NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT has teased that the Godfather will be coming with an extra goodie now! Any ideas what it could be. They have been saying clear out a big display area for him.

Maybe a carpet? I don't know if there is one in the room in the movie, but that would really compliment the display as sort of a base, and would take a lot of room (-> "big display area"). :huh

Yeah, if it takes up space I can't see it being a horse head or bag of oranges. The horse head doesn't "make sense" either as Vito never saw it in person.

Maybe a carpet? I don't know if there is one in the room in the movie, but that would really compliment the display as sort of a base, and would take a lot of room (-> "big display area"). :huh

Yeah, the definate "bid display area" has me thinking it will be something big and impressive as well. Thats why I thought Desk at first, but I seriously doubt that as it would have greatly uped the price point. But I like the idea of the rug/carpet. It would certainly be a lot less expensive to throw in as a "bonus" than a desk.

But I think the Horse's head and oranges are valid possibilites though. Was there anything else that size the Don may have come into contact with? Cigar? Glasses? Gun? Or what about an orange mouth sculpt? You know, when he is scaring his grandson in the garden?

I'm sure he is referring to something like a stencil. You place the stencil securely to the area being painted and then you apply paint with an air brush.

Right, handpainted, not machine, but with assistance, not freehand like a custom or the original prototype would be painted.

A carpet makes most sense. The Desk would up the costs too much I think. A carpet would take up space in a display shelf so that makes sense. It will be so awesome to find out.

Maybe Hot Toys really want to ^^^^ with Enterbay and will give us some kind of background, even if it means not making as much money for them.

"When you do more than you're paid to do, you will eventually be paid more for what you do"

thegodfatheractionfigur.jpg

The backround. That has to be it. It looks like maybe they can make it fold and place it underneath the figure in the box.

Maybe Hot Toys really want to ^^^^ with Enterbay and will give us some kind of background, even if it means not making as much money for them.

thegodfatheractionfigur.jpg

I agree with this point. They aren't just init to make money, for the godfather. This their way of telling EB that they are gonna screw them up if they choose to pick up the same licence.

I agree with this point. They aren't just init to make money, for the godfather. This their way of telling EB that they are gonna screw them up if they choose to pick up the same licence.

You have that the wrong way aound. Enterbay picked up the license first. Enterbay has the upper hand as Hot Toys picked it up later but are committed to having it out on the market first. Whatever they come up with Enterbay will trump it.

This figure is so bought! Looks to be figure of the year material. Hopefully HT persues more older movies too. I love the modern stuff they've been tackling but there's a plethora of classics they could certainly do justice! :rock

I'm saying 'trump it' in that Enterbay have the time to revise, whereas Hot Toys are now locked into their production run. Sure they can offer a teaser extra, that can't be anything of great monetary value, due to the fact that those pre-ordering have paid the due amount. Unless of course they can up the price sufficiently, once the pre-orders have shipped.

Enterbay played their hand and immediately Hot Toys went and revised their initial offering. Anyone concerned? :lol Enterbay replied with a revision of their own, that has yet to be seen. That's where I can't understand the recent posts declaring Hot Toys to be far and away the better of the two. No one is going to really know except those that are getting both, and when they get them. The word of anyone else is just a misinformed opinion based on what? Pics.

Enterbay wont do a reveal until after Hot Toys is out and they have inspected their own produced product. Probably a week or two before shipping. Yes, Enterbay may be shooting themselves in the foot with missed sales just as much as collectors may be shooting themselves in the foot by buying the lesser of the two. The lesser being a damn good Godfather, regardless of which you happen to buy. Each company has its supporters for various reasons. There are no losers.

Ugh. This piece looks phenomenal but if it ships too soon I'm gonna be stuck having to cancel. Too much coming at one time.

You have that the wrong way aound. Enterbay picked up the license first. Enterbay has the upper hand as Hot Toys picked it up later but are committed to having it out on the market first. Whatever they come up with Enterbay will trump it.

:lol yeah okay. The company with 2-3 licenses will "Trump" them all hehe WATCH OUT TOY WORLD! :lol

Still I like Enterbay, they ARE a very talented company and their Vito does look pretty sweet. Not as good as HT's but damn nice nonetheless. I wish them luck. :)

How much will the Enterbay Vito cost?
How long is a piece of string?

I got my Enterbay Godfather for $130, and the Hot Toys one for $135, both included shipping. I guess that just makes me indecisive. :lol

Hot Toys Godfather is $135- $190 and Enterbay's around $160 - $205, but it's $170 direct from Enterbay. Prices don't include shipping.

:lol yeah okay. The company with 2-3 licenses will "Trump" them all hehe WATCH OUT TOY WORLD! :lol

Still I like Enterbay, they ARE a very talented company and their Vito does look pretty sweet. Not as good as HT's but damn nice nonetheless. I wish them luck. :)
You're damn hilarious Mr T. Get some nuts. I guess Hot Toys started out with ten licences too. :rolleyes:

You're damn hilarious Mr T. Get some nuts. I guess Hot Toys started out with ten licences too. :rolleyes:

You sure do take things personal for a grown man, it IS still just a toy you know. All the power to you, whatever makes you happy, makes me happy too. :)

:) = Not taking things personal.

How long is a piece of string?

I got my Enterbay Godfather for $130, and the Hot Toys one for $135, both included shipping. I guess that just makes me indecisive. :lol

Hot Toys Godfather is $135- $190 and Enterbay's around $160 - $205, but it's $170 direct from Enterbay. Prices don't include shipping.

I don't understand your analogy therefore I choose to ignore it.

But thanks for the pricing info. I haven't paid much attention to either Godfather figure (not a big fan, but if it's a new 1/6 I'm always interested).

Back