NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested to see the list of the issues people have with this based on what we've seen so far and how the severity of these problems could be ranked.

1. Right thigh amour shifted out of place
2. Helmet too big (and/or body too thin overall?)
3. Lower jaw area too long
4. Too much space between the top of the bio helmet and the head
5. Missing spine trophy on the back
6. The pose looks.... **** erotic?

Am I missing anything or is it just the entire statue as a whole that is completely off and a list is pointless? Like Sideshow is trying to pass off a painted turd for the Predator.

Yeah, it's missing multiple hoses (backpack etc.)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This thing is all sorts of bad. Really, really bad. Even by predator standards that is one ugly mother ******er!!!

Bad as in I have a five year old niece that could make a better approximation of the original predator. This thing is awful! But to answer the question, "bad" as in Terrible!

Bad as in I have a five year old niece that could make a better approximation of the original predator. This thing is awful! But to answer the question, "bad" as in Terrible!

That's pretty impressive - at five - wow!

Even more so when you consider how many years these artists have been crafting a skill that very few people have.

You should get her to send a few predator sculpts to Sideshow.

Do you have a 5-year-old Nephew that is a brain surgeon as well?

I think the statue looks pretty sick (as in "man that's sick" I.e. Good) I agree it's glaringly missing a lot of things but the pose doesn't look effeminate to me. P1 posed very fluid and arching in the film. I think the sculpt and paint (in proto) looks really nice and I like the simple jungle base...a puddle would be nice, I like puddles on jungle bases. If I didn't have so much on pre order I'd get this.....of course I preordered the wolf lsb and got a lot of heat for doing so haha! I collect what I like.

Is this actually likely to ship April 2018? Do Sideshow generally stick to the ETA shipping dates? For the small amoubt I could pay off monthly on a flex payment I'd consider buying this if it truly was indeed to ship at that time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is this actually likely to ship April 2018? Do Sideshow generally stick to the ETA shipping dates? For the small amoubt I could pay off monthly on a flex payment I'd consider buying this if it truly was indeed to ship at that time.

Where did you get the date from mate? The dates I see show "Est. Arrival: Nov 2017 - Jan 2018".

Sideshow sometimes meet the date, but mostly tend to slip by 2-4 months (at least with the items I've bought over the last 12 years).

This thing is all sorts of bad. Really, really bad. Even by predator standards that is one ugly mother ******er!!!

giphy.gif

Where did you get the date from mate? The dates I see show "Est. Arrival: Nov 2017 - Jan 2018".

Sideshow sometimes meet the date, but mostly tend to slip by 2-4 months (at least with the items I've bought over the last 12 years).

Sorry I'm being somewhat selfish with my post. It was from a UK dealer so if it was to reach you guys State side late 2017, early 2018 probably sounds about right for us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just realized the base does have a little puddle :yess:

I went looking for it. It is a *very* little puddle, but it's there! I'll be ordering this guy but I prefer to wait until the ES is posted. The thigh armour is off and the face looks a bit long, but I'll probably be displaying him with the biomask on anyway. I'm a sucker for Preds so I can't pass him up.

you guys honestly, crap is crap. I call it how I see it, this statue looks awful, if they have spent years honing their skills I would say they need to take a few more before they start trying to sell a product under a major license and with a big name company like sideshow. Me personally I feel bad for the sculptors with how bad this looks, this should never have been approved with so many glaring issues, quality control should have jumped all over this....Hell the artists should have just taken a little more time to perfect it. But regardless this is what we are given and for me it stands as sub par, especially that face, God awful.

It's like this with so many statues. Some love it, some hate it. People critique them, but you're preaching to the choir. SS isn't listening either. If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, pass. Either way the exact same debate will start with the next statue. I guess that's why this place is here, so people can keep repeating themselves. I won't even bring up the famous Einstein quote that pertains to this.

Back