NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt everything is hand painted. I'm sure its painted with a machine at different levels... like the eyes skin tones, lips etc, the shades and liver spots are probably by hand

They are painted with masks, usually a thin metal covering that reveals only the spot that gets a particular color of paint. That's how they can be consistent.

Looking at the blemishes on the Don's face, they all appear in the same spots.

They are painted with masks, usually a thin metal covering that reveals only the spot that gets a particular color of paint. That's how they can be consistent.

Looking at the blemishes on the Don's face, they all appear in the same spots.

Do you mean they're hand-painted using masks, or machine-painted?

Just looking at the pic you can see a couple of areas of inconsistency.

22ghz9.jpg

Yeah everyone of those is slightly different, especially the liver spots, check the 2nd comparing to the 4th. Hope i get one with not so many, 4th looks kind of excessive, just darker.

:confused: What kind of machine are you talking about?

At least some kind of automated assistance, not exclusively handfree only
I still reckon this kills the enterbay version, cannot wait!

Yeah, I heard that too, should be out by the end of the week.

I am quite sure the newsletter said the figure will be display in their new store next week, not the figure being release next week.

I think they have their prototypes on display in there store - like the DX Joker for example. They probably meant the production figure will finally be on display, which would mean they are done/almost done.

I still want to know what the extra goodie is!

Maybe a trench coat and a hat? What the Don was wearing when he was shot while shopping?

Back