I am happy I can love with it. :)

Thanks - and what you do with your Predator collectibles is TOTALLY up to you :naughty

Back