New Poll - who would you buy from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you definitely buy?

• Marion (any outfit)

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Ceremonial Belloq

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Mola Ram

Votes: 77 70.6%
  • Sallah

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • Deitrich

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Irina Spalko

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Willie

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Mutt Williams

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Donovan

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Grail Knight

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters
Do your own poll then. But it has to be realistic. Seriously is anyone going to buy a Marcus if they couldn't even sell Belloq? I don't think so. A little kid like Short Round? Nope.

Yeah, you have to make the distinction between casual collectors and die-hard fans. Though we have our preferences, it's safe to assume that we'd buy pretty much any character Sideshow would make. For the casual collector, not so much. We'll probably see more Indy variations than secondary characters produced. Mola Ram is a given as a villain, plus he's just so visually appealing, and I think that Marion, perhaps Sallah would be popular. Even Short Round seems to be popular, but beyond that, whatever secondary characters Sideshow makes would have to be pretty low edition sizes for them to move.

I think Short Round would sell well too. Personally, I'll only get him full price if he's fully loaded like Henry was. If he's bare bones, I would wait til I can find him cheap--but I'd still get him.

I would also pass on Marcus, and I would take Elsa before Donovan.

Do your own poll then. But it has to be realistic. Seriously is anyone going to buy a Marcus if they couldn't even sell Belloq? I don't think so. A little kid like Short Round? Nope.

You're crazy... Short Round would sell better than all but maybe 2-3 in this poll. So would Sallah (though thankfully he has been added).

I don't see this being limited to a 12" or PF poll, but in PF I would get Mola Ram and that is probably all from the Indy license.

:wave

short round would sell for sure...that is if SSC didn't try and price him at $90.

Short Round using the hobbit body is about as easy a figure as you can design. should be about $50. Big seller.

short round would sell for sure...that is if SSC didn't try and price him at $90.

Short Round using the hobbit body is about as easy a figure as you can design. should be about $50. Big seller.

There's not really much you can give him accessory wise. Backpack (Indy's whip and stuff and tied together), torch?

GIVE US SHORT ROUND!!!! :rock :rock :rock

shortround.jpg

Perhaps my personal opinion is clouded. Sallah was a definite oversight in not being included, but I truly don't believe that many casual collectors would be interested in Short Round.

Definitely the whip bundle and torch for Shorty. He also carried Indy's "stuff" in a proper suitcase kind of thing on their way to the Indian village. Not sure if the whip bundle was in a case or if it was the jacket and satchel all bundled together. He also a little knife in a sheath. Maybe the blocks on his feet for him to reach the car pedals? And a deck of cards? I would say a Sankara stone (and the Shiva scroll piece), but I would leave that for TOD Indy.

Definitely the whip bundle and torch for Shorty. He also carried Indy's "stuff" in a proper suitcase kind of thing on their way to the Indian village. Not sure if the whip bundle was in a case or if it was the jacket and satchel all bundled together. He also a little knife in a sheath. Maybe the blocks on his feet for him to reach the car pedals? And a deck of cards? I would say a Sankara stone (and the Shiva scroll piece), but I would leave that for TOD Indy.

What about as an exclusive, a head with him wearing Indy's hat? For the scene where he wears it for all of 30 seconds. Would still be cool.

Perhaps my personal opinion is clouded. Sallah was a definite oversight in not being included, but I truly don't believe that many casual collectors would be interested in Short Round.

"Darklord Dave under-estimate appear of Short Round?!"

"I very little! You cheat very big!!!!"

t15.jpg

You're also older then a few of us, so perhaps the appeal just isn't there. Shorty is my age, so back when the movie came out I loved the character and I still do....

He could come with the mine car. Or the Kali statue...

Well, we've seen the effect of attaching Indy figures with massive EX items and the result isn't all that good.... I do wonder how KOTCS Indy will do? Alfterall, Toht and Belloq EXs looked like sellouts before they hit the SS warehouse.... Months later we can still get them both on second chance.

Back