New Poll - who would you buy from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you definitely buy?

• Marion (any outfit)

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Ceremonial Belloq

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Mola Ram

Votes: 77 70.6%
  • Sallah

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • Deitrich

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Irina Spalko

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Willie

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Mutt Williams

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Donovan

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Grail Knight

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Besides Indy, there aren't a lot of characters that make interesting action figures.

But I thought a poll would be in order about now - select all the characters you would definitely purchase at current SSC prices.

No Sallah, or Shortround? I'd rather have them or even Elsa then Donovan...

No White Dress Marion either?

Last edited:
Mola Ram is my No. 1 request at this point. I also voted for Ceremonial Belloq, only for Sideshow to redeem themselves with Cairo Belloq, and I voted for Tibet outfit Marion. I want a Marion, but the Cairo outfit is just too common of a look. I'd like something different.

The others listed I'm just not interested in enough to pay Sideshow prices. Maybe Willie, but that's stretching it. But I do want a Sallah and Shorty.

After seeing the Indy in German disguise, Dietrich would be a no go for me... too easy to kitbash with higher quality German gear already available on the market.. and for much less in cost..

In terms of popularity/importance and costume design/visual interest, Mola Ram seems like a no-brainer. I'm not into the 12" line and I really hope to see him as a PF, but he'd be a nice figure.

I'm also partial to Map Room Indy. (I had the Kenner version as a kid.)

Marion (White Dress and Streets of Cairo)
Sallah
Indy Map Room

I love all things Indy, but ALL THINGS RAIDERS FIRST!

The only character I'd consider would be Mola Ram, but I think the exposed neck, shoulder and arms joints on the pro body would look pretty bad - especially when you consider Sideshow's seeming inability to match head and hand sculpt colour to body colour (Toht and German Indy were quite a way off from the pictures I saw).

Marion in the Well of the Souls outfit (White Dress), would be my top pick. Sallah is close behind, Short Round would be next.

What I would really like a Raiders Marcus ... someone needs to warn Indy, right? "It's not something to be taken lightly .... no one knows it secrets, it's like nothing you've ever gone after before."

Based on how things are coming out, we will be lucky to get three to four releases a year? So, I would think that Sideshow will keep the Indy line going whereas to be part of the promotional energy of the next film (I would think that will happen eventually).

This thread is interesting, but I see a few factors that bring out flaws in the answers.

1) Many will not unconditionally buy their answers, it will rely upon chosen look and quality of execution and final production quality for them to fully commit money to an order.

2) Many folks can say yes today financially, but when the chips are down and it's time to pay for it, their selections could be the least important things they need to pay for at that time and the figures cancelled.

The problem with asking people what they want is there's plenty of room for them to not follow through with their answers.

Even I, voted Mola Ram, but depending on a number of factors, I can't guarantee I'd follow through on the order, and if Marion were in her bar costume from Raiders, I'd get her but anything else probably not.

short round, sallah and mola ram would be great. id be happy with a thugee too and willie in her club obi wan outfit could look amazing. other than that any marion outfit from raiders

satipo would be interesting too, with 2nd skewered head, tarantulas and a torch

This thread is interesting, but I see a few factors that bring out flaws in the answers.

1) Many will not unconditionally buy their answers, it will rely upon chosen look and quality of execution and final production quality for them to fully commit money to an order.

2) Many folks can say yes today financially, but when the chips are down and it's time to pay for it, their selections could be the least important things they need to pay for at that time and the figures cancelled.

The problem with asking people what they want is there's plenty of room for them to not follow through with their answers.

Even I, voted Mola Ram, but depending on a number of factors, I can't guarantee I'd follow through on the order, and if Marion were in her bar costume from Raiders, I'd get her but anything else probably not.

I voted for and can honestly say I would purchase all Indy 12" figures SSC makes. Was a promise I made to myself when the license was announced since I am a HUGE Indy fan and I want to be a completest with this line since I am not with everything else I can afford to with this line. I can also say that I will follow through since I kept German Indy, even though he make be lack laster. :D

With that though, I voted for everyone except for the KOTCS characters.

I'd buy a Marion if the clothing was as she first appeared in the bar.

Back