NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my custom Godfather.
Head is original from Hot toys. Body is advanced TT. Hands from my T-1000 extras, chair and suit from ebay. Cost around $190.
15g8rhy.jpg

2zrhjki.jpg

2j33cc9.jpg

141jsck.jpg

Thanks for comments.
The price for MISB HT Godfather is now very high round $400.
So I decided to do the custom. Of course no extra accessories, such as the cat, backdrop etc. But it is good enu for me, because the most important part is that amazing head sculpt.

Thanks for comments.
So I decided to do the custom. Of course no extra accessories, such as the cat, backdrop etc. But it is good enu for me, because the most important part is that amazing head sculpt.

The hat is horrid, so your not missing much with the accessories.

Just picked up the Hot Toys Godfather figure. Loved the head sculpt and the suit but was disappointed with the chair. You have given me some great new ideas. Thanks.

Just picked up the Hot Toys Godfather figure. Loved the head sculpt and the suit but was disappointed with the chair. You have given me some great new ideas. Thanks.

I'm sorry but what? Please don't give him that red and white euro postmodernism goofy chair posted above. Don Vito would not be caught dead with that chair!

The suit can probably pass, but he needs to be fattened up.

I do hear you on the current asking of the price though, it's steep to pay what the asking price is, if you ask me though it's one of the ones that is worth it though.

Thanks for comments.

maybe you can picked up enterbay version
with $190 you can get mint in box

review_ebdon_large.jpg

600full-the-godfather-trilogy%3A-1901--1980-poster.jpg

I guess people can understand that both are representations of the Godfather... but let's not kid ourselves here... Hot Toys is clearly superior. And this is going by actual in-hand pics, not the misleading protos.

honestly this pic cant be an accurate reference of the Enterbay GF.. from the proportion, painting and "feel" I think Enterbay GF is better... while HT seems like "Toys"

maybe you can picked up enterbay version
with $190 you can get mint in box

I also have this in mind before doing the custom, but I really don't like the HS of the Enterbay version. He looked older and listless (only my point of view), so no point to buy.

That chair does look a bit more Scarface and less Don Corleone to me.

As for the chair, this is the best I can find at the moment. I think maybe Don Corleone sometimes will sit on other type of chair :lol

For me, the most important part is Hot toys head sculpt, that's what I aim for. :)

IMO there is only one GODFATHER and that should be the only one.I've had mine for over a year now and i still don't get tired of looking at it.If there was to be one figure to show Hot Toys achievements it would be this figure for it's truly a Movie Masterpiece.I think anyway!☺

I highly recommend anyone who has this guy to strip him and iron (carefully-low heat through damp cotton) his clothes, then futz, the difference is major. He looks much much better than straight out of the box. A little nerve wracking but worth it. Just avoid the stripes on the pants & jacket as thats printed black.

Back